Renault 16 love-in - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Tadpole

Just got hold of a copy of the Renault National Dealer Conference paperwork held onThe 12th and 13th of June 1968 to introduce the Renault16. Very interesting reading.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Though you R16 lovers might like this R16.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEEE View Post
    Done my research, and the latest addition is an 1154 complianced in 7-72 - must have been an early one!
    I wouldn't be surprised then if the oval plate is circa 78xx, placing it in the first AUS assembled R1154 batch.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised then if the oval plate is circa 78xx, placing it in the first AUS assembled R1154 batch.
    Very close - 7948

Fruit images shown are illustrative of flavour only and are not ingredients of the product.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    All it needs is organizers and a decent amount of notice for people to arrange holidays etc and to make sure it doesn't clash with other major Renault events. We have suggested to Col for Tassie to hold a major event. You also need at least a full weekend and preferably longer if you want to get people from a long way away. Example RCCQ RSAE weekends get people from Vic, NSW and SA. The 4CV Register bi annual Muster has them from all over Aust and overseas. This year RCCQ organized a major trip to France. RCCQ is planning major event again in about April 2014 and expecting French visitors. It will probably be for 2 weeks. 4CV register Junee April 2013 and every odd numbered year. It isn't really all that hard. Why don't the Presidents of all the Reno or like car clubs have a bit of a talk fest via conference call or email to sort out major Renault events and get together s well in advance. I haven't been to Tassie since early 1960's love to go again.
    all well said and i shall start things at the tassie end; we have a fcct meeting coming up and it will be discussed then
    cheers! peter

Tadpole

Okay, so I bought Balki's (my brother) R16.
    Having trouble getting the right dizzy cap. The two differnt types listed in auto parts books at parts dealers both do not fit. Is my rotor button to be matched to the cap? One of the distributor caps fit, but my rotor button is too large to rotate within it. Advice would be appreciated.
    Had another problem with the car; it was running too hot. Found out that someone had put the thermostat in back to front!!
    Cheers, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by boneshaker View Post
    Okay, so I bought Balki's (my brother) R16.
    Having trouble getting the right dizzy cap. The two differnt types listed in auto parts books at parts dealers both do not fit. Is my rotor button to be matched to the cap? One of the distributor caps fit, but my rotor button is too large to rotate within it. Advice would be appreciated.
    Had another problem with the car; it was running too hot. Found out that someone had put the thermostat in back to front!!
    Cheers, Peter
    There were a few types of distributors used on 16's so you'll need to check which one your running. Bosch, Ducellier and S.E.V Marchall were used. They run different rotor buttons so you'll need to match. Bosch were Australian specific running gear being part of the 'local content' rules and are fairly available in store in Australia as the are shared in a few other car makes of the era - eg Toyota Corolla's and Chrysler I think. Ducellier you'll probably need to contact a Renault specific parts dealer eg. Caravelle Imports or they are plentiful on ebay (Being used in Europe on all 16's). Your unlikley to be running the SEV but I was suprised to find one on a recent 1969 model I picked up recently.
    With the thermostat besides turning it the correct way also make sure that the pin hole is at the top of the hose.

1000+ Posts

There are also 2 different size Bosch, one with a large cap and rotor and one with a smaller one. They are not interchangeable. Not sure which was on what.

Tadpole

Default problem solved

Turns out it is the large bosch type. It's a good thing that bosch prints their part numbers on because I ended up taking it in and the part numbers came up fine. Was listed for toyotas etc. I guess I'll have to get used to the froggy thing!!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information