R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?

As in sorta free to one?

Advertisement

I'll take the donk if you remove it..

Jo

I'd rather store it on the farm (sorry Mum...) than see it wrecked.

It's been very faithful and very good to me - it deserves better.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

You'll get some money for it .... definitely. Google "Ace Scrap Metal"

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

if it was in Melb Hakkon, i'd risk divorce and grab it off ya!!!
    I'vbe always liked the look of the 21s and 25s, the 80s are cool afterall!

You can have it in Melbs for the cost of some fuel and an airfare back. I'll even swing past the farm and pile in all in the spare parts and drop it off to you. You gotta promise to give it some love and use it though!

See the for sale thread

Happy to transport it, I get a visit to the olds and some mates out of that deal!

Windscreen in Melbourne is $280. Good s/h tyres can be had from that place near dandenong for $30 a throw fitted.

Ken at Carravelle won't charge much for brake wheel cylinders.

Water pump I'd leave til it leaks.

AC even still works (a bit). JoBo might help top it up with hychill again if you're nice to him.

The trans oil leak is the plug where the solenoid valve body loom comes out - drop the sump, swap the loom in from one of the spare transmissions you have to collect from Mt Waverley and it will go through a roadworthy.

The Hume on its way back the Canberra - the pretty sunset betrays the monotony that awaits...

Early morning coffee shop, 6am just off the ferry.

On the ferry obviously. Pug strapped to the boot

80kms down a gravel road at Fake Pedder. Damn shame to see it knowing what was there before
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-img_5132.jpg   R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-img_5097.jpg   R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-img_5084.jpg   R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-img_4885.jpg  

A Renault in its natural habitat - lots of winding roads

Lake Gordon - that's about as far as that road went. Don't think the R21 floats...

A local up at Mount Field National Park - requesting titbits. Forcefully.

Pwetty rainbow coming down the Southern Outlet into Hobart. Loved that daily drive, seeing Hobart and the River all laid out below - always looked different. Geez I miss Hobart....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-img_4882.jpg   R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-img_4860.jpg   R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-img_4562.jpg   R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-img_4481.jpg  

Waiting to board the ferry on the way down - note correct coolant temperature even after an hour of queuing

Fully sik Kenwood stereo, and theres even a stacker in the boot. Yes I listen to Radio National...

Day before the ferry to Tasmania - the gearbox transplant that probably wasn't needed after all.

Does cruise well though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-img_4377.jpg   R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-img_4376.jpg   R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-img_4362.jpg   R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-img_2824.jpg  

Leaving Canberra - how much crap can you get in an R21 you ask? Lots.

Craig and Delia - both in their 50s and they kick my arse on the mountain bikes.... They dont laugh at me or old Renault, I dont hassle them for driving a diesel - it all works

The engine just before it was pulled from Kirsty's last R21. Reasons for the cars dismantling should be obvious....

What the inside looks with no dash.

Reason for it having no dash - to get to the bloody vent flap motor and replace its with an R25 vacuum pod that actually works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-img_4337.jpg   R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-img_4330.jpg   R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-img_0054.jpg   R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-p2090016.jpg   R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-p2090015.jpg  

That was sorta all backwards in chronology...

I'll miss it, but can't keep it.

No wrecking allowed! Good home only.

She may be a bit jealous... It does seem very ungrateful...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R21 Marseille - is there a good home out there for it?-img_5426.jpg  

I'll swap you a complete R25 prv v6 parts car

Nice Meg