http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/25/y...wiz/#continued

Advertisement

pur-john, not pew-john! peujohn's Avatar

John W

1979 Peugeot 504 GTI 2.2 litre 5 speed - 72 kW at the wheels

1974 Peugeot 504 TI
    - now on the road

2009 Peugeot 407 HDI wagon - family car

Previous: 2005 407 HDI manual sedan, 1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16, 1977 504 GL Special, 1984 505 SRD Turbo

1000+ Posts

I accept that the Renault-Sport models are very capable indeed but, of course, the rest of Renault's range are hopeless heaps except.......

I must say that the Twizy is the only one of them that generates even the tiniest twinge of lust & this only serves to reinforce that.

cheers! Peter

1000+ Posts

Twizzy. Been up close and personnel and cannot see it taking off in OZ much less passing our ADR's. Also electric and in Paris they have started putting in kerbside charging plugs. Don't know what you do if you arrive home from work to find them all taken. Walk to work next day I guess. You can't really run a lead from your upstairs unit. One thing in their favor they aren't left hand drive. No conversion required.

1000+ Posts

Basically they are an up market quad. Quads are legal on the roads in Europe but for some weird reason not in OZ. Why are two and three wheels legal here but quads not?

I can't help thinking these are just an overpriced mobility scooter....

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    Twizzy. Been up close and personnel and cannot see it taking off in OZ much less passing our ADR's. Also electric and in Paris they have started putting in kerbside charging plugs. Don't know what you do if you arrive home from work to find them all taken. Walk to work next day I guess. You can't really run a lead from your upstairs unit. One thing in their favor they aren't left hand drive. No conversion required.
    Here's "the old and the new" in more ways than one. Electric hire car in Paris. I understand you can book your next parking place before leaving the pick up but don't know the details. Typically the ones I saw were characterised by pigeon droppings........

As for Twizy,it is a very interesting device. However, I agree and can't see it working well in Oz except conceivably in Melbourne or Sydney. One problem is we haven't a big enough proportion of two-wheelers for a more refined and capable urban commuter to be attractive as an alternative. Why wouldn't most folk buy a secondhand H*****i instead as Twizy would be competing with small cars instead of bikes. We'll see if Renault find a way of getting the device registered here I guess.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Will it drift? Twizy-old-new.jpg  
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

I've driven in Sydney, scary narrow lanes. How do people drive SUVs there...?!!!

If I was ever rich and mad enough to live there, a Twizzy would be bloody ideal.

But they need support. Parking spots chopped up (two Twizzys in one normal spot) and charging stations. Australians are just not bright enough to make it work...

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
    I've driven in Sydney, scary narrow lanes. How do people drive SUVs there...?!!!

If I was ever rich and mad enough to live there, a Twizzy would be bloody ideal.

But they need support. Parking spots chopped up (two Twizzys in one normal spot) and charging stations. Australians are just not bright enough to make it work...
    WHY do they drive SUVs is at least as good a question!

A Twizy would be a good commuting vehicle in most weather - I'd quite like one but for Perth drivers.....
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post

A Twizy would be a good commuting vehicle in most weather - I'd quite like one but for Perth drivers.....
    They drive SUV in Sydney because the roads are just full of holes and are hopelessly pathetic....

Twizy has about as much chance of passing ADR's as a pair of roller skates so don't worry all you Silvia drivers, your title is safe.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Ha! With the weather we had lately in Perth, the Twizy will be the first flying car and then the first flying boat if it gets dropped in the ocean. ADR will have to test for flying and floating capacity and mandate the driver to wear floating devices and a parachute at all times.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    Twizy has about as much chance of passing ADR's as a pair of roller skates so don't worry all you Silvia drivers, your title is safe.
    Quite so David! If they think it is a car, end of story.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    Ha! With the weather we had lately in Perth, the Twizy will be the first flying car and then the first flying boat if it gets dropped in the ocean. ADR will have to test for flying and floating capacity and mandate the driver to wear floating devices and a parachute at all times.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Here's "the old and the new" in more ways than one. Electric hire car in Paris. I understand you can book your next parking place before leaving the pick up but don't know the details. Typically the ones I saw were characterised by pigeon droppings........
    In a post pre-crash I explained the European, French and Parisien strategy to phase out personal IC powered transport. One of the key components is the encouragement of the use small personal EV.
    In Paris charging facilities are being installed with subsidies from the government, city and the car makers. Car owners will have four charging options.
    Charge from their own power supply with a special socket and meter if necessary.
    Charge at a street parking outlet.
    Charge at private parking like supermarket or paid parking stations
    For some vehicles like Renault, swap the battery at a "filling station"
    They are progressively installing street charging outlets but because of physical constraints and the strategy to move people to rental or public transport, there will never be enough, as with the present parking congestion. So the apartment dwellers as now will park where they can but charge their cars and walk home.

I wrote this article for the NSW CitroŽn Club magazine last month which explains the facilities of on street vehicle hire and how to access them.

As explained in my post in Froggy Chat on Small Slow cars, there is a European directive creating the regulations for a registration class for small vehicles that do not require a driving licence of their driver.
    Usually referred to as a quadricycle their constraints are embodied in legislation in the major European countries. The Twizy fits in this category.
    Until Australia comes up with a common policy on urban congestion and pollution, I can't see much of the innovation in the European small vehicle design being available in Australia in spite of the obvious benefits.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Great post Haakon, well done.
    Regards
    Chopper Bob

I saw one plugging along one of the main entry freeways into Madrid recently and I was getting death trap.
    Clearly a great idea in town, beyond forget it. It just hung in on the traffic flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    Basically they are an up market quad. Quads are legal on the roads in Europe but for some weird reason not in OZ. Why are two and three wheels legal here but quads not?
    Two wheels is a motorcycle, three wheels are a tricycle and four wheels are a car. Gotta pass those pesky ADR's!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

It could replace my mobility scooter nicely thank you just need to limit the speed to 10kph to allow it on the footpaths no ADR's req'd Hmmmmmmm I wonder if aids and equipment will buy it for me.
    Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I want a dozen of them ...... Imagine the races we could have around the bike tracks Do they come with "bumpers" like dodgem cars

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

ROFL. With the size plus the wheel of this car I don't think that it has enough power to drift. BTW, If Renault sell this on market?

Thread Information