Treasure Trove of R8 and Gordini parts to be sold.
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Treasure Trove of R8 and Gordini parts to be sold.

After over 25 years of collecting R8 and Gordini parts a friend is selling off all his parts. Of course I will pick the eyes out of the parts first for what I need.

Advertisement

Parts that will be sold include- 1x Rolling R8 shell, 1x 5 speed Gordini box, enough body panels for 2 cars, 1x Gordini dash and instruments, Gordini lights and buckets, 4 headlight front panel, seats and interior bits, Gordini badges, 1x Gordini twin shock rear cross member, lights and blinker lenses, suspension parts, 1x Gordini oil cooler, 5x radiators, new and used cables, engine parts, 3x brake boosters and so much more I can't list it all here. I must mention though there will also be 2 sets of R1135 Gordini ID plates diamond and oval. One set from the second build of cars and one set from the 3rd build of cars.
    Basically there is enough parts to build an R1135.

There is so much to go through and catalogue the sale will be held at my place most likely in the summer. It will be advertised on the internet and through the Renault car clubs magazines, so keep an eye out. Interested parties can supply an email address and I will email a catalogue of parts and photos when it is finally completed.

Enjoy,
    Paul.
    Last edited by Paul T; 16th June 2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: remove link

Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.
    Jaguar XF 2014.

Paul,
    Pls put me on the "newsletter" distribution. Do you still have my email address?

Regards
    Kevin
    KB

Fellow Frogger!

Default man with parts

G/DAY Paul,
    does this man drive an R12 around bathurst i was told of a man with heap of reno parts that had a bit of a breakdown and was selling his stuff off it would be a coincidence that i hear of it in grafton the same day you put it on A/F . could you please put me on your mailing list as well
    Cheers Peter.

Hi all,
    I will let everyone know when we have it all cataloged. There is literally thousands of parts to go through. We will even keep the "junk" just in case someone wants it. Better it to be given away than it go to the tip.

I spent 2 hours this afternoon putting into lots and haven't even made a hole in it yet and there is still more to come.

Lots of Gordini parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin, I retrieved your email address so your on the list.
    Anyone else who is interested, please send a PM with your email so I can include you.
    Last edited by Paul T; 11th June 2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: additional info

Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.
    Jaguar XF 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post

Lots of Gordini parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sounds good, my ears are buring.
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

Fellow Frogger! Gordini Pervert's Avatar

FUUUUUU

I need dash/Interior stuff. PLEASE! PM sent

Also great work on the Gordini Paul - looking Sh_it hot

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Paul,

Very interested in engine parts, gearbox, headlights and buckets, and 4 shock rear end.
    Trying to complete my R 1135.
    Please put me on your list.

Cheers, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
    Hi Paul,

Very interested in engine parts, gearbox, headlights and buckets, and 4 shock rear end.
    Trying to complete my R 1135.
    Please put me on your list.

Cheers, Steve.
    Hi Steve,
    Please send a PM with your email address so I can send a list of parts when completed.
    Have everything you mention, but not sure about engine parts? Still more to come though.

Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.
    Jaguar XF 2014.

Fellow Frogger! Gordini Pervert's Avatar

Yeh gearbox too please - that a 5 speed?

I don't need anything other than the switch lever on the engine compartment light.

But what is the format of the sale going to be? Given that Australian 8 Gordini and RHD 8G parts in general are finite in nature, I'm just wondering if it would be worthwhile to have an initial tender sale for the rolling shell (if an 8G shell), with the buyer given first pickings, or create a "kit car" including the shell and all the other 8G hardware, such as dash, motor, gearbox, 4-shock rear etc in order for the car to be completed. If it is an original 8G shell, it would be a shame if the 8G shell purchaser wasn't given first pickings of the parts in order to complete the car because someone else wanted, say, the only 8G dash in the sale to fit to a round-eye 10.

I'm guessing that a buyer would likely bid more for a genuine 8G shell if they had the certainty of securing other 8G parts to complete the car. Also, make sure the correct ID plates get allocated to the correct shell.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

dvr
    Fellow Frogger!

Put Steve Koz and me the list too. (Koz is looking after your old 1135 really well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I don't need anything other than the switch lever on the engine compartment light.

But what is the format of the sale going to be? Given that Australian 8 Gordini and RHD 8G parts in general are finite in nature, I'm just wondering if it would be worthwhile to have an initial tender sale for the rolling shell (if an 8G shell), with the buyer given first pickings, or create a "kit car" including the shell and all the other 8G hardware, such as dash, motor, gearbox, 4-shock rear etc in order for the car to be completed. If it is an original 8G shell, it would be a shame if the 8G shell purchaser wasn't given first pickings of the parts in order to complete the car because someone else wanted, say, the only 8G dash in the sale to fit to a round-eye 10.

I'm guessing that a buyer would likely bid more for a genuine 8G shell if they had the certainty of securing other 8G parts to complete the car. Also, make sure the correct ID plates get allocated to the correct shell.
    The rolling shell is only an R8 (rust free), NOT R8G. Comes with all panels.

We will have the sale at my place 25km south of Bathurst towards Oberon as I have the room to lay out the parts and there's plenty of parking (i'll supply good directions). I have a draft list done and its huge over 100 R8/R10 parts and 48 R8 Gordini specific parts. The parts are still just a pile in my stables and it will take a day to lay out prior to sale. Nothing will be sold prior to the sale starting at 10am to be fair to all. Be on time or you might miss out on what you want. Viewing from 9.30am The parts that are causing most interest being the R8 shell, gearbox, dash parts, ID plates etc might be best as you say tendered on the day. The rest is just pick a part. Certainly open to how to do this as it needs to be fair. When I listed the parts post I had no idea my email would go so crazy. These are not my parts and I want it to be easy on me as well. There are still more parts to come. I would think we should be ready in about 8 weeks. What have I got myself into????????????

Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.
    Jaguar XF 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by dvr View Post
    Put Steve Koz and me the list too. (Koz is looking after your old 1135 really well.)
    Need an email address. Thanks.

Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.
    Jaguar XF 2014.

Tadpole

I'd be interested in attending the sale too. How do I register interest?

Fellow Frogger!

Do we need to bring some BBQ snags etc?

Quote Originally Posted by putuguq View Post
    I'd be interested in attending the sale too. How do I register interest?
    Just send me a PM with your email address and I will send all the details when we have it together.

Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.
    Jaguar XF 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
    Do we need to bring some BBQ snags etc?
    There will be a BBQ operating with bacon and eggs in the morning, tea and coffee drinks etc. Lets make a day of it.
    Paul.

Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.
    Jaguar XF 2014.

R8G

Quote Originally Posted by Gordini Pervert View Post
    Yeh gearbox too please - that a 5 speed?
    As president of the RCCA with an 8G I'm going to pull rank and bags that

[QUOTE Certainly open to how to do this as it needs to be fair.

So do you intend to run it as an auction, where there are more than 2 parties interested in any single part?

Angelo

Quote Originally Posted by R8 Dream View Post
    [QUOTE Certainly open to how to do this as it needs to be fair.

So do you intend to run it as an auction, where there are more than 2 parties interested in any single part?

Angelo
    With so much interest in some parts we might have to. Either that or tender on the day? I guess with an auction you can go to your limit and don't over capitalise.

What have I got myself into!

Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.
    Jaguar XF 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by R8G View Post
    As president of the RCCA with an 8G I'm going to pull rank and bags that

We'll bugger me. I didn't realise your money was a different colour to the colour of ours!
    KB

Default R8 parts

Hi Paul

If you could add me to the mailing list I would appreciate it very much.

I have a R8 in fairly good condition but there is always room for improvement, especially underneith!!

Cheers

R8philSA

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    The rolling shell is only an R8 (rust free), NOT R8G. Comes with all panels.

We will have the sale at my place 25km south of Bathurst towards Oberon as I have the room to lay out the parts and there's plenty of parking (i'll supply good directions). I have a draft list done and its huge over 100 R8/R10 parts and 48 R8 Gordini specific parts. The parts are still just a pile in my stables and it will take a day to lay out prior to sale. Nothing will be sold prior to the sale starting at 10am to be fair to all. Be on time or you might miss out on what you want. Viewing from 9.30am The parts that are causing most interest being the R8 shell, gearbox, dash parts, ID plates etc might be best as you say tendered on the day. The rest is just pick a part. Certainly open to how to do this as it needs to be fair. When I listed the parts post I had no idea my email would go so crazy. These are not my parts and I want it to be easy on me as well. There are still more parts to come. I would think we should be ready in about 8 weeks. What have I got myself into????????????
    You've got yourself into a favour for a good friend by the sound of it. Good on you for that and best of luck for the sale!

Lucky I'm in Perth or there'd be one more there to complicate matters. I agree with Simon's perspective, which I interpret as it being a good idea to try and keep R8G stuff together if you can.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Fellow Frogger!

Seriously, if there is to be a sale, and it seems there are numbers of interested parties in plum parts (eg. gearbox), it should be an auction on a CASH ONLY BASIS.

Would make the day more fun?

This would be the fairest way.
    Remember - many of us would be coming a long way to attend in good faith.
    Presidents, etc. who want to pull some sort of rank are obviously corrupt, on the take at every opportunity, and should be banned....

Quote Originally Posted by R8G View Post
    As president of the RCCA with an 8G I'm going to pull rank
    Good luck with that - it's never worked for me!

Fruit images shown are illustrative of flavour only and are not ingredients of the product.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information