New Parts From France Or Elsewhere
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default New Parts From France Or Elsewhere

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a source of new parts for older cars like a Renault 15 from overseas?

Eg door mirrors, antenna clock (R17).

Regards

Alan

Advertisement

Default parts

door mirrors used tobe available from Ken at carvel (0398909061) antenna from most auto shops electric antennas as standard in R17. clocks are repairable at most auto instrument shops there is one in st marys glossip st marys.
    David

Default pars

Attspeed 9833005 is the name of the auto ins comp that repaired my clocks.
    David

Attspeed Ph- 98330055
    1/35-37 Glossip St St Marys
    http://www.attspeed.com.au/

Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.
    Jaguar XF 2014.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 120L View Post
    Hi

Does anyone know if there is a source of new parts for older cars like a Renault 15 from overseas?

Eg door mirrors, antenna clock (R17).

Regards

Alan
    As noted, you might not have to go overseas but, to answer your question indirectly: google 'Renault (pieces, parts)' (the missing accent doesn't matter) &/or get onto Ebay France & search with Google Translate open on another tab. Note that Ebay Australia set on "international" doesn't yield as robust a set of results. Correspond with them using English & Google Translate's fractured French (with suitable apologies). Bonne chance! Pierre

Hi Pierre. I note that there are a couple of French site that advertise a LOT of Renault parts. I think they (mainly) say that they post only to Metropolitan area. Would this be correct and why? I would really like to get some parts from there. Regards, Rod.

Fellow Frogger!

Default Metropololitan

France refers to its European territory wedged between Spain and Germany etc as its homeland or
    " metropolitan " France.
    So in essence it is local postage. Other territories overseas eg Tahiti and former colonies are not included.
    It's similar I guess to the "lower 48" states in the USA. They are the contiguous land mass in North America which excludes Alaska and Hawaii.

Postage to Australia is not covered and would be an additional ($$$$$) cost, should they be willing to help you.

Hope that helps

David

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HeyCharger View Post
    Hi Pierre. I note that there are a couple of French site that advertise a LOT of Renault parts. I think they (mainly) say that they post only to Metropolitan area. Would this be correct and why? I would really like to get some parts from there. Regards, Rod.
    Hello Rod, most places are not wanting to fuss with overseas postage or haven't thought of doing it. But, email them anyway & ask. The best way of doing this if you don't speak French is to write an email in English & then paste it into Google Translate (including an apology for your bad French). Then send both English & French versions. cheers! Peter

Thanks guys for advice. Have had success, providing the items arrive . Rod.

Some of the best suppliers like Oscaro only ship to Metropolitan France otherwise known as the four corners of the Hexagon. Others only quote postage within Metropolitan France but will quote to ship elsewhere.
    For geography buffs, France is divided into Metropolitan or Hexagone, DOM, departments overseas and TOM, territoires overseas like New Caledonia.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Fellow Frogger!

Default Buffs

For geography buffs, France is divided into Metropolitan or Hexagone, DOM, departments overseas and TOM, territoires overseas like New Caledonia.
    I plead guilty to the accusation!

Thank you Gerry for the info. Although the borders of mainland France do invite a 6 faceted shape, I have never heard/read of "the Hexagon". Makes sense to me as I draw Australia with 12 lines on the board for my students.

David

The newspaper headline has become a classic 'howler' that referred to "les quatre coins de l'Hexagone".
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Just tried Google Chrome. Does a great job of translating the French sites into English.

Thread Information