fuego clutch cable support casting
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default fuego clutch cable support casting

Driving along last night I thought the clutch cable snapped. On close inspection today i found the alloy casting that holds the cable has broken. This casting looks pretty weak for the job it does. If any one out there can tell me what they are worth? Any one got a spare? 1984 fuego. 0419833035 Need advise. Mike C.

Advertisement

I have not busted one or ever seen a busted one so I'd say they are suitably strong for the job.
    Yours obviously was not.
    I dont think a part like this carries a specific value. To me its worthless and to you its very valuable.

If you dont find one more local or from the site sponsors (french connection), I could help out.

Jo

Tadpole

Default clutch bracket

Thanks for your quick reply. I will ring around tomorrow to see if anyone can sell me one at a reasonable price.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capos4 View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply. I will ring around tomorrow to see if anyone can sell me one at a reasonable price.
    You might get one locally in Adelaide. Ken Bailey at Caravelle at Box Hill Nth, Melbourne phone (03) 9890 9061 he has new cables and gets orders away promptly interstate by courier. The main trick in refitting the new cable is to line up that cast end with the hole in the engine bay firewall, and over adjust the cable and then put you foot on the clucth pedal and ensure that the end snaps into the hole seating itself correctly, then adjust for pedal comfort and clutch clearance.

If the cable end isn't in properly it may sit sideways in the hole and where the inner cable comes through it puts pressure on the inner cable, creates a wear point that can lead to snapping of the inner cable and may well be the reason the casting broke. Thats my anyway.

I've never had a casing ferrule break and I have refitted a few clutch cables.

Ken.

Tadpole

Default Cable mount.

Thanks for your advise. I have contacted Ken at Caravelle and he is sending me a clutch cable mount.

Thread Information