4CV Inlet/exhaust manifold
  • Help

Default 4CV Inlet/exhaust manifold

Hi Guys. In my spares, I note I have a very nice and curvy looking inlet and exhaust manifold combination. The inlet manifold has 4275354 stamped on it. I would presume by the look of these (unused) that they would increase the airflow considerably. Anyone heard of them? Thanks. Rod.

Advertisement

Pictures here: http://www.vendio.com/stores/TOMMYON...l/lid=19274637
    Last edited by HeyCharger; 2nd June 2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Pictures

Could be a Gordini arrangement.

In fact on looking at photos, it looks like it's off a Dauphine and I also have a Solex 28IBT carburettor, which to me seems to indicate they are Dauphine parts. Might put them on and see how she goes Rod.
    Last edited by HeyCharger; 3rd June 2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: It's an IBT not a 1BT

I used this inlet manifold and fabricated a SS extractor separate from the 'hot spot'. I use a Weber twin choke off a Fiat 128 down draught. Works well with electronic ignition. Funny how things have changed, at one point 'hot spot' were all the go then it was discovered that cold air induction was far more effective in increasing the volume of air/mixture for combustion was better, hence the intercooler event which saw great increases in performances of small engines. After some 100 years of automobile technology it's still amazing that we have still to learn the 'basics'!

Thread Information