Calling all R16 Owners.
Please consider joining the R16 register. So far we have 6 members and 10 cars. To ensure authenticity of the register I won't add anyone or any car unless they have specifically contacted me via email or PM (via Aussiefrogs) or though this thread. I know of 57 different R16's in Australia within the last 2 years and I am sure there are plenty more. I am happy to do the organising/database/admin.
Some benefits of putting your car on the register will be as follows:
- An easy way for sourcing spare parts though other members.
- Access to borrowing a multitude of specialised R16 tools, if available.
- A cheaper way to buy spare parts in bulk from O/S including saving on postage.
- Possiblity to organise gatherings fairly easily, including a potential national gathering on the R16's
upcoming 50 years since launch 2015.
- A reference point for potential buyers / sellers.
- A register creates confidence in the car for current or future owners.
- General technical help from other members where available.
- Your R16 deserves it!
- It doesn't cost anything.
All I need is:
Model: (1150/1151/1152/1153/1154/1156) (Top number on the Oval Plate)
Fabrication No: (Bottom number on the oval plate)
Any Prev history (if known):
Status: (eg Registered, Unregistered, Parts only, under restoration etc)
Your Email address:
So c'mon, get out to the garage, write down your numbers and send an email to: