Rolling renaults
  • Help

Default Rolling renaults

After reading the 1000 reasons thread, I've got to ask, how do you roll a renault??

Advertisement

What series of events do you need to have occur that this happens???
    Is this a thing where you throw the car between sides too quickly and the shifting weight adds to the body roll???

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

You need to get a R8 or R10 .... I reckon the fact you seem to drive a car in a similar manner to me ..................... You'd probably have it on the roof within an hour ..... infact the very first time you had to lift off mid corner for any reason

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    After reading the 1000 reasons thread, I've got to ask, how do you roll a renault??

Is this a thing where you throw the car between sides too quickly and the shifting weight adds to the body roll???
    It is indeed a difficult and challenging procedure. I was never able to repeat my one successful attempt.
    I feel I may have been inhibited by having my cars under under hire-purchase and covered by mandatory insurance, the premiums of which have continued to spiral upwards with no regard to the fact that my vehicles have since remained right side up and damage free.

Perhaps I should get an un-insured car and practice?

Here's one I rolled earlier.

It rolled fairly easily! No great effort needed!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post

I rolled a Renault 4CV (750) many years ago by simply over correcting a slide when the rear end broke away. To compound the problem the canvas strap which limited the downward swing of the axle broke and the car simply fell over at quite low speeds. I had only had my license for about ten days. Control of a slide was not part of my driver training

I soon got the hang of rear engine and swing axles and drove a succession of Dauphine, R8 and R10 very enthusiastically with no further dramas including some time running an R8 in club rally events. I was always very careful to check the limit straps!
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

Banned

Yes, those little webbing straps were quite important in the scheme of Renault swing rear axles.

I rolled a freshly restored R16 on the nullabor (avoiding obstacles that jumped out at me over a crest, on a dirt road).

Young and dumb... driving tired (12th hour) too fast (70kmph) for the dirt road, and had laidened the car too top heavy.

Got it sideways swerving, over corrected, and again... dug in and rolled in the air once, then again landing on the drivers side. Miraculously no one was seriously injured except for the car. Copped a face full of red sand and glass from the windscreen tho.

I was very pleased the car had held up as well as it did.

Rolled the car back onto it's wheels, replaced some tires, and drove the car a further 150km to Eucla the nearest town.. 40C heat no windows..

Miraculously the radio, that had refused to work the whole trip was working.

We never made it out of WA! left the car there

Certainly got some looks coming into town! I may be able to find some photos of the scene.