floride convertibles
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon6 floride convertibles

anyone know how many floride convertibles there are around in nsw approximately . thx les are they extinct or can parts still be obtained cheers

Advertisement

Les,

If parts are available, this is the best place to find them...but good luck.

Athough many mechanical parts and chrome bits, rubbers etc are available in various locals around Europe it is a hard slog to find body panels anywhere.

I have been doing up a Floride in Qld and am just about done, but almost all my parts came from Europe.

I have a good list of parts suppliers if you are interested or post a list of what you need and let the Aussiefrog brotherhood help out.

Cheers Graham
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

I've got two in Vic, not sure about NSW though, parts can be found but it depends on what your looking for and how hard you want to try. Mechanical stuff in oz you'll find but body stuff through europe is harder.
    Or if your car has no rust i'm still interested in a doner car.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    I have a good list of parts suppliers if you are interested or post a list of what you need and let the Aussiefrog brotherhood help out.
    Hi Graham, I'll be starting 'the search' soon for my Caravelle.
    Not exactly sure what yet, but rear plastic lenses is a certain, chrome I'll probably replace too.

I have no idea what condition the engine(s) are in, but told they were running, and the 'best of a bunch', on being originally from the car thankfully. I am considering using a 1.4 or 1.6 engine that can be 'easily' moved between the 10, and my (10 based) Dauphine, saving the Caravelle motor for originality, and public roads.

In short, I'd be interested in your list too!

David.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

Quote Originally Posted by vivid View Post
    Not exactly sure what yet, but rear plastic lenses is a certain, chrome I'll probably replace too.

I have no idea what condition the engine(s) are in, but told they were running, and the 'best of a bunch', on being originally from the car thankfully. I am considering using a 1.4 or 1.6 engine that can be 'easily' moved between the 10, and my (10 based) Dauphine, saving the Caravelle motor for originality, and public roads.

In short, I'd be interested in your list too!

David.

Ok gimme a few days to assemble a list of places I have delt with. Currently trying to get my daughter married off so a bit stretched for time...stay tuned.

Plastic lenses are definately available and well priced.

As far as big engines go, the main thing to consider is being able to cool the beast. I run a 1.4 no problems but not sure if a 1.6 will cool well enough in a rear engine configuration...maybe a front mounted radiator will be the answer, it depends on the level of originality you want to acheive..
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

Quote Originally Posted by vivid View Post

David.
    Rear lenses i think are about 70 euro were as some guys in france think re chroming is better than new. Spoke to someone the other day, and it cost about $120 for each piece of bumper, so 6x$120=$720+ for bumpers alone and about $2000 all up for everything, roughly.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Ok gimme a few days to assemble a list of places I have delt with. Currently trying to get my daughter married off so a bit stretched for time...stay tuned.
    Good luck! I'm still (hopefully) another 15 years off that at least!
    I'm not in a rush, I have to move house in a month or so, I will have to re-evaluate the storage situation anyway.. arggh.

Plastic lenses are definately available and well priced.

As far as big engines go, the main thing to consider is being able to cool the beast. I run a 1.4 no problems but not sure if a 1.6 will cool well enough in a rear engine configuration...maybe a front mounted radiator will be the answer, it depends on the level of originality you want to acheive..
    Right, good point. I already have 1.4s in both of my Dauphines, however even those both have plumbing to a radiator in the front like you mentioned.

I don't really want to do this in the Caravelle.

I guess my aim would be to be able to keep the car original, and any changes non permanent or reversible. Besides the paint, my car is very untouched, and never been in a prang.

Does the Caravelle have a fold down flap for the spare on the front like the Dauphine? I forget.
    In the Dauphine I was thinking it could be handy to accommodate radiator setup with the spare removed, or just to hide the vent when parked.

How about a scoop under the car? Is the problem air escaping the engine bay?

One other thing that came to mind, which also applies to the Floride.
    A few people have suggested adding support for the chassis / sub frame, before bolting everything up.
    I heed the warnings of not putting weight in the car when jacked, and keeping the doors closed.

Has anyone else re-enforced their Flocar?

David.