R10 Wrecking Today.
  • Help

Default R10 Wrecking Today.

The R10 is being wrecked today. This is the 10 with the reconditioned and modified 1.4 virage motor. Motor only been driven once.
    If you want something from a square eyed ten you better let me know quick as what is not sold will be going to the tip Monday.

Everything on this car worked.

Advertisement

Geoff,
    I'm looking for a good boot floor drain channel.
    If yours is OK, I could come & collect the bodyshell instead of you taking it to the tip.
    Would it be possible for you to post some photos of the drain channel (particularly from underneath)?

Robert
    1970 R8 Gordini R1135
    2005 Megane 225 Cup
    2008 Clio X85 Cup Racer
    2014 Megane RS275 Trophy R
    2015 Koleos Expression

Hi Robert:
    I left my camera at work so I can't get some pictures to you. I'm very confident it's in great shape. If you're serious I'll delay the tip until I post some pictures. (monday night) Keep in mind also that I can get $100 bucks from the fella who comes and takes wrecks away- but if I sell it to for that you can take everything else that is still attached which will include the whole body and front end.

Geoff,
    PM sent

Robert
    1970 R8 Gordini R1135
    2005 Megane 225 Cup
    2008 Clio X85 Cup Racer
    2015 Koleos Expression

Tadpole

Default motor 1.4

hello mate , do u still have motor/g,box etc please . thx les

Default motor gearbox

Hi:
    Still have motor and gearbox. Motor is now seperate from gearbox and car. Gearbox still attached to rear wheels and axle etc.

$850 for motor. Keep in mind that this is an enhanced driven once since rebuilt motor

$150 for gearbox

$900 both.

But you'll need to pick up by this weekend.

Regards
    Geoff

1000+ Posts

This could be a pain.

What are the chances of cutting the front crossmember out. Then there's the issue of getting it to the westcoast.

p

Fellow Frogger!

Default R10 Wrecking

Geoff,
    If your 10 has black door trims I am interested in a drivers door upper trim. Brian Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Exfrogger View Post
    This could be a pain.

What are the chances of cutting the front crossmember out. Then there's the issue of getting it to the westcoast.

p
    Hi:
    Sounds a bit confusing? The engine and gearbox have been in a R10 that means the gearbox sits on the rear cross member. No problem at all in me taking gearbox off assembly. The problem for you is that they are probably different gearboxes. The set up in the ten is 1.4 motor attached to ten gearbox with a think I gordini bell housing. The engine will swap over to a 12 no worries but I have no idea about teh gearbox bit. You probably just need a 12 gearbox.

If you're still interested you'd have to sort out getting it to west coast.

Regards
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Brianbcs View Post
    Geoff,
    If your 10 has black door trims I am interested in a drivers door upper trim. Brian Turner
    Hi Brian:
    Yes it is black door trim I'm pretty sure it is in top order but I best check. You'd need to collect. Would sell for $10

regards

Fellow Frogger!

Default Wrecking 10

Thanks Geoff even if the card backing is damaged I'd still be interested, Brian

1000+ Posts

Hi Geoff

It is the front crossmember I'm after. The simplest wat to get it out is to cut thru the chassis rails in front and behind. There's a flimsy bracket on the driver's side that has to be freed too.

The steering rack, controll arms and shocks mount to it.

If you're cutting the boot gutter out for Alpinesau - and if you choose to access it from underneath - it could be a tad easier with the cross-member removed. With the rack, shocks and control arms gone then its quite small. See pics note that is a 300ml drink bottle (ignore references to R18 gearbox)

All the best

Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R10 Wrecking Today.-img_0018.jpg   R10 Wrecking Today.-img_0015.jpg   R10 Wrecking Today.-img_0014.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Exfrogger View Post
    Hi Geoff

It is the front crossmember I'm after. The simplest wat to get it out is to cut thru the chassis rails in front and behind. There's a flimsy bracket on the driver's side that has to be freed too.

The steering rack, controll arms and shocks mount to it.

If you're cutting the boot gutter out for Alpinesau - and if you choose to access it from underneath - it could be a tad easier with the cross-member removed. With the rack, shocks and control arms gone then its quite small. See pics note that is a 300ml drink bottle (ignore references to R18 gearbox)

All the best

Peter

Geoff,

We often just cut through the chassis rail and steering colum and drop the whole front end on the floor with the wishbones, springs and shockers all still connected then dismantle it. Use an oxy, angle grinder or power hacksaw. We have one you could use on the weekend if you'd like.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Default Cutting up the 10

Cutting up the car:
    Thank you everyone for your interest in cutting up the ten for body/structural parts. Look this is way out of my league and I'm not interested in messing about. If anyone wants to pay me scrap metal price $100 bucks and take it away that's fine. I'm even okay if you want to come and cut it up on the property. You would need to do it in the next week and a half.
    But I'm not a butcher so I can't workout all the various cuts you are after.

Regards
    Geoff

Geoff,
    Subject to the final photo being OK, I will organise to fly over to cut out my bit. Can you email me with the days/times that you will be available?

Thanks,

Robert
    1970 R8 Gordini R1135
    2005 Megane 225 Cup
    2008 Clio X85 Cup Racer
    2015 Koleos Expression

Quote Originally Posted by Brianbcs View Post
    Geoff,
    Hi: Upper door trim is in fine condition. Do want to come and take it off?

Thread Information