French motoring history at Melb GP
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default French motoring history at Melb GP

Hi all

Our club social secretary, Lisa, has pointed out that some French motoring history will be on display at the next Melbourne GP - see http://www.grandprix.com.au/event/on...demonstration/. It says "The glory days of French Motorsport will be revived and on display with the Shannons Historic Demonstration. Up to 60 historic cars with a French motorsport flavour will be on track, taking fans back to a classic era. After watching their motoring prowess on-track, spectators will be able to get up close and personal to these vintage roadsters in the Shannons Historic Demonstration support paddock."

Does anyone in Victoria know who and what cars will be involved? Might make it very worthwhile to atten this year apart from see the new Renault powered teams.

Advertisement

Cheers

Bazzamac

Default Grand Prix

Hey Bazzamac,

I do know of one Alpine that will be involved in some sort of track event at the AGP but not sure of any others.
    However the RCCV has 15 spots for a display near the Fangio stand and now the Round Up is over we are working on filling it with interesting vehicles.
    The cars will be there for all four days and it is a static display. It was originally being organised by the GP Corp but they have now handed it over to CAMS who are promoting it as a snapshot of Victorian Club level motorsport and as a chance to promote the clubs. A big step forward.

Cheers...Paul
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

I think you'd have three red Florides and a Caravelle lineing up to get Webber in the back of our cars to do a lap as below.
    PS. Can you arrange it?
    Last edited by 63-1092; 22nd February 2011 at 02:48 AM.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Thread Information