unofficial pics of the round up
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default unofficial pics of the round up

just some of my pics from the day.

Nice to meet some new faces. sorry had to leave early. Young guy was worn out from the early start.

Great range of cars and very well organised event. Congrats to all who contributed to the running of the day !

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unofficial pics of the round up-photo-5.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-photo-4.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-photo-3.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-photo-2.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-photo-1.jpg  
    Rick
    Geelong Vic
    2012 Koleos Dynamique - Family Wagon

PAST:
    Clio RS172 .... Silver - Damn strong car !
    10 Fluence Privilege Sedan Black
    07 RS225 3 door - Monako Blue
    07 Megane Privilege Sedan Black
    Chevrolet Corvette- red of course
    Nissan Skyline GTS turbo - fantastic machine
    Alfa Romeo 33 Quattro Wagon -ebayed for profit!

Thanks for coming! Didn't bother taking my camera as I've not had time in the past few events to take pictures anyway!
    Any more takers with photos?

Fruit images shown are illustrative of flavour only and are not ingredients of the product.

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day,

got a few in the can.

Instead of me shrinking them all though is there an AF spot I can upload them to "as is" then management can mix and match as they see fit ?

Also more useful as biggies I would have thought, I'm not worried about the RCCV using them if they want to.

Fantastic job mate, well arranged. You should have had a sausage sizzle going though, would have made a packet....

cheers,
    Bob

I have some pic's I will post tomorrow.
    I agree with the sausage sizzle. would have been good with the money going back to the club instead of KFC.
    Michael
    now Renault-less

1995 Ford Futura V8
    2011 Ssangyong Korando

previous cars;
    81 Sno White R20TS S1
    72 Flame Orange r12 GL sedan
    78 Azure Blue Virage wagon
    75 ghost gum R16 ts
    74 Track blue r12 wagon
    74 Ghost Gum r12 wagon

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

RCCV Renault Round Up today in Melbourne,
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Default More pics from round up

another batch. sorry about overlap.
    Keith
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unofficial pics of the round up-p2200604.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-p2200605.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-p2200608.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-p2200609.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-p2200612.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-p2200613.jpg  

unofficial pics of the round up-p2200616.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-p2200623.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-p2200628.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-p2200633.jpg  

Default More pics from round up- pt 2

didn't have the skills to do this in one hit! Keith
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unofficial pics of the round up-p2200636.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-p2200637.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-p2200638.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-p2200640.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-p2200641.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-p2200642.jpg  

unofficial pics of the round up-p2200647.jpg   unofficial pics of the round up-p2200650.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by viragewagonman View Post
    I have some pic's I will post tomorrow.
    I agree with the sausage sizzle. would have been good with the money going back to the club instead of KFC.

Knowing how well the commitee worked and thought the day out I'm sure a sausage sizzle would have been discused but probably were not allowed because of all the food outlets in the area.

Anyway Gabriel Gate was cooking on the club BBQ, you should have grabbed a plate and lined up.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post

Anyway Gabriel Gate was cooking on the club BBQ, you should have grabbed a plate and lined up.

Gabriel did have some help to, Christophe my son, got up there and gave it a go, which was pretty good for a eight year old, not that his sister Chanel could let him take all the stage for himself (typical female).
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Knowing how well the commitee worked and thought the day out I'm sure a sausage sizzle would have been discused but probably were not allowed because of all the food outlets in the area.

Bingo. The crepes were fantastic!

I reckon these A110s would have to be one of the sexiest cars ever produced, and they can go a bit too.
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

Graham, end of the day it wasn't a Alpine but a 1960 Floride convertable that won the major prize for the day. It put my Floride coupe to shame and was a very lovely restored example and well deserved winner.

John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Shamelessly stolen from OzRenaultSport

Quote Originally Posted by 63-1092 View Post
    Graham, end of the day it wasn't a Alpine but a 1960 Floride convertable that won the major prize for the day. It put my Floride coupe to shame and was a very lovely restored example and well deserved winner.

Excellent........go the mighty Floride.

I hope to get mine up to a similar standard but I'm not giving up my disc brakes, 4 speed box and bigger motor for any trophy. As stated elswhere, my Floride will never be a concourse winner but I like her just the same.
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post

I hope to get mine up to a similar standard but I'm not giving up my disc brakes, 4 speed box and bigger motor for any trophy. As stated elswhere, my Floride will never be a concourse winner but I like her just the same.
    Hopefully we'll see it at the Brisbane Grand Display of French Cars (regardless of condition).
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by 2353 View Post
    Hopefully we'll see it at the Brisbane Grand Display of French Cars (regardless of condition).

Is that on Bastille day?? If so, count me in, I have been promising myself an appearance for years.

Didnt know he was giving any out!! Not a criticism just though it would have been a good fundraiser! Didnt think of the food outlet thing.
    Michael
    now Renault-less

1995 Ford Futura V8
    2011 Ssangyong Korando

previous cars;
    81 Sno White R20TS S1
    72 Flame Orange r12 GL sedan
    78 Azure Blue Virage wagon
    75 ghost gum R16 ts
    74 Track blue r12 wagon
    74 Ghost Gum r12 wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post

The car was far from being original, like your own, it had R10 motor, running gear so on, i could of picked easily twenty things not original, not that it should take away the fact it was a lovely car and deservent winner.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

The car was far from being original, like your own, it had R10 motor, running gear so on, i could of picked easily twenty things not original, not that it should take away the fact it was a lovely car and deservent winner.
    I was a judge and originallity had nothing to do with anything. everything was out of 10, paint, panel fit, lenses, chrome, neatness of wiring around the engine, seats, carpets. Nothing to do with what engine goes with what.

The R8G won best Gordini/Alpine. Peter and I were the sole judges and we are both 12G enthusiasts and we've both done full resto's on 12G's and it was so hard for us to mark the R8G higher but we had to be fair. I think in the end the 8 won by 2 pionts We so wanted the 12 to win.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

I was a judge and originallity had nothing to do with anything. everything was out of 10, paint, panel fit, lenses, chrome, neatness of wiring around the engine, seats, carpets. Nothing to do with what engine goes with what.

The R8G won best Gordini/Alpine. Peter and I were the sole judges and we are both 12G enthusiasts and we've both done full resto's on 12G's and it was so hard for us to mark the R8G higher but we had to be fair. I think in the end the 8 won by 2 pionts We so wanted the 12 to win.

I guess if old cars were judged purely on originality and completeness the field would be a really narrow one indeed, and not much fun for the majority of enthusiasts. I do appreciate the above judging criteria (paint, panel fit, lenses, chrome, neatness of wiring around the engine, seats, carpets) which are the same points I look for in an old car.

Anyone who is fixing, or has fixed up an old car will know that it is really a work in progress and the job is never really done.

Is there ever anything like this in little old Adelaide - I so wish. A smorgasbord of excellent Renaults ! I'm very green, would have loved to see the show.
    cheers,

John

A bit late, but mine took a day to process them as they were all panoramas.

Bowing to peer pressure, I've uploaded them to facebook as most of them would be unrecognizable sized below 100k.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&l=e72864bf43

The thumbs attached: