R8 Progress at last
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default R8 Progress at last

So I promissed some pics of the rebuild.
    4 was when I was busy reassembling the suspension.
    3 just after it got back on its wheels and the slanted radiator can be seen sticking out
    1 is where I started molding the sides to fit the custom made scoop Brake and petrol hoses sticking out all over the place.
    2 is with the engine compartment sprayed

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R8 Progress at last-img_1.jpg   R8 Progress at last-img_2.jpg   R8 Progress at last-img_3.jpg   R8 Progress at last-img_4.jpg  

Knockout stuff! Judging by what you've done so far, it's certainly going to look the part. I've never seen red suspension on an R8 or R10, but it looks good and will make it much easier to work on than if it stayed black. I'll follow your progress with great interest, so good luck, and keep the pics coming as things happen.

Fellow Frogger!

Posted some pictures of the newly fitted angel eye headlights http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/sho...431#post967431

That looks like one wicked ride!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

Very nice indeed and a lot of work done. Are you going to race the car? or just street rocket. I am only thinking about roadholding. The weight distribution can be improved a bit by mounting the tank in front.

Any pictures of the engine?

Regards
    Frans.
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

Default R8

That was exactly what I was thinking, when I saw the red painted tank pictured there. I noticed when hillclimbing that I would have loved better weight distribution (the front was very floaty!)
    I note ebay sells fuel cells for a very reasonable price, which can easily be mounted in the front.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RACE-POLI...item19c67a3405

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Frans,

Thinking of using mainly the front tank for gas. Rear looks a bit dodgy as I had to braze a lot of holes. One never knows when the next one pops up.
    Was thinking of using the car for mainly street rocket and the occasional air field drag strip. Don't think I will be allowed racing in the vintage class with the turbo though.

Engine pics will be later in the installment. For now I'm busy with the rear seat and sound installation as speed needs sound as well....

Want to incorporate the wiring to the soundsystem with the total wiring on the car so there is still a lot of work to be done.

Will keep posting pics as I go along. Only hastle cuurently found is that the split bushes in the doors need to be replaced and the 8mm ones are too thick and 7mm is non existent.

Thread Information