Renos for Africa in Africa
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Renos for Africa in Africa

Default Renos for Africa in Africa

This is a re-thread of the old one before the crash. They belong to my good friend Jimmy in S Africa and I am sure the pictures will be enjoyed and admired by many of us.

Regards,
    Frans

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renos for Africa in Africa-5t1.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-5t2.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-5t.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-bv6.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-clio-v6-2.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-estafette1.jpg  

Renos for Africa in Africa-estafette.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-img_estaf-2-.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-img_estaf.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-img_estaf-1-.jpg  
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

Default Continued....

And this is a continuation of above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renos for Africa in Africa-febouting-3-.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-img_glenn1-1-.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-img_glenn1-2-.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-img_glenn1-3-.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-megane.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-r8b.jpg  

Renos for Africa in Africa-r8c.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-r8d.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-r8a.jpg  

Default continued...

A few more Renos and take note of the brand new G head that is now available somewhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renos for Africa in Africa-spider1.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-spider2.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-new-head.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-new-r10-5-.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-new-r10-4-.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-new-r10-2-.jpg  

Renos for Africa in Africa-new-r10-1-.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-pict0072.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-clio-sport1.jpg  

love the van!!
    Michael
    now Renault-less

1995 Ford Futura V8
    2011 Ssangyong Korando

previous cars;
    81 Sno White R20TS S1
    72 Flame Orange r12 GL sedan
    78 Azure Blue Virage wagon
    75 ghost gum R16 ts
    74 Track blue r12 wagon
    74 Ghost Gum r12 wagon

Fellow Frogger!

Van is very cool indeed, but just look at the rear of the Turbo 5. It's an impressive yet fearsome sight!

1000+ Posts

What a great collection.

Nice collection indeed.

Frans, the R8 1100 instruments are interesting, any info?
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY View Post
    Nice collection indeed.

Frans, the R8 1100 instruments are interesting, any info?
    HKP,

In S Africe the last of the R8's came out with that dash and as far as I can remember that will be a 1968 model.

I noticed the opposite in NZ because my race car is a 1966 R8 and it has a R10 dash in. So I guess it varied from assembly lines in different countries.

I will attach more pictures as time goes on because he has a R12, R4 and 2 x 16TS that is still being restored. He has 1 of 2 Alpine A110 that was assembled as right hand drives as well. There is a bit of history about this car and I think he should elaborate on it. I will post the pictures later. It is under restoration as well.

Regards
    Frans.
    Last edited by Frans; 11th February 2011 at 08:55 AM.

OIC, I think now I remember seeing that dash layout in an interEurope workshop manual for the 8/10?
    R8S comes to mind. I'd have to find the book and have a look.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Default Update time.

Here are some more pictures of his A110. It is the only factory right hand drive in the world. There was a story of a possible 2 but that thought has been put to bed and we have positive info about that.

Then there are some pictures of his latest toy. It is a 3 liter turbo and right hand drive originally from England. I do not have any additional info on the car yet.

Regards
    Frans.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renos for Africa in Africa-a110-1-.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-a110-2-.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-alpine1.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-alpine.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-a110-6-.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-a110-4-.jpg  

Renos for Africa in Africa-alpine-1998-no-2.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-alpine-1998-no-3.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-a610.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-a6101.jpg  

Default Another update

Sorry, this is his latest acquisition. I forgot about it, but then it isn't a classic yet.

I'm only jealous.

Regards
    Frans.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renos for Africa in Africa-meggordini.jpg  

Default And another.

HarryA sent me some more that he took when visiting last year.

They are waiting restoration.

And one where they were stretching the Clio's legs a bit at 220kmh.

Regards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renos for Africa in Africa-sa-050.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-sa-056.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-sa-2010-199.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-sa-065.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-sa-052.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-sa-010.jpg  

Great thread Frans, that blue and white R4 van is cool !!
    cheers,

John

Great 5 Turbo, the best spec in the best colour. A nice reminder of the same car that appeared at the Adelaide motor show on the Renault stand way back when.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Hi All,

This is updating an old thread found in the archives with a few recent photos from Jimmy where he is getting busy on his R10 and another G waiting to be assembled. The motor is from an R5 Alpine and is about to be started. The only shortcoming is the dizzy and he told me a few minutes ago that he got it back with an electronic module to be fitted. It might just do a test run today (SA time).

There might be more to come.

Regards
    Frans.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Renos for Africa in Africa-img_0284.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-img_0282.jpg   Renos for Africa in Africa-img_0283.jpg  

1000+ Posts

All a matter of personal taste of course but, although I like modified 4CVs (mine included), A110s, R8s (G or normale-ish), Djets & so on, there is just something especially appealing about a modified Dauphine.

The standard shape is, to my eye, the prettiest thing Renault has done to date but is even better after judicious fiddling (e.g. Ross's yellow beastie).

Were my 4CVG to die (but I were to survive that event moderately intact) I would rebuild but, although I would make no change whatsoever to the mechanical specification, the body would be a Dauphine.

chacun a son gout, Peter

I tend to agree with Peter.

A tastefully customised Dauphine with R8/10 suspension & running gear and a nice set of wheels and tyres really appeals to me.

Henry
    When I find my feet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'll know where I stand!

Thread Information