MR211 Fuego body repairs
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default MR211 Fuego body repairs

Does anyone have the workshop manual MR 211 that shows how to replace the inner front guard on a Fuego? Result of rear ending someone and taking out the RHS headlight, guard and bonnet etc of my Fuego that had only just been fully resprayed. Thought our club had one but no, so my thinking is someone at aussiefrogs might have.

bazzamac

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bazzamac View Post
    Does anyone have the workshop manual MR 211 that shows how to replace the inner front guard on a Fuego? Result of rear ending someone and taking out the RHS headlight, guard and bonnet etc of my Fuego that had only just been fully resprayed. Thought our club had one but no, so my thinking is someone at aussiefrogs might have.

bazzamac
    Barry

Haven't got the MR 211, but have got the MR 219 issued January 1980 that deals with bodywork of the Fuego R1360 -R1362 -R1368 (US ?) seems to deal with all bodywork including removal of wings and illustrations are similar to our bodywork.

I haven't seen an MR 211, but that doesn't mean anything!!

Perhaps someone here as an electronic copy of either the MR 211 or the MR 219.

I don't have access to photocopying or scanning at the moment.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego View Post
    Barry

Haven't got the MR 211, but have got the MR 219 issued January 1980 that deals with bodywork

Ken
    I've got 219, but it doesn't deal with inner guard, just the outer and does no go into detail of how to unpick the front.

I've also got a perfect nude white totaly stripped shell if you want to experiment or remove a good panel.

Jo

1000+ Posts

Default Inner guard component panels shown ( Page S5)..

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    I've got 219, but it doesn't deal with inner guard, just the outer and does no go into detail of how to unpick the front.

I've also got a perfect nude white totaly stripped shell if you want to experiment or remove a good panel.

Jo
    Jo

Page S5 has a schematic with the component panels and advice re unpicking welds - should be pretty obvious and simple to work out. There are also basic dimensions for tramel work to get the welded in panels in register with each other.

I also have a "Boyces" Manual of Unibody Frame and Dimensions for the Fuego R 1363 if Bazz might need that, I have a two colour reduced to A4 page copy also, but my scanners computer is cactus.

Inside the R219 manual there is also an IS note for fitting a modified subframe to accomodate new style engine mounts. (all types shown)

Not world shattering in detail, but they do give a reasonable guide, helpful to a repairer.

Ken

I just walked past a nude wreck and had a look at what is involved.

If its just the front 1/4, easy peasy, you wont even need the book, but if its the rear 1/4 including the strut tower

I wonder if it would be easier to replace the entire front end including the chasis rails rather than just do one half??

Jo

Psss, is this what you are after???
    Page 130ish

http://en.calameo.com/read/000022320d5ac934380bb

Jo

1000+ Posts

Default You learbn something every day!! Good site Jo

Seeing that was produced for the R18 more than likely there is a similar one specific for the Fuego. I'd like to get hold on one of those.

A browse through reveals a lot of additional information - steering stuff for our Fuego would be handy too among other things.

I have seen the R18 one on UK Ebay, but a long time ago - never seen a Fuego one!!

Good site Jo

Ken

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day,

in mr219 it talks about the front bits on page s35, but refers you to mr211 just as it gets interesting.

mr211 is here, in English even, if particular pages are required ?

Boyce page attached. We took pix ages ago Ken.

cheers,
    Bob
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego View Post
    Good site Jo

Ken
    I lost hours in there today. Soooo much technical info.

Jo

Tadpole

Hi Bazzamac,

I have an MR211 1978 manual if you still need it? It says its for the Renault 18, R1340-R1341 - which pages do you need - I could copy for you if you still need it?

Fellow Frogger!

Hi auusiefroggers

You guys are amazing. So much info and help.

I managed to locate a copy of MR211 and while it specifically covers the R18, its front end is similar to the Fuego. The difficulty I had was in locating the spot welds (game of spot the weld) particularly on the inner guard but have done so OK after carefully looking and progressively prising off the damaged parts. The Renault factory makes the welds so neat and makes them a bit difficult to locate by eye. In the end it was quite easy so now just waiting on the relevant bits from some mates closer to Canberra - appreciate the offer tho Jo and will take it up if they do not deliver. Have all the other relevant bits to fit like spare front bumper, rad, A/C compressor, RHS front guard, bumper holder altho am after two headlights in good nick - ie have side and upper supports intact.

bazzamac

Thread Information