Daimond Plate Identification
  • Help

Default Daimond Plate Identification

Does anyone know whether a register exists for all the Renaults that were manufactured in Australia?
    I have tried Renault Aust, but they say that do not have these records any longer.
    Can anyone help?

Advertisement

I think the simple answer is NO, there is not.
    The closest we would have would be Rob Lee's R8 Gordini register. I'd doubt anyone would have an R8 register or a register of most other renault's.

Technically of course, the R8G's weren't made in Australia : )
    KB
    KB

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

I wanna know why in Unique Cars aussie built cars guide they never have Reno.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by R8 Dream View Post
    Does anyone know whether a register exists for all the Renaults that were manufactured in Australia?
    I have tried Renault Aust, but they say that do not have these records any longer.
    Can anyone help?
    Where's Simon, he's sure to have list at his fingertips
    Those people that say I know - generally don't.

Simon...........SOS?

Do you just mean a list of which models were assembled or made in Australia, or an actual register of individual cars?

Although there are some factual errors in it, the best place to start for the former is the book "Renault in Australia" by Tony and Pedr Davis which covers from the first cars like fregates and 750's through to around the R21/25 from memory.
    KB

Ps - for those that are wondering why don't "renault" have these records, you have to remember that Renault in Australia went through several company incarnations and ownership changes over the years that they were importing or assembling cars and moved between Melbourne and Sydney several times. Effectively, there were a number of separate companies involved over the years. Some paperwork was transferred at times, at others it was scrapped as being thought a waste of storage space or no longer needed if renault was no longer going to be active in Oz at that time.
    Last edited by renault8&10; 9th February 2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Renault company history
    KB

Send Rod Slater a PM, he was closely involved with Renault for many years from those days onwards. He may have records or some personal info.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    D

Although there are some factual errors in it, the best place to start for the former is the book "Renault in Australia" by Tony and Pedr Davis which covers from the first cars like fregates and 750's through to around the R21/25 from memory.
    KB
    that would no doubt be the same tony davis, author of the scandalous article about the R4, and which was getting some AF members hot enough under the collar to write complaint letters to The Times, Julia Gillard and the ICJ?

Thread Information