Renault 25 dash
  • Help

Thread: Renault 25 dash

Default Renault 25 dash

Hi- I'm sure this topic has been talked about before, but I can't be bothered to search through all the earlier threads!! I have recently purchased a 1991 Renault 25 TXE. (I now own 2!) Despite having only 25,000 miles on the clock, the dashboard clock and outside air temp displays are not working - the temp reads 37 degrees, even when it's minus 10 outside, and the clock is stuck on 9:37. Anyone got any thoughts on this - is the problem likely to be with the display, or the senders, and can it be fixed?

Advertisement

Cheers.

I'm thinking the culprit is likely to be the display, connections oxidise. The temp sensor can be measured for resistance at different temperatures.

Does your R25 have an inbuilt radio, or was that optional on the TXE?
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

It did have the Philips radio casette with the graphic equaliser, but it has been removed at some time in it's life. It will be having a modern digital radio fitted fairly shortly.

Thread Information