Too bad they don't sell overseas.

Looks good, I added them to favorites
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Damm, the alternator looks the goods and at about $70 {rough conversion} is a good buy. I wonder what shipping cost would be like.

Exc rate for interest is $1 buys about $3.19lei

Wow, talk about extensive range...right down to starter armatures. Have seen brushes and solenoids for starters but neevr seperate rebuild parts that detailed.
    Last edited by HONG KONG PUGGY; 5th February 2011 at 01:13 PM.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY View Post
    Damm, the alternator looks the goods and at about $70 {rough conversion} is a good buy. I wonder what shipping cost would be like.

Exc rate for interest is $1 buys about $3.19lei

Wow, talk about extensive range...right down to starter armatures. Have seen brushes and solenoids for starters but neevr seperate rebuild parts that detailed.

How about Bilstein front and rear shocks. If these were OK it would certainly be a good option rather than trying to find a pair of 30 year old koni's.

Fellow Frogger!

Default R12

What we need is someone on the forum who has a friend/relative in Romania. That person could re-send the items to us. And presumably add a margin for their time.

BTW There is a Euro button, which may make life easier for some.

Mmmm!

Cheers,

David

HKP not only brushes, but you can buy the diodes separately too! On the other hand, go to any auto electircian shop here and if they're nice and let you have a rummage through their millions of boxes, you're bound to find something that'll go straight in. I have managed to do it a number of times, and have even found the diodes to repair my bridge on an old Toyota (although now I wonder who in their right mind would repair the bridge on a 1981 Liteace and why for God's sake?).

I am in the process of setting up a connection in Romania. I have managed in the past to get a pair of short driveshafts made by GKN (Glaenzer-Spicer) from them. Very nice pieces of kit, but they cost me about 300 Euro, IIRC. They're good though if you want to convert to a 395 g'box or similar.

Bear it with me and maybe we'll set something up.

I think Dave Cavanagh might be able to help if they find it profitable to get in touch with one of the major distributors in Europe and bring here some of that stuff. I know that my driveshafts came out of a warehouse the distributor has in Budapest, Hungary, and I found the listing on GKN's UK site, so there has to be other ways to skin this cat.

Those Bilstein shocks are made in Turkey and are easy to find anywhere in Romania, I am told.

The bit that interests me the most though is the 5speed g'box final drive/crown pair listed there. I have already bought a set and brought it here, but that turned out to be a 395 model, even though I am told they are for the 365 'box used on Dacias. I have a suspicion then, that those listed on the shop site are the 395 model too, but in any case, it's interesting to know they can be bought new. I have also noticed they have pinions and synchros. Now who wants to go set up shop in Romania and export here?
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 5th February 2011 at 07:11 PM.

Thread Information