What projects have you got for 2011 ?
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Fellow Frogger!

Default What projects have you got for 2011 ?

G/DAY ALL,
    Just thought i would ask the question and se what comes of if, If i can work out how to post some pics i'll start with mine and see what everyone else is up to, The green R10 will hopefully be registered tomorrow for Amanda my second daughter to drive around in until i get the white one without front panels repaired and repainted for her (Skippy picked on her one night coming from town ), My plans are to fit a set of R12 steel sports wheel centres into a set of reversed 5 inch rims for a bit of a different look than just plain wide 13" wheels.
    Once the white one is repainted and reregistered her boyfriend want's to buy the green one.

jPEG'S FAILED I NEED A KID!!!

Advertisement

Well seeing i can't show i'll have to tell, The green car is a dark green (not lemans) 1970 R10 with a set 5"x13" steel wheels Body's not bad, paints a bit rough, Standard mechanicals.I replaced all bar the solid brakelines in the brakes put in new upper control arm bushes , The kids gave it a wash and polish and it went and passed the rego check.
    The white one is a1968 R10 that we got off of kim slattery at tamworth, As i mentioned earlier skippy attacked her on night pushed the boot lid up onto the wipers and the front panel inside the right headlight and above the bumper bar back about 8".
    Not being confidant enough with my abillity to repair the bootlid i took it down to my 88 year old dad in coffs harbour to do and he did a great job, I however had a go at the front panel pushing it out to cose to were it should be with a porter power and then i removed the inner frame and started panel beating the panel after which i re welded the frame back in added a little bit of filler and now its in undercoat.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Peter,

The R8G Turbo project is now a year in the making. All bits sanded down and basic undercoated.
    Suspension and underside completely redone. Hopefully putting on colour will not take another year although with the amount of rain we are getting it slows down rebuilding considerably.

COL

Default 2011 & Beyond Projects

Hi All

I have 3 car projects in various stages of non-completion.

No1. 1973 R12 Wagon total rebuild from the ground up. R17 motor with injection, Delco computer running Kalmaker software, R18/Feugo 5 speed gear box, Disc brake rear end, R17 brakes up front, Selby competion stabiliser bars, etc etc

No2. My Alpine A110 as seen in my avatar needs many small jobs doing

No3. 1976 R12 wagon as seen in pics below. has R17 motor, 4 speed gearbox, R17 stabiliser bars
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What projects have you got for 2011 ?-dscf5191.jpg   What projects have you got for 2011 ?-dscf5195.jpg   What projects have you got for 2011 ?-dscf5200.jpg  
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Fellow Frogger!

Tljakes , I know the feeling the white car for Amanda was going to be back to bare metal and painted over Christmas but the dreaded rain got us too. Col I like the green wagon Could you tell me is the water pump at the timing cover end or flywheel end as i have a r18 gts motor here with a cross flow head on it and i don't know what its off.
    Cheers Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J Kent View Post

[...]

My plans are to fit a set of R12 steel sports wheel centres into a set of reversed 5 inch rims for a bit of a different look than just plain wide 13" wheels.
    Once the white one is repainted and reregistered her boyfriend want's to buy the green one.

Well seeing i can't show i'll have to tell, The green car is a dark green (not lemans) 1970 R10 with a set 5"x13" steel wheels

[...]
    How did you manage to fit 13'' rims over the discs of the R10? I didn't think they would fit.

My project for this year is to keep driving the old 12GL wagon until the panels fall off it which can be any day from now.

Default Full body resto.

The main project for 2011 is a complete body restoration on my Renault Floride, She is in pretty good nick at first glance but needs some help.

There have been some less than flattering rust repairs done by the previous owner, he used some kind of urethane based trowel on rust filler in the floor and while it would probably pass a roadworthy inspection it just looks tacky and has to go. These areas will be properly plated and welded.

The lead has shifted where the body panels meet and will need to be redone.

There are also some stress fractures in the inner guards that need help.

And last of all the passenger side door has an uneven gap from a previous collission repair, I intend to weld a wire down the edge of the door to improve the gap and lead it up.

The whole car will be dismantled and paint stripped and put on the rotisserie I am building, so every nook and cranny can have some love and attention.

Pics will be posted of this marathon job for those who are interested.

Cheers Graham
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What projects have you got for 2011 ?-lease-007.jpg  
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

pur-john, not pew-john! peujohn's Avatar

Col. that green wagon looks great and the other wagon project sounds fantastic! Should make a great little hauler.

Can I post my project here too? Not sure if you chaps venture over into the Pug forum to see what we're up to...

I'm putting a 505 GTI engine into my 504. 35% power upgrade, 96hp to 130hp! Can't wait. I've already started this project, the engine is out of the 505 and I'm collecting and preparing parts ready for fitment to the 504. The engine will be mostly standard at this stage but for a lightened flywheel. I will use the standard computer and possibly upgrade to Megasquirt later, depending on how the car goes. The 504 already has upgraded suspension and power steering so it'll be a true GTI when it's all done.
    John W

1979 Peugeot 504 GTI 2.2 litre 5 speed - 72 kW at the wheels

1974 Peugeot 504 TI
    - now on the road

2009 Peugeot 407 HDI wagon - family car

Previous: 2005 407 HDI manual sedan, 1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16, 1977 504 GL Special, 1984 505 SRD Turbo

COL

Default Water Pump

Col I like the green wagon Could you tell me is the water pump at the timing cover end or flywheel end as i have a r18 gts motor here with a cross flow head on it and i don't know what its off.
    Cheers Peter.
    Hi Peter

The water pump is at the fly wheel end, its from a R16.

The engine is a bit of a mix and match affair. The bock and head are R17TL. The liners; pistons; con rods; fly wheel & clutch are from my R16 race car (i used then cause they are ballanced)

Also thanks for the compliments on the wagon peter and peujohn.

Its good to see all the projects that people are doing and the different ideas to solve the problems that we seem to run into
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

Fellow Frogger!

G/DAY ALL,
    Thanks Col The head on this R18 GTS engine is still a mystery as the water pump is on the timing cover end,
    Schlitzaugen the 13" wheels on the green car use machined down R10 centres and you have to take some of the outside corners off of the cooling fins on the front brake calipers

1000+ Posts

If you want to read about each and every hammer blow on my R17 and other projects check here. But be warned there is quite a few pages.

R17.

http://renaultinaus.17.forumer.com/v...er=asc&start=0

If you prefer my R12G replica project check here.

http://renaultinaus.17.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=121

Then there is my Floride S.

http://renaultinaus.17.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=152

Then there's my R15 Auto.

http://renaultinaus.17.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=115

what an idiot all those projects and none completed.

Oh and I have since started a 4CV.

http://renaultinaus.17.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=481

Perhaps I should stop there.

1000+ Posts

13 inch rims are certainly possible on an R10 etc. My son has them on his but I am not sure what or how. I will check for you one day as it doesn't live here often.

COL

G/DAY ALL,
    Thanks Col The head on this R18 GTS engine is still a mystery as the water pump is on the timing cover
    Peter

My alpine has an engine like you describe, I think the engine is from an R18 GTX which we never got here.

Its a good engine for the Alpine A110 cause it makes getting at the ancillaries very easy
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

Hi All,
    I have a few lined up at the moment and if all goes to plan this is how it will start.

1) I have to complete the big brakes on my race car.
    2) Then I need to fail back to the original rings in the race car engine because the thin rings didn't work
    3) Then I want to build at least 2 gearboxes with 16TS internals in them.
    4) Then I would like to put a 16TS engine together for Ross for his racing Dauphine.
    5) Then I hope the Matra will be here as well and I would try and fit this restoration in between the above items, but it will be a longer term project.

All the above, except item 2 will be nice jobs and I am looking forward to it.

Regards
    Frans.

And I have to go on holiday in March but it will only be for a week.
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

I hope to finish my 79 Renault 20 this year. almost ready for paint!
    Thats it in my sic pic.
    Michael
    now Renault-less

1995 Ford Futura V8
    2011 Ssangyong Korando

previous cars;
    81 Sno White R20TS S1
    72 Flame Orange r12 GL sedan
    78 Azure Blue Virage wagon
    75 ghost gum R16 ts
    74 Track blue r12 wagon
    74 Ghost Gum r12 wagon

G'day

New longitudinals / rear chassis rails coming frOm turkey

New complete rear axle and torsion bars coming from Yorkshire

Mother coming from Lancashire for the whole of march

Best mate coming in October for my 40th

Hopefully all will arrive safely and I should be picking up Jeffers from airport in the Williams

I simply can't stand another 2 years off road.

Might blag the old queen to pack some arch liners
    Jeffers is bringing front shocks but he doesn't know that yet

Default finishing touches

Restoration started in 2007 and this year I'm looking forward to have the 10 on the road.

To Do:
    Reassemble front doors and fit.
    Fit reupholstered black seats.
    Adjust brakes.
    Registration provided it passes the inspection test .

Cheers,
    John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What projects have you got for 2011 ?-painted.jpg   What projects have you got for 2011 ?-rhdoors.jpg   What projects have you got for 2011 ?-dash.jpg  

bob
    1000+ Posts

Default Retirement....

G'day,

yes sir, retirement, down to the ces to check out whether or nay I qualify for any old farts privileges - like return of some of the taxes I've paid for for the last nearly fifty years

cheers,
    Bob

Fellow Frogger!

Default R8 project

G'Day everyone, I have an R8/Gordini which I've bought back after 20 odd years.It has been well looked after by the guy I sold it to and is still driveable but not registered.It currently has a 1.4 with 45 dcoe,extractors e.t.c. It still has the twin shock rear end ,Twin headlight front,quick rack and is probably about as close to a genuine Gordini as you will find. I have just purchased an R5 Alpine head ,piston kit,rods and all the other good bits from Steve Swan in Scotland as well as the bits for the R16 gearbox internals,also got the big uni's from him.Still need a R16 donor gearbox if anyone has one kicking around.Have also ordered a set of Alpine replica 13" alloys from Image wheels in the UK.Next trick is to get her registered and then take it off the road and start the full restoration process .I also would like to know how to post pics,any help here? Brian,Victoria.

Brian,
    Most of the problem people have with the manage attachments section are photos that are too large or trying to post too many of them; or filename issues. On some forums, you also need to have a minimum number of posts before you can add photos and I think AF is the same (5-10 posts?).

I usually use a program where you can alter the resolution of the photo or the size (or both). You don't need photoshop for that, but a slimmed down photo editing software of a similar nature. Instead of having it at 200+ dpi, I normally make them 100dpi, then if still too big, reduce the size by altering the number of pixels. Once your photo(s) are of suitable size, upload them using the "manage attachments" section that comes up at the bottom of the page when you are in "edit" mode (ie creating a post).
    KB
    KB

Nothing car related but i do intend to complete a diving course and start scuba diving in Sydney.

Great thread - really good to see what people are doing.

I'm aiming to finish my R17ts resto. Its been going for 18 months and I think it will be finished by this Xmas. I owned this car in the mid 80's, then it was bought by RCCV prez, Paul and as we both loved it we both thought of it as "my car". Unfortunately it then sat around in yards for over 20 years, getting rusty and losing lots of its parts until I came across it and bought it early last year.

Being restored to the specifications I would have had in the 80's if I'd had the knowledge and money then. Little bit more power, improved suspension, bigger brakes, power steering, better seats, 14" or
    15" alloys and Gordini Blue paint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What projects have you got for 2011 ?-15march09-1.jpg   What projects have you got for 2011 ?-lh-side-2.jpg   What projects have you got for 2011 ?-suspension-5.jpg  

COL

Default R17TS Resto

Hi Alby

Is it possible to have a little more information on what you have done with your front suspension and hub/brake disc as shown in your 3rd attached thumb nail pics
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

I expect Kermit to touch Tassie soil on Feb 2nd.

My aim is to ensure integrity and further development in sympathy with the period while maintaining modern standards of safety.

There has been many requests for Kermits appearance but until I know his current state I cannot make any commitments.

Cheers

Fellow Frogger!

Icon7

G/DAY ALL,
    Just thought i would ask the question and se what comes of if, If i can work out how to post some pics i'll start with mine and see what everyone else is up to, The green R10 will hopefully be registered tomorrow for Amanda my second daughter to drive around in until i get the white one without front panels repaired and repainted for her (Skippy picked on her one night coming from town ), My plans are to fit a set of R12 steel sports wheel centres into a set of reversed 5 inch rims for a bit of a different look than just plain wide 13" wheels.

Well seeing i can't show i'll have to tell, The green car is a dark green (not lemans) 1970 R10 with a set 5"x13" steel wheels Body's not bad, paints a bit rough, Standard mechanicals.I replaced all bar the solid brakelines in the brakes put in new upper control arm bushes , The kids gave it a wash and polish and it went and passed the rego check.
    The white one is a1968 R10 that we got off of kim slattery at tamworth, As i mentioned earlier skippy attacked her on night pushed the boot lid up onto the wipers and the front panel inside the right headlight and above the bumper bar back about 8".
    Not being confidant enough with my abillity to repair the bootlid i took it down to my 88 year old dad in coffs harbour to do and he did a great job, I however had a go at the front panel pushing it out to cose to were it should be with a porter power and then i removed the inner frame and started panel beating the panel after which i re welded the frame back in added a little bit of filler and now its in undercoat.
    Hi Peter,

Really sorry to hear about the "skippy" incident with the white R10! I guess as long as your daughter is OK, that is the first important consideration.

Email me some pics etc if you have any.

Cheers,

K

Quote Originally Posted by COL View Post
    Hi Alby

Is it possible to have a little more information on what you have done with your front suspension and hub/brake disc as shown in your 3rd attached thumb nail pics
    Mostly the front suspension is the standard range of changes - poly bushes, 17ts/g springs, new old stock kyb gas shockers with slightly lowered spring platforms, 24mm 17g anti roll bar, negative camber bottom wishbone extenders (not yet on in the pic). Not sure how good the kyb shocks will be but have some bilsteins with adjustable platforms that need reconditioning and will probably end up on the car.

The hub/disc changes are more interesting. I was toying with going 4 stud to give more wheel choice but also wanted bigger brakes. The brakes on the car were rusted up and it seemed a waste to replace it all without going bigger at the same time. In researching this I came across Scotty Dread's threads about his heavily modified R12 competition car on the pre crash AF and contacted Scotty. He and his dad had developed a great bigger brake modification for R12's that would also suit R17's with just a small change. Scotty was very helpfull and also was able to provide some spare caliper brackets he had.

Basically the modification is as follows:

- remove the wheel studs and have the R12/17 hub machined down to the same diameter as a Fuego/R25 hub. This allows either Fuego or R25 discs to be fitted on the outside just as in those cars. The R25 is bigger at around 260mm so its the obvious one to use.

- Use 2 of the original disc mounting bolt holes and 2 new holes to place 4 new studs at 100 PCD which will suit the R25 discs and lots of other Renault and other brand wheels.

- Scotty recommended using Fuego calipers and I've followed his advice. These (and any other calipers including the standard ones) will require a very accurate and strong adaptor plate to be made to mount the calipers to the hubs.

- The Fuego calipers have different hose fittings than R12/17, so Fuego flexible hoses will need to be used and the ends of the front brake pipes replaced with ones suitable to join to Fuego hoses,

- I'm using a standard 17 master cylinder which which should work fine with these calipers but this hasn't been tested yet.

Note that for a road car these mods will need an engineering certificate and still might not get through rego in some states.

Hope that's usefull, Cheers
    Alby

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information