Where does this cable connect to?
  • Help

Default Where does this cable connect to?

Hello Folks, I am just about finished restoring my 72 R17 US model but I have a couple of cables I need to decifer location for. My wiring diagrams do not show this cable. Maybe some of you with similar cars can help me. This cable is sleeved together the cold start injector connector and the pressure sensor connector. It is the white cable and on its end there is a number marked 38. If you have a picture of its location I will be ever so greatful.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where does this cable connect to?-08102010199a.jpg  

Sorry I don't have your answer, someone else on hear i'm sure will have the information you need but any chance of more photo's of the car though ? Going by your pic of the engine bay, the quality of your resto looks fantastic !
    cheers,

John

John, you killed my hopes of an anwser. I hope someone else can help. Yes, this is a very high quality restoration. I will post pics as soon as I take a few shots.

Hi, you are looking for a single wire that comes out of the main loom across the front of the car (same loom that feed the headlights). It should be grey in colour, and have a white plastic insulator on the end of it, enabling the spade connecter on the injection wire to connect in without cause a short.

This wire feeds back to the key, and I think it has something to do with starting.

I have scans of the wiring diagrams for you, happy to send via email - can't get them small enough to post here due to the (frankly insanely small) filesize limitations.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote Originally Posted by Europa View Post
    Hi, you are looking for a single wire that comes out of the main loom across the front of the car (same loom that feed the headlights). It should be grey in colour, and have a white plastic insulator on the end of it, enabling the spade connecter on the injection wire to connect in without cause a short.

This wire feeds back to the key, and I think it has something to do with starting.

I have scans of the wiring diagrams for you, happy to send via email - can't get them small enough to post here due to the (frankly insanely small) filesize limitations.
    I would greatly appreciate the wiring diagram scan. I am not sure I understand your explanation. please mail to spanlab@entelnet.bo.

Thanx much.

Matt, could this be the wire that connects. Its the only male connector I can think off...although its a bit
    far away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where does this cable connect to?-08102010200a.jpg  

It could be the wire highlighted in the photo attached, but I would trace it back via the wiring diagram and check it first. Don't want to blow up anything expensive!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where does this cable connect to?-pic.jpg  
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

I will run a continuity check with the wire in the ignition before I plug it in.

1000+ Posts

According to Bosch After Sales Service Instructions D-Jetronic Renault R17 and Alpine 310 of 9/77 wire 38 does not exist. The last wire on the list and on the diagram is wire number 37.

Its listed on the Haynes manual as well as the OEM manual. I have found where this darned cable goes. I will post a pic for future reference.

I must say, while I can see wire 38 in the manuals, and can trace one end of it back to the ignition key, I can't see where it goes in the FI loom - I really don't know what it does!

Thread Information