Renault Laguna Alloy Wheels
  • Help

Default Renault Laguna Alloy Wheels

Dropped in to see a mate who had just put new tyres on his car. The tyre place had told him that all his wheels were very much out of round and they put the worst ones on the back. They said that the rims are very lightweight and he should consider replacement ! The car is 5 years old and has never been off a sealed road or abused. Is this a common fault with this Renault alloys, has anyone heard of this before where the wheels are effectively "too soft " ?

Advertisement

Yep, pretty common. They can be rolled round again ok though.
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Particularly so if he has 17" off a Dynamique.
    I put aftermarket wheels and tyres on for this reason. I had six rims and only two good ones. As I was after tyres as well, it was cheaper and easier to get a package from Tempe Tyres.

The wheels cost a fortune new from Renault. The 16" wheels seem to fair a little better but not much.
    KB
    KB

You wouldnt think Renault would do soft wheels. The roads in Paris are cobbled. That doesnt make sense to me.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    Particularly so if he has 17" off a Dynamique.
    I put aftermarket wheels and tyres on for this reason. I had six rims and only two good ones. As I was after tyres as well, it was cheaper and easier to get a package from Tempe Tyres.

The wheels cost a fortune new from Renault. The 16" wheels seem to fair a little better but not much.
    KB
    My mate has lost the centre cap off his Priveledge LX which has the Silverstone 17 inch wheels, you wouldn't happen to have one would you?

Peter.
    Current 2015 Clio Sport RS200 ND MX5, prev Megane Gt Line diesel hatch,Laguna 111 diesel, Lag 11 diesel,lag 11 V6,clio x2 ,Megane sedan;R10'and 12's x heaps.

1000+ Posts

Icon14 Neway wheel alloy rim repairs, Heidelberg West.

The wheels are rather soft in the rim area and prone to damage especially with the amount of pot holes around these days as the roads break up under wet weather and heavy traffic.

I have had several re-rolled successfully at a wheel re-rolling shop Neway wheel repairs 11 Beatrice avenue Heidelberg West phone 9457 3141 and most of the trade around here use them, trade price used to be about $50 per wheel and reasonably quick service.

Worth it as they remove the tyre and replace it after the re-rolling is completed and the rim bought back to pristine condition.

I paid $300 GST inclusive, trade price for a new Laguna alloy rim back in 2009 as I didn't like using the black steel spare on my car Renault part # was R8200018268.

Hope that gives some idea of the costs involved.

Note softness of a rim is far better than one that is brittle and cracks under impact with potholes (see cost structure above) Neway always says to me with a grin - see you next time mate!!

There are other places listed in the phone directory if you want to try for a better quote.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by pclio View Post
    My mate has lost the centre cap off his Priveledge LX which has the Silverstone 17 inch wheels, you wouldn't happen to have one would you?

Peter.
    Possibly, I'll have a look. I think all the wheels I have, had the centre cap intact.
    KB
    KB

Thanks for all the responses I will pass on advice to my mate. Never thought about re-rolling them but worth a try before expense of purchasing new wheels cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pclio View Post

Peter.
    In a classic case of "pay it forward" since I received my R16 rims from Melbourne today, if you PM me his address, I'll mail down one for the cost of postage.
    KB
    KB

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks, very generous of you ,when I work out how to send a Pm i will, greatly appreciated,(done!)

Peter.
    Last edited by pclio; 4th January 2011 at 10:37 PM.
    Current 2015 Clio Sport RS200 ND MX5, prev Megane Gt Line diesel hatch,Laguna 111 diesel, Lag 11 diesel,lag 11 V6,clio x2 ,Megane sedan;R10'and 12's x heaps.

Peter, these are the wheels I have.
    The centre cap is plastic, metallic silver with a "chrome" renault diamond in the centre:
    KB

Thread Information