Are Laguna Diesels Starting to be appreciated?
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Are Laguna Diesels Starting to be appreciated?

As you may have seen in the for sale section I have my Lag 11 diesel for sale and cannot believe the interest it has generated in what is typically a very poor sale time.

Advertisement

I have two beautiful Mx5's (96 LE and 2007 folding hardtop)and the Lag and need (but not desperate) to sell one car so put all 3 on CarSales.

The Renault has had more hits and more enquiry than the Mazda's and already has a buyer who wants to pay a deposit and finalise in late Jan. (not interested in that sort of deal) and two people coming to see it after Christmas.

I have always thought it is a brilliant car but did not expect this level of interest, perhaps this model is going to grow in stature well after it should!

Peter.
    Current 2015 Clio Sport RS200 ND MX5, prev Megane Gt Line diesel hatch,Laguna 111 diesel, Lag 11 diesel,lag 11 V6,clio x2 ,Megane sedan;R10'and 12's x heaps.

1000+ Posts

My daughter has just purchased a 2006 very low km's Lag Diesel and absolutly loves it. She even likes the sound of the motor and its great MPG. Her husband a non car person also likes the sound of the motor. My daughter hates the Toyota Prious (spelling) because it is too quiet. So perhaps the attraction for none car people might be different to those of us that are enthusists.

Fellow Frogger!

Can understand that Sunroof.

When I test drove my car i went down a cobbled lane with brick walls and thought it was very noisy(I had the window down)

Over 20 klmph it is hard to pick it is a diesel and it is an amazingly quiet cruiser,I wish there was more interest in the MX5's!!!

Peter
    Current 2015 Clio Sport RS200 ND MX5, prev Megane Gt Line diesel hatch,Laguna 111 diesel, Lag 11 diesel,lag 11 V6,clio x2 ,Megane sedan;R10'and 12's x heaps.

1000+ Posts

There are a lot of MX5's on the market in Bris. My neighbour has just purchased one for his daughter and he looked at 12 in a matter of a week or so. He is a car collector mainly Nissan sport/coupes Z series, fairlady etc, although he has a Jag XJ6 and a Merc Coupe from the 70's and he is very impressed with the MX5.

Interesting the renewed interest in diesel Lag's

I had the pleasure of driving Peter's Lag II (for sale) and must say how well it drove, the immaculate presentation and I know PClio well and he is fastidious with all his cars service and care

If interested to purchase a Lag II, and you are not from Geelong, I can vouch that it would be worth the trip down for a test drive

Was close to buying myself but opted for a new Lag III instead

Freddie - Torquay Vic

Thread Information