R10 Wheel Solutions?
  • Help

Default R10 Wheel Solutions?

The time has come to bring back the R10GS. I've got rid of the racehorses that didn't like racing and so I have a small amount to fix the 10 up.

Those who remember I tipped the 10 on its side at a reno motorkana day. So first I need someone to pull the passenger side out again. I'm led to believe that as I gently had it rest on it's side It should not be a big job. Does anyone know someone cheap who can straighten it out?

Second, the main cause of this event was that the car rolled onto the rim, as I asked it to park in the imaginary garage, which grabbed into the bitumen and flipped the car onto its side.
    Obviously I don't want that to happen again so what I need is wider and better wheels and tyres that will stop the car rolling of the tyre wall.

So what are the options for changing the wheels? I'm happy to flare the guards, but will that be legal?
    I'm not keen on changing rear ends or hubs etc.

Bye the way I call it a GS because it has a 12 lightly worked motor and GS are my initials.

Advertisement

Thanks for your idea, in anticipation.

Default R10 Wheel Solutions?

Hi Geoff,
    I had a bad experience a few months ago at Rob Roy where I rolled my R8.
    If you look at the most recent ed of RCCV mag, you will see a pic of me just at the time I am starting my rollover.
    The cause that contributed to the rollover was when I rolled my tyre of the rim, it deflated, which meant I was running on the rim alone, which dug into the bitumen, which resulted in me rolling twice and landing on my roof.
    The standard 15x4" rims are NOT safety rims, and will cause the tyre to suddenly deflate, if it is tubeless. This may be overcome if you have tubes fitted.
    As an alternative, and if you want to run wider rims, you can get a set mad up from AJAX Wheels in Moorabbin VIC, as they can do 5" if you like. Check with them as they have history on previous wheels they have converted over.
    The give away o safety rims is the secondary bead on the rim, so if the tyre distorts under lateral load, (even of the bead shifted) the air is not lost, and you won't run on the rim and hopefully keep your R10 upright.

Default R8 Dream

I was saddened to hear about your R8 as you had done such a fine job with your car. I hope you don't lose heart. Thanks for the wheel contact I will check them out.

Thread Information