hi there
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: hi there

Default hi there

Hi there ,I am so happy to be able to visit your forum again .Have to start again using a computer, i never was good at it .I am going to restore the fregate i bought from ,John Pickles.Taken apart , bit by bit and yesterday blasted and today i sprayed etch primer .Some rust repair,not much to be done,next week, I would like to place pics of progress on your forum if there is any interest ? don,t know how to go about it yet. please let me know .i struggle with the computer just as much as the Restoration i regards cor

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by fregate928 View Post
    Hi there ,I am so happy to be able to visit your forum again .Have to start again using a computer, i never was good at it .I am going to restore the fregate i bought from ,John Pickles.Taken apart , bit by bit and yesterday blasted and today i sprayed etch primer .Some rust repair,not much to be done,next week, I would like to place pics of progress on your forum if there is any interest ? don,t know how to go about it yet. please let me know .i struggle with the computer just as much as the Restoration i regards cor
    Wonderful! Very few restored Fregates around. Very few Fregates around, come to think of it.

Where is the car now? I suspect there's more than one Berwick around Oz.

I'm sure quite a few of us will be really pleased to see progress photos.

Cheers and thanks.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1950 (R1062)
    Renault R8 1965 (R1130)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2006 (daughter's)
    Renault Scenic Series II 2007 (mine)

Citroën CX Pallas 1980 (moved on to new custodian)

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Yes please!! The more photos the better.
    Ron

R4L 1962/3

Clio Sport 2002

Default fregate

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Wonderful! Very few restored Fregates around. Very few Fregates around, come to think of it.

Where is the car now? I suspect there's more than one Berwick around Oz.

I'm sure quite a few of us will be really pleased to see progress photos.

Cheers and thanks.
    thanks for your reply, i live in berwick and also in cranbourne north victoria with my cars in an older not so nice place big backyard where i build 2 garages etc ,was rented out before , after i lost a rented place for all those cars. As you know restoring takes time,oh not forget money,so those pics come slowly,and i have to figure out how to place them on your forum .Good to hear from you thanks cor

Default fregate

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Rundle View Post
    Yes please!! The more photos the better.
    thanks I will start as soon i figure out how to do it.long time ago i did it i just have to get into it again.I am working on a R4 '72,73? i might want to keep this one,I am looking for some R4 parts we'll see thahks again cor

It will be great to see another early model Renault restored Cor and a Fregate restored will be excellent. There are so few around now. Can't wait to see photos. Good luck with the restoration Cor
    cheers,

John

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

I was working at Cardinia P.S about six months ago, and went across the road to the servo where they had some old wrecks to see if they had any Renaults. I even asked the mechanic if he knew of any lying around in some back paddock, and he mentioned how he knew of some old european block up Berwick way who had a few. I assume Cor he might of been speaking about you.

John

Default fregate

Quote Originally Posted by J-man View Post
    It will be great to see another early model Renault restored Cor and a Fregate restored will be excellent. There are so few around now. Can't wait to see photos. Good luck with the restoration Cor
    J man ? ja thanks there are a few, but you hardly ever hear of them.i bought not so long ago an other fregate, if i ever restore the second fregate ?we'll see.i think i need some help or someone to guide me with those photo's thanks J-man Cor

Default fregate

Quote Originally Posted by 63-1092 View Post
    I was working at Cardinia P.S about six months ago, and went across the road to the servo where they had some old wrecks to see if they had any Renaults. I even asked the mechanic if he knew of any lying around in some back paddock, and he mentioned how he knew of some old european block up Berwick way who had a few. I assume Cor he might of been speaking about you.

John
    Dutch Berwick old Could be me .but you never know what more lays arround . thank you john for repley .tomorrow more etchprimer and reorganise the shed and backyard. what a mess!it's like gypsie camp thanks cor

1000+ Posts

I don't like to distress you too much. But I have a Fregate that I started restoring 20 years ago. Oh well the new chrome now has rust appearing and the newly upholstered seats were torn by my dog. The new rubber has now perished. The engine is still in bits and I haven't started on the suspension and I will have to repaint it.

Don't take 20 years it doesn't work it's like painting Sydney Harbour Bridge you just get finished at one end and have to start at the other.

Default fregate

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    I don't like to distress you too much. But I have a Fregate that I started restoring 20 years ago. Oh well the new chrome now has rust appearing and the newly upholstered seats were torn by my dog. The new rubber has now perished. The engine is still in bits and I haven't started on the suspension and I will have to repaint it.

Don't take 20 years it doesn't work it's like painting Sydney Harbour Bridge you just get finished at one end and have to start at the other.
    hi sunroof hmm,20 years , i would be 90 would have to costumise to fit a wheel chair ,need a chauffeur. where is your fregate ? , could i see it? you could make it go and look at the rest later ? it takes time and alot of money, those are hard to find .i dont know what i;m in for .we'll see .you where up early !!!!!!!let me know about your fregate, may beican help you with somthing thanks sunroof cor

Banned

Default posting photos

cor, there are two ways to post photos in a discussion Thread.

the first way is to attach them to Post. to do this:
    *save the photos somewhere on your computer.
    *make a note of which one you want to attach. when you transfer from camera/phone to computer they tend to have names like Pana201210_00_12_15.jpg etc, so it helps to know before hand exactly which one you will be selecting!
    *come back to this thread, then click on the Reply button. dont use the small quick reply box.
    *if you scroll down a bit you will find a buttone which says Manage Attachments. click on that.
    *that opens an additional window on your screen with a list of blank boxes, and the word Browse.. next to each one. click on the top one.
    *that opens a file browser so you can find the photo on your computer. when you find it, click on it once and then click on Open in the bottom right hand corner of the window.
    *you go then add more photos with the same process, OR when finished, click on the box at the bottom right of that list, which says Upload.
    *that sends the photo/s to the AF server
    *scroll down to the bottom of that Manage Attachments box and click on Close this Window.
    *finish typing your message, and click Submit Reply
    *the photos will then appear like the ¨ I´m a PC¨ picture below. AF users can open them up full size, by double clicking on them in your post.
    *NOTE: if you dont navigate around AF quite frequently, you will find that you have to log in again. unfortunately, if you spend 15 minutes creating a long post, and then try to post it, you often cannot because you have been logged out in the meantime. so it helps to prepare the text for long posts in, say, Notepad, so you dont lose it all.

the OTHER way of putting photos in threads allows them to be displayed at full size without anyone having to click on the little thumbnail views like i have below. that involves posting all your photos on a free picture storing website like Photobucket, or Flickr, or others, then copying links to those photos into your thread. it IS fiddly, so you probably wont want to bother. i use Photobucket, and find it quite slow and cumbersome, and that is speaking as a genius with an IQ of 220. on a bad day.

regards,
    alexander.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hi there-pc.jpg  
    Last edited by alexander; 19th December 2010 at 01:20 PM.

Default photo's

Hallo Alexander thanks for all that.Oh is it that simplelater to day i wil try. and muck it up many times before i get it right. thank you ,regards cor

Banned

well, you know, it is always simple once you know how!
    so yes, muck it up as many times as you need - it is only Aussiefrogs!
    the reason kids know so much about computers is that they just get in there and push buttons without a care, until it works.

here i am again about those photo's .i think i can do it,but i have to organise those photo's, they're in a mess.mixed up in between lots of other pics.i understand they have to be in separate map.i do prefer to muck around with some oily rusty piece of a car thanks cor

Banned

cor, you dont have to organise them in any way on your computer (though it wouldnt hurt just for your own sake...), and they certainly dont need to be in their own folder. you just need to know which ones you want to attach, and where they are on your computer, so you know where to find them when you go through the process of uploading them to AF.

once they are uploaded with your Post, copies of the files have been sent to the computer where AF is hosted on the internet, so where they are one your computer or however arranged, makes no difference.

thanks alexander, it is just for me ,every time having to search for the next one,without any confidence .it gives me the'' pips ''another word for, .........you know?!later one i try it againpfffff.
    thanks cor

Banned

it all gets a lot easier after the first one!
    note that you dont have to upload more than one photo at a time.
    so if you can find the location of one, then you can add that to a Post, save the post, go away and have a cup of tea. then come back later and Edit your own post, and add another one.

you know it is the same with computers as with motors or any complex task: it is easy to feel anxious or daunted by the process if you try to think of the whole thing in one go, and then just not do it at all. so just aim for shorter simpler steps and it will feel a lot more comfortable.

Default photo's?

hi there if it works,there wi be some pics well?no idea if thi works, please ? cor

|NO PHOTO"S try again cor

Default photo's

one more tryi think ,i hope i pray i believe it worked cor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hi there-motorola-photos-003.jpg   hi there-motorola-photos-004.jpg   hi there-motorola-photos-005.jpg  

Default Here is one.

Smile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hi there-fregate51-pin-up.jpg  
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger mince.
    If you run, you only die tired

Default so sorry for all this

Yes but finally some pics. Some rust cut out and making up a new crossmember and weld it in and that with no i.q what so ever so it seems ,thanks, thanks alexander ,you the great..test next i try show some pics in a series cor

Default some more

going to peter the sand blaster

Good luck with the project, Cor ... and if you should ever pass through Lillimur, which is just on the Victorian side of the SA-Vic border near Bordertown (Sth Australia), make some enquiries there as I think there might be the remains of a Fregate around the place.
    Don't make a special trip there just for that, though - it was a very long time ago that I saw it there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hi there-fregate55.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information