Megane window regulator
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Megane window regulator

Hi people,

I searched the internets to find an aussie renault forum so guess this is it. My friend bought a 2004 megane 5 door hatch a few months ago, then went away for work so of course the warranty ran out and then she came back, first day it rained last week and the passenger window got stuck down! I never had any dealings with a renault before but she asked me to get it fixed since she went back to WA for work again. Anyway I was just going to take it to the dealer until they told me how much they want for the part ($650), you've got to be !@##$@! kidding right? (Main North Nissan, Adelaide)

I went on to ebay and searched around in the UK and there are plenty available at 50-100 but they are aftermarket parts so I was just wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of a reliable one that works, or maybe any of them are OK, I don't know. I've already pulled the door apart (googled for the service manual) which took a couple of hours so suppose I may as well get the part and put it back together again. The motor appears to be fine but the mechanism got the cables twisted around inside and chewed up all the plastic, can I get away with just getting the part without the motor and use the old one?

Advertisement

Thanks for any help.

Do a search for Reno Scenic winders on here - the UK kits I believe are quite ok and have been bought/fitted by some on this forum
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

It is usually the plastic clips which break, but renault make you buy the whole assembly.
    Look on ebay on an international search and you should find repair kits etc, places like Germany, turkey seem to have the most available

I've been through this with 3/4 windows on my Laguna.

There is also a good UK renault forum.

KB
    KB

Tadpole

Thanks, yeah maybe the cable broke off of the clip and pulled inside the mechanism so it got all chewed up, cables crimped and then the cable outer assemblies broke off. 55 + 65 postage off ebay, still cheaper than a new one here.

Thread Information