Expresions of interest R10s
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Expresions of interest R10s

I have not put this in the for sale section because i dont want to be bombarded with Pm's from time wasters.

Advertisement

You can all bombard me here instead.

I have up for grabs a renault 10s.
    I am assured it has the 10s box, a working speedo cable, widened 13 inch rims with 175 tyres and not much else thats worth mentioning.
    By the sounds of it, it is at best a severe roughy, suitable for parts or full resto.

Its owner is perfectly happy to have it go to the crusher if no one responds with a hard offer, except he is a renault nut and feels that someone may want the bits and pieces off it, which i sort of agree with.
    That gives you an idea of what type of money we are expecting for this car.

If anyone would want this car in its entirety, ie to organise a trailer or tilt try and to pick it up, it is theirs for very little money.
    However the whole car needs removing, not just the rims and gearbox.
    It is not pick-a-part.

Jo

Hi,
    Where is the little beasty located?
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

Whoops...

Northern beaches, Sydney.

Jo

Any chance of a pic?
    A pity as I was over your way today and could of had a look.
    KB
    KB

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    Any chance of a pic?
    A pity as I was over your way today and could of had a look.
    KB
    I knew it would be within the day that I had to get a pic.

OK, I'll see what I can arrange tomorrow.

Jo

I'm particularly interested in the condition of the roof and doors for R8Dream to rebuild his R8, and the rims and gearbox will be of interest to me.

If you PM me a contact number, I might try to organise a visit tomorrow arvo to inspect in lieu of pics.
    KB

If someone does pick it up, and is planning on parting it (hopefully not) I'll put my hand up for some bits, namely the engine if it's an S.

David.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

Quote Originally Posted by vivid View Post
    If someone does pick it up, and is planning on parting it (hopefully not) I'll put my hand up for some bits, namely the engine if it's an S.

David.
    If someone parts it - I'll buy the round dash instruments or better still the entire dash cluster.

I'm waiting see how my response goes.
    If successful some parts may well be available including the engine. The dash and gauges wouldn't be among them though.

I've spoken to Jo Proffi today, but waiting to hear from the actual owner.
    KB
    KB

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    If someone parts it - I'll buy the round dash instruments or better still the entire dash cluster.
    Just food for thought, Rob, way back when I was deciding which way to go with my R10S replica build, I bought a set of Citroen GS gauges. They are a little smaller than the original R10S ones and would only require another piece of aluminium to be cut for the backing plate. Best thing, apart from my set being in KMs is, the GS gauges are Jaeger so fit the original Renault speedo cable, if you are using a stock R10 as the base. {no temp gauge though, worst luck}

The original gauges are mounted in a piece of very thin alu' plate with tacky woodgrain contact.

KB are you using the gauges in an R10S or just a build up? If you don't know, the sender for the fuel gauge in the VDO set must also be obtained as I don't think the original Jaeger gauge works the gauge.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Sad to say these are not for a Renault, but for Peugeot 404. The speedo is same ratio and the cable fits. The matching tacho is a bonus.

I measured up years ago and there is enough room to mount the Renault speedo and tacho and fuel gauge plus a 52 mm Temperature and oil pressure gauge. You need to make new face for the 404 surround.

Sound like a GS cluster is also an option. But they would be rare as ??? If you still have the gs stuff I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY View Post

KB are you using the gauges in an R10S or just a build up? If you don't know, the sender for the fuel gauge in the VDO set must also be obtained as I don't think the original Jaeger gauge works the gauge.
    Thanks for the heads up HKP. These will be going into an R8. I have a set of R10S gauges in my normal R10 already. That may explain why the VDO fuel guage never quite reads full scale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Expresions of interest R10s-r10-crc-005.jpg  
    KB

I knew of the problem but didn't take the sender out of the wreck I bought years ago, got everything else except the wheels which were not on the car at the time.

I think it was Simon who explained to me why it wasn't working and how to fix it.

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

GS conversions are becoming quite common in R10's and 8's
    Best part is you get a 200kph speedo and an 8,000 rpm tacho

We have a few of them if anyone is interested, also an original 10S dash minus the fuel gauge aswell.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

The first GS dash collection I bought had all the warning lights too which are great because they then will look period for the car.

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

Tadpole

renault 8&10 if you decide you don't need the rims I would be interested

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    GS conversions are becoming quite common in R10's and 8's
    Best part is you get a 200kph speedo and an 8,000 rpm tacho

We have a few of them if anyone is interested, also an original 10S dash minus the fuel gauge aswell.
    Dave,

Please price a GS dash for me.

Cheers

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up HKP. These will be going into an R8. I have a set of R10S gauges in my normal R10 already. That may explain why the VDO fuel guage never quite reads full scale.
    Wow! that dash looks serious WRC class....pity about the little, twee gearstick knob.
    Past Frogs:
    Alpine White 1967 R10 (round eye)
    Alpine White 1972 R16TS
    Blue 1978 Virage Wagon

Current:
    Red 2009 Clio RS 200 CUP

1000+ Posts

Renault R8&10: I like the dash but as there appears to be no roll cage what events do you do so as to justify all that electrical stuff for the navigator to play with.

We're getting a little off thread here aren;t we?

The car is still being built, but I will be doing some Classic Rally Club events in it - navigational trials mostly. It's just a play toy. I toyed with the idea of a cage, but straight after this one is finished I start building another R8 which will become the rally car longer term and will have the cage in it. I will replicate the dash in that as well, except the R8 will have a terratrip rather than a philtronics.
    KB
    KB

[QUOTE=renault8&10;909512]We're getting a little off thread here aren;t we?

Sorry Miss.
    Past Frogs:
    Alpine White 1967 R10 (round eye)
    Alpine White 1972 R16TS
    Blue 1978 Virage Wagon

Current:
    Red 2009 Clio RS 200 CUP

Tadpole

Default r8/10 bits

i have an original r10s dash,complete for memory and also an originalalloy half cage to suit r8/10 if any one is interested.aslo may part with my r5 yet....

Default R10 prices going up?

This may also be a bit 'off-thread' but I hadn't bought/seen a copy of "JUST CARS" magazine since

2004 & was given the latest copy by my mechanic & was stunned to see in COLOUR a very lovely

beige R10 for sale at $7000.

While this R10 may never sell at anywhere near that money & as a Renault 12 'dailydriver'

& collector I am in 2 minds about the LOW value placed upon our French secret auto-treasures,

it was also very interesting to note that down the back of this mag where the 'Price-Guide-section' is

that although the R12 was always 'listed' in the past, NO PRICE was next to them.

NOW, however there IS actually a set of 'prices' next to the R12. ......... $$=R12 !

Up to $5000 for an R12 in "Concourse condition" if I recall but who is ever gonna pay THAT

much?

The down-side is that our 'cheap-auto-secret' may become too expensive to buy with Renaults costing

the equivalent of Monaros(?!!) but I suspect IF /when such an unlikely thing

ever happens? .... I will be long dead & GONE!

However, the stupid thing is .... Renaults SHOULD BE worth good money & it seems that the public-

perception of these great cars remains an unpopular one but ........... 'who cares' ?

I LOVE them because they are GREAT and if an R12 DID cost $5000+ I would never be able to afford

them but I wish the seller of that pretty beige R10 Good Luck BUT at $7000 I suspect they may need

it.

Regards, Markeven when?

I now have this R10S in my possession and will be stripping it for parts.
    There won't be much available but if there are any bits and pieces anyone wants, let me know.

I'll list what won't be available and we can go from there. Everything will be pick up from Sydney basis.

10S gearbox is being returned to the original owner as is the speedo cable and dual throat carbie.
    I am taking the rims, Dashboard and gauges; and chrome windscreen rubber inserts. I'm also taking the steering rack and petrol tank.

The shell itself isn't too rusty (but has some rust) but the hanging panels and doors aren't much chop. It has an R12 engine (1289 I think). It has no chrome side strips, but it does have the rear chrome panel and 10S badge on the back panel. The engine started and ran to put it up on the trailer but would need to be considered a rebuild proposition.
    KB
    KB

Put me down for the bumpers KB ...
    Dom
    2017 Renault Koleos Intens Pearl white
    2014 RenaultSport Megane 275 Trophy RST 275
    1976 Renault 17 Gordini ... Welcome "Edwin"
    1967 R10 Round Eye ...Aug 16 gone but not forgotten
    1967 R8 Gordini 1135 ... Welcome "Jimmy Gordini"

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information