after a few years i'm back
  • Help

Default after a few years i'm back

Hi all,

Been a few years but I am back looking at the forum again.
    I used to sell Renaults a few back.
    My wife has 2007 Megane Priv sedan with 45k on it.
    Me ....i am thinking a Clio sport cup about 05 vintage or similar
    age Megane 225.
    Clio wins for better resale and reputation. Megane in front for having
    4 doors (more kid friendly)
    Any opinions ?

Advertisement

Icon6

G'day,

welcome back

regards
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Fellow Frogger!

Hi rick
    Good to see you back again - I thought that you may have been one of the casualties of the great crash of '10 - whole site collappsed because of some stuff up by GoDaddy (who are apparently very expert at stuffing things up) - for a while we were running in 2006 - shades of back to the future.
    No longer with Rex G's? or have they stopped selling Renno's
    Those people that say I know - generally don't.

Default back

Hi Ron,

I did have some time away. I am back at Rex's again. Currently in the world of Jag and Volvo. I have put my hand up as the Renault seat is now vacant.
    See what happens

Fellow Frogger!

Welcome back Rick,better than flogging books?

I have waved to that van a few times and wondered why I didn't get any response!!!

Peter.

hi Peter,

The only good thing about doing a book run was losing about 10 kgs (i now have them back *L*) Not much else to like about it....but gotta have a go at things
    Still got the MX5 and laguna ?

VIP Sponsor

Hi Rick and welcome 'home'

I notice you are from Geelong and with marques such as Renault, Jaguar, Volvo, I must ask do you/did you work for Peck and Stokes in Geelong?

Not sure how much kid room you need, but the Megane is not exactly a large family car. Actually is smaller than a medium size family car. If your kid/kids are still very young, it may be OK, but if you have two teenagers, it is not going to be very popular with them.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by RickHy View Post
    hi Peter,

The only good thing about doing a book run was losing about 10 kgs (i now have them back *L*) Not much else to like about it....but gotta have a go at things
    Still got the MX5 and laguna ?
    Yes Rick,2008 Lag 11diesel,great car,and the 96LE and a 2007 folding hardtop MX5s,both nicely enhanced.

Must rationalise the fleet as two is enough,so may see you soon!!

Rod i'm sure Rick will answer but I am pretty sure that he didn't work for Peck and Stokes,but was a great enthusiastic Renault guy for Gorells.We have been lucky they have had three good salespeople in my dealing, an Irish guy who sold them in the UK but then went home, Rick and Jacob.

Peck and Stokes was a great success story of a young insurance salesman and young mechanic buying the Renaukt/Pug dealership from a guy who probably expected that they would stuff it up and it would be available cheaply again.

They had a great range of complimentary skills and built up a great business expanding franchises as they went.

I bought a few Renaults from them in the 70's and was always pleased with the service.They sold out in about 2003 to Gorells at which time they had Land rover,MINI, Volvo, BMW, Jag. Pug.and maybe some that i have missed.

Can't say much about Bruce Stokes as a singer though.Renault launched the 20 at Shepparton and Max Skene the sales manager for Vic fancied himself as an entertainer so we had a talent quest at the evening dinner and Bruce had to "sing". Imagine that happening today.I was doing some journalism at the time but was still teaching as well,missed all the overseas jaunts and got that one!!!!

Peter.
    Last edited by pclio; 27th November 2010 at 04:48 PM.
    Current 2015 Clio Sport RS200 ND MX5, prev Megane Gt Line diesel hatch,Laguna 111 diesel, Lag 11 diesel,lag 11 V6,clio x2 ,Megane sedan;R10'and 12's x heaps.

Hi Rod,

No I were with Renault when Gorell's took over Peck and stokes. Only been in the Jag/Volvo for for the past 6 mths or so.
    Next week it looks like i am back in the old seat in Renault again. Doing it right this time. Looking for most likely 05 CLio RS (cup preferred) and also thinking of joining Renault Car Club Vic(although work will prevent me from being able to do anything much).
    So soon my garage will be all Renault Megane priv Sedan (wifes car) and hoping to see RS Clio for my daily drive to work car.
    All new cars ......I havent driven any of the current cars yet !!

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by RickHy View Post
    Hi Rod,

No I were with Renault when Gorell's took over Peck and stokes. Only been in the Jag/Volvo for for the past 6 mths or so.
    Next week it looks like i am back in the old seat in Renault again. Doing it right this time. Looking for most likely 05 CLio RS (cup preferred) and also thinking of joining Renault Car Club Vic(although work will prevent me from being able to do anything much).
    So soon my garage will be all Renault Megane priv Sedan (wifes car) and hoping to see RS Clio for my daily drive to work car.
    All new cars ......I havent driven any of the current cars yet !!
    It will be good to have you back Rick, has been a shambles since Jacob left,cars on CarSales that they don't have and I had to follow them up this week as i had waited 3 days for them to get back to me re a trade in with no reply.

Will be off to Melb next week where i have had excellent follow up.

As you know I have been a big supporter of Gorells over the years but am really pissed off with them at the moment.Service is still ok but nothing like it was when Andrew was there.(Bryan Burt Renault now has the best srvice manager i have ever dealt with in my 42 years of car ownership).

I didn't think P&S had Renault in the 2000's, thought Gorells was the first dealer of this incarnation of Renault in Australia,so you live and learn.

Good to see you back,

Peter.
    Last edited by pclio; 11th December 2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: typo
    Current 2015 Clio Sport RS200 ND MX5, prev Megane Gt Line diesel hatch,Laguna 111 diesel, Lag 11 diesel,lag 11 V6,clio x2 ,Megane sedan;R10'and 12's x heaps.

So riveting...

Back to the original question, sadly I can't comment on the Clio.

The RS Megane's have ample power. Period. Such a lovely thing to drive.

The (leather/cloth) seats are good, although I find the hard bolster at the sides of the front seats dig into my leg, and do havoc with my sciatic nerve. You can have a sore leg for several days after piloting a Megane.

As for rear seat room, can't actually say I have ever been there. I have had 6'2" adults in the back and haven't heard any complaints, but it was for a short trip so maybe they were being polite?

Quality of manufacture is excellent. Perhaps we look after our vehicles a little better than they do in England, where we have garages and don't leave them out in the weather all the time? There are a few wear marks on the rubberised coating on the internal doorhandles otherwise the interior looks and feels like new.

My engine has done 128K km in five years and feels rock solid and unburstable.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Dave
    Last edited by 68 404; 11th December 2010 at 10:56 AM.
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Hi Peter,

Yes I agree, Andrew was a great person to have on side .Nothing was too much trouble and if he said it would be done, it would be done. We had a good set up there.
    What are you looking to trade ? Did you have contact from anyone at all down there.
    Certainly dont want to lose your business.

Look forward to your reply

Fellow Frogger!

Rick as you are probably aware the Megane hatch has little rear legroom,I'm 5.10 and there was stuff all room behind my driving position when Sharon had hers,sedan much better,i would go for the Clio if you also have the Megane sedan.

Gorells had(maybe still have) a hatch and wagon Lag111 on CarSales so was thinking of seeing what deal i could do on my Lag11.Didn't have the cars and did a valuation and said they would see what stock if any was available.

Didn't hear anything for 3 days and I rang.No no stock! Would have been nice to have had a response as promised.

Peter.
    Last edited by pclio; 11th December 2010 at 08:15 PM.

Thread Information