G'day all!
  • Help

Thread: G'day all!

Icon6 G'day all!

Hi everyone!

Thought I'd just check in and say G'day and to introduce myself to the forum.

I've just recently bought my first ever Renault, a 2002 Renault Laguna Privilege Wagon. Bought it from a guy in Melbourne and was lucky enough to have my parents drive it back to Adelaide for me, on their way back from visiting grand parents.

Paid a great price and with only 88,000km on the clock, it was a real bargain, so couldn't go past it. The car is in fantastic condition, it's been well looked after and I love the way it drives!

Anyway, I'm glad I found the site and I hope to become a regular. Will put pic's up once I give the car a good clean, I'm a car detailer, so she'll be in good hands.

Cheers!

James - 'iLaguna'

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to introduce myself, but couldn't find a 'Newbies' thread.

Advertisement

Perfect place.
    I have an 02/03 Privilege estate myself (in beige almond I think it's called - a light minty green sort of colour). Mine has 95000 on the clock.

Look forward to sharing battle stories.
    KB
    KB

Welcome James.
    Nice car.

Jo

Welcome from another Adelaide-er :-)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Welcome aboard!

Default Welcome too

Welcome aboard too - I have a manual series 1 Goon (many thanks to Haakon who pampered it so well before me ). Good choice - just remember if it is an auto, keep an eye on it! I'll let those who know more than I to explain how.
    Cheers
    Only19
    Who needs brakes? They only slow you down ....

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    Perfect place.
    I have an 02/03 Privilege estate myself (in beige almond I think it's called - a light minty green sort of colour). Mine has 95000 on the clock.

Look forward to sharing battle stories.
    KB
    I have the exact same colour KB!

Thanks for the welcome guys! Still haven't taken any pic's yet, but hopefully by the end of the week I'll have some up.

'Only19' - Mine is an auto. I haven't heard of any stories regarding auto Laguna's, should I be worried??

Cheers

James

A lot of the information may have been lost in the recent forum crash.
    They can cost a reasonable amount to keep them in the manner they have become accustomed to.

Some of this maintenance (like timing belt kits etc) is no different to most other modern cars of this era, but some things to check on yours in due course are engine mounts (excessive vibration or noise), ball joints (similar symptoms), rocker cover gaskets (oil leaks) , coolant bottle (for signs of cracking or leaking), auto transmission (for signs of clunking or other issues - some people maintain the time delay between switching from neutral to first when taking off is fair initial indication - the longer the delay or clunkiness, the more the worry) and electric windows (a plastic bit breaks on the winder mechanism but rather than replace the whole motor and mechanism in one go (at around $400 ea), you can get repair kits off ebay in various european countries). Finally if the list off the top of my head is complete - ignition coils can fail, causing rough idle and hesitation on acceleration.

I get the oil in the gearbox changed fairly regularly now in my reco'ed transmission (despite the fact renault maintain they are sealed for life). This is said to give them a bit more longevity and as a safety precaution.
    KB
    KB

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    A lot of the information may have been lost in the recent forum crash.
    They can cost a reasonable amount to keep them in the manner they have become accustomed to.

Some of this maintenance (like timing belt kits etc) is no different to most other modern cars of this era, but some things to check on yours in due course are engine mounts (excessive vibration or noise), ball joints (similar symptoms), rocker cover gaskets (oil leaks) , coolant bottle (for signs of cracking or leaking), auto transmission (for signs of clunking or other issues - some people maintain the time delay between switching from neutral to first when taking off is fair initial indication - the longer the delay or clunkiness, the more the worry) and electric windows (a plastic bit breaks on the winder mechanism but rather than replace the whole motor and mechanism in one go (at around $400 ea), you can get repair kits off ebay in various european countries). Finally if the list off the top of my head is complete - ignition coils can fail, causing rough idle and hesitation on acceleration.

I get the oil in the gearbox changed fairly regularly now in my reco'ed transmission (despite the fact renault maintain they are sealed for life). This is said to give them a bit more longevity and as a safety precaution.
    KB
    Thanks so much for the heads up KB on everything I need to do to look after the new baby! I take good care of my cars with getting them serviced on time is a must. My other car is a 1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE which I've had for 10 years and with 196,000 on the clock, it hasn't missed a beat. If you take good care of your cars, they'll last a lifetime.

Thread Information