Floride Caravelle info - Page 5
  • Register
  • Help
Page 5 of 38 First 12345678915 ... Last
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Floride Caravelle info

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

I found the true reason why i lost my brakes yesterday, and also why i thought my suspention my stuffed. My engine has been banging around in there for years with only one engine support. The other one has snapped in half leaving just the bolt still through the chassis but no rubber. The years of it being like this has even bent down the bottom flap of the support houseing. Another fun job, but not as bad as yesterday changing that bloody globe for the instrument panel.
    Surprising how my car has gone through a RWC and a service and neither mechanic picked up the stuffed support.

Advertisement
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Keep at it John...When I got my Floride everything on it was shagged and everything has needed attention, including the engine/gearbox mounts. My car came with a roadworthy certificate even though it was nowhere near safe or roadworthy, I knew all this of course but I wanted this car no matter what.

Every bit of my spare time has been devoted to rebuilding and tinkering with this old girl and it has all paid off (just don't ask me how much it has cost...I might cry).

Now my spare time is devoted to driving her as much as I can and I love getting up early on a Sunday and going for a good long test drive and happy to report she purs like a kitten.

I get a kick out of people pulling up beside me and congratulating me on a nice car (mostly by old blokes).

So learn as much as you can about these old cars, the information is out there, and keep at it and when you are ready we can meet up halfway between Melbourne and Brisbane for a show and tell.
    Last edited by 59 Floride; 1st May 2011 at 10:28 AM.

Last edited by 63-1092; 9th May 2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Add photo's
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Wow this is a good looking car and I have never seen such a colorful and adventurous interior trim in a Floride and I totally approve, it suites the car perfectly.

I would be happy to see this car sell for $16,000 because in my opinion that is what they are worth to get to this condition.

However any old car is worth exactly what someone is prepared to pay for it. $11,500 is a steal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Floride Caravelle info-11981642.jpg   Floride Caravelle info-11981381.jpg  

If anyone ever needs a boot floor.

or these
    Last edited by 63-1092; 15th May 2011 at 02:40 AM.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Floorpan measurements
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

A bi
    t of a collection of Australian FloCar
    Last edited by 63-1092; 3rd July 2011 at 08:49 AM.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Love this photo of my floride at the Victorian French Car Festival 2011
    http://leckyphoto.smugmug.com/Cars/F..._hN8VG9h-XL-LB
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Quote Originally Posted by 63-1092 View Post
    I can see why, it looks fantastic there ! I'd be very proud to own your car & the chrome widies set it off nicely.
    cheers,

John

1000+ Posts

63-1092: what we need is to add the photos of every Flocar on the road in Australia. What a great album, and it would serve as a register of these cars down under. Any ideas about how we can achieve this. There is 6 on the road we know of in Qld. There are several almost on the road I am not sure how committed to the possible registration some of the owners are but we could add them as they become road registered.

Nice car, nice pic and a very flattering camera angle.

John I would be interested in finding out what modifications you had to do to the inner guards etc. to fit the fat tyres in...do you have pics?
    Last edited by 59 Floride; 15th May 2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: spellcheck failure again

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    Nice car, nice pic and a very flattering camera angle.

John I would be interested in finding out what modifications you had to do to the inner guards etc. to fit the fat tires in...do you have pics?

Graham, just spent half an hour writting how i done it and one of the kids touched the computer and lost it before i could finish it and post, just call me it'll be easier to tell you over the phone. Sorry didn't take no pics.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    63-1092: what we need is to add the photos of every Flocar on the road in Australia. What a great album, and it would serve as a register of these cars down under. Any ideas about how we can achieve this. There is 6 on the road we know of in Qld. There are several almost on the road I am not sure how committed to the possible registration some of the owners are but we could add them as they become road registered.

Mr Sunroof, all those photo's are from around Australia that i saved from AF last year before the crash, and i think they're been lost in the crash. You might also see i didnt add your car, even when i know where to find it, but then perhaps you could add that yourself with some of the other Qld cars if you wish. On a register, i dont know, all this is new to me as I've only just joined the RCCV this year for the first time even though i've had my first Floride for over 13 years. I would say though over that time i've seen close to twenty FloCar on the road but mind you I wouldn't know how many still are, off the top of my head that perhaps i've seen in the last year on the road or for sale in Melbourne would be about ten, with two rusty ones aswell, oh yeah and my rusty one that i still have in the back of my garage.
    Last edited by 63-1092; 15th May 2011 at 10:24 PM.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

RENOSPRITE, if you have a floride please share with the few of us who have a FloCar, photo's please.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Now that the colder month are with us (yes even in Queensland) I have decided to install a thermostat to keep the temp in the 80's.......I think the low temp is responsible for my acceleration flatspot, I think the fuel doesnt vaporise properly and puddles on the floor of the intake manifold at low throttle because it is all too cold.

I am looking at putting a water heated manifold in to combat this.

Now that the colder month are with us (yes even in Queensland) I have decided to install a thermostat to keep the temp in the 80's.......I think the low temp is responsible for my acceleration flatspot, I think the fuel doesnt vaporise properly and puddles on the floor of the intake manifold at low throttle because it is all too cold.

I am looking at putting a water heated manifold in to combat this.
    I've got no heater in mine for me, forget the manifold. I should actually install the R10 heater thats laying around somewhere.
    But seriously Graham how cold can it get in Qld in May, where here in Melbourne we just had our coldest week in May for decades.

I was reading the other day about four blade and six blade fans in flocar's, i think most are four blade and the later 1133 are six blade, but could someone elaberate on the pro's and con's of either, as i've installed a six blade but note sure if i should of put a four blade as floride's had.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Renau...fCarsQ5fTrucks

Here is a nice Floride for sale in the USA.....shame about the screws in the door cards but looks sensational otherwise.

1000+ Posts

John perhaps a year ago on the F/C forum there was quite a lot of discussion on the advantages of 6 blades over 4 blades. It took a bit of following the translations but I think the deal was that the 6 spun at a slower speed and therefore were quieter. The parts book is some what inconclusive as it shows 4 as standard then shows 6 as a note 1. Note 1 shows it being added from R1133 motor number 688 - 03 8213. It also shows a different pulley from that number as well. The twin barrel carb started at car number 20821 so doesn't seem as if it was directly related to the fitting of the higher powered engine. perhaps if you search back on the forum you may find out more than I did.

The R10, both early model and later model show a 6 blade fan in the parts book. However I am fairly sure that several of my R10s were fitted with only 4 blades. There were 3 different pulleys fitted. 2 for R1090 and 1 for R1092. Interestingly the pulleys are different part numbers to those on the Caravelle as are the fans. As the engine is so similar why would that be? My R1090 is probably original I will have a look in day light to see how many blades it has.

Thanks Sunroof, I couldn't make out after reading it all what the difference was, I don't think a end conclusion was made that's why i thought I'd ask here.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

This is actually a very original looking floride, not many things i'd pick on, but the colour of the dash looks bad and out of place, I've never seen a red car with that colour dash.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

1000+ Posts

Perhaps the dash is the original colour of the car and was not sprayed red. It looks a bit like the brown metalic (Bahama Yellow 104).

I have a very unoriginal dash and steering wheel on my Floride.....Does anyone know if reproduction steering wheels are available.

I have a very unoriginal dash and steering wheel on my Floride.....Does anyone know if reproduction steering wheels are available.

I've never seen anything about reproduction steering wheels, but if you dont want yours i'll take the nice timber one off your hands.

Should also add this one to the list of aussie flocar, i wonder what happened to it?
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

I've never seen anything about reproduction steering wheels, but if you dont want yours i'll take the nice timber one off your hands.

John,
    You can have my nice Moto Lita steering wheel when you can prise it from my cold dead fingers.....

But jokes aside I would really like the original interior look back again.

Should also add this one to the list of aussie flocar, i wonder what happened to it?
    It's still on carsales.com.au
    cheers,

John

Page 5 of 38 First 12345678915 ... Last

Thread Information