Views:	94 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	106902
    It looks superb....well done!!!
    1969 Alpine A110

Your "Coupť" seems very nice Mickris
    CongratulationsCan you show us a little more of this nice refurbished car

1000+ Posts

Mickris lives in the UK. Lucky guy could take it to Paris for a Sunday drive or attend some of the Floride Caravelle clubs weekend events. I know would if I lived in UK.

I'd say Mickris has no excuse NOT to take it to France. Sunroof is quite right!!

Congratulations. Looks lovely M. and thanks for posting. Even the driver's door line looks good.

Please, more photos.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

R8G

I've had a read over the past few days of all the information in this thread and still unclear of the options for the interior and hard top when a R.1092 Floride was purchased new. Hopefully someone could clear this up for me.

Looking at this post on Page 2 the cabriolet was available in six colours and there was a Body colour chip, Imitation leather of interior trim chip and a Imitation leather complimentary of the interior trim chip. From that I'm guessing the main seat surface was the middle chip, and the back of the seat, soft-top and soft-top cover was the complimentary colour (right chip)? Not sure if that's correct...

Was the complimentary colour for the hard-top as well or purchases choice when they ordered their Floride and you could mix and match?
    Thanks in advance
    Jason
    Last edited by R8G; 10th July 2018 at 02:50 PM.
    Jason Emmelkamp
    President, Renault Car Club of Australia

• 1967 Renault 8 Gordini
    • 2006 Renault Megane BO 225 Cup
    • 2014 Renault Fluence (Ph.2)

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

No, my understanding is it’s only the seat and interior trim colours that both of those chips represent.
    Hardtops and soft tops I’ve never looked into and I’m not sure what’s original, dark blue on blue, black on red, red on white who knows.
    Perhaps sunroof may know better as they were his shots from a brochure he had if I remember correctly.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

1000+ Posts

Yes 62-1092 is correct the swatches are for paint and the interior trim only. Not sure about the fold down hood cover. Black? The hard top colour may have been random. I have a photo showing a yard full fo cars so I'll see if there is any pattern. My metalic green car has a black hard top. Photos in various books,brochures might help but I have lent mine to some one so cannot check them.

1000+ Posts

I have checked my photos of Florides from the period and I have found a photo of a large number of Florides for export to the UK. Not every car is clear but this is what I have counted on those I can see clearly
    Body Roof
    Dark Blue Dark Blue 6
    Light Blue Dark Blue Roof 4
    Metalic Green Metalic green 3
    Metalic Green Black 3
    White Red 5
    White White 1
    Red Red 6
    Red Black 3

Also the folding hood cover is the same colour as the edges of the seats on white cars. That is Red.

If I had all my books and brochure I might have other info but thats all I have now.

What colour is your body?

1000+ Posts

There are two metalic greens Borneo and Missisippi The phot is from a news paper and coloured photos in newspapers back then was not that good and so I cannot tell which green is which. I am not sure that Floride S or Caravelles had different coloured rooves.

1000+ Posts

P.S
    White cars with a red roof had red wheels.

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

To confuse us even more, the page two pics show the red coupe to only have one type of cloth trim. The cream and brown, which I have on one of my coupes, though it also came in a red cloth too (which I think is a little ugly), so don't necessarily take the page two brochure as gospel.
    R8G likes this.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

R8G

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post

What colour is your body?
    Thanks for going through photos and counting them up. Seems that there is no real hard and fast rule, I guess for hard tops you could of ordered what you preferred.

My son inherited my late fathers Floride that you would of seen at some musters and NSW AFCD's. It's blue but not a period blue, he brought it back to life through his restoration of it but the chassis rails are rusted and needs considerable work. I'm thinking of striping it down and putting it on a rotisserie to start addressing the rust repairs.

As I was never that interested in the Floride I'm now finding out I have an interest so this thread is a great resource for a Floride newbie.
    vivid likes this.
    Jason Emmelkamp
    President, Renault Car Club of Australia

• 1967 Renault 8 Gordini
    • 2006 Renault Megane BO 225 Cup
    • 2014 Renault Fluence (Ph.2)

1000+ Posts

The coupes had cloth inserts and the soft tops vinyl (faux leather ). One of the problems is that someone may have converted a fixed head coupe to a soft top or taken good seats from one vehicle and put in the next. It is not necessarily accurate to take colours from currently restored ( or unrestored) vehicles because some may not have been redone as original. I am sure the hard top colours were not generally interchangeable. However if someone came into the agency and said I'll buy one if it has the hard top off that car over there the sales guy would only be too happy to oblige just to get the sale. I don't think the Floride Parts Manual has colour swatches but the Caravelle and perhaps the Floride S Parts manuals do. The Floride parts manuals has the different upolstery colours listed. But and does give indications of what colour went with what. In France there was also a lot of official accessories available. For example there was carpet for the front floor which was normally rubber. It someone was to fit carpet in the front and it used the same style as the original rear carpet then I guess that would be considered an acceptable addition or change to an original car. I usually do prefer original to non original. But each owner has the right to do whatever I guess. But we are really only custodians of a historical object. Eventually someone else will own it and so on for as long as it lasts.
    JohnW and vivid like this.

Tadpole

Default More Photos requested of Caravelle

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    I'd say Mickris has no excuse NOT to take it to France. Sunroof is quite right!!

Congratulations. Looks lovely M. and thanks for posting. Even the driver's door line looks good.

Please, more photos.

Cheers
    The plan at the moment is to go across to France when my friend has finally finished his Gordini rebuild which should be towards the end of the year or so he tells me .

Here's a few more piccys. The old girl has still got a lot of her original fittings and features.

I did change the exhaust for an Arbarth which I got for £50 much better sound.Floride Caravelle info-2-copy-.jpgFloride Caravelle info-4-copy-.jpgFloride Caravelle info-5-copy-.jpgFloride Caravelle info-6-copy-.jpgFloride Caravelle info-1-copy-.jpg
    Last edited by mickris; 25th July 2018 at 05:22 AM. Reason: closed quote (my A.D.D.)
    FIVEDOOR, vivid and Shoji like this.

1000+ Posts

A nice and original looking car. Why is the spare in the boot and not in the rack? Great that you will do a French trip but......

I don't know why but there are very few if any Flocars from the UK at French Flocar club events.

2009, 14 day tour, 1 Ozzy crew. 2012, 7 day event plus a special 4 more days, 16 Ozzie crews. This year special tour of 12 days, 16 Ozzies. We live around 17,000 kilometres from France. You guys could easily do weekend events in Northern France but don't very often, I wonder why?

There is a 15 day event in mid 2019 with the Floride Caravelle Club of France and several other French Floride Caravelle Clubs. I guarantee you will have a great time with like cars and like minded people some who do speak English.

Some French Flocar people have come to our Rear engine Renault events in Australia, as have Swiss, Americans, etc. but as far as I can remember no one from UK and we do speak English so it makes it easy as........

Tadpole

The spare is still in the boot because I haven't got around to putting it back in the rack after I sprayed the chassis and underneath last weekend with Waxoyl.

In case your wondering what Waxoyl is, it kills old rust and prevents new rust and forms a flexible weatherproof skin. Its also injected into box sections. Damn good stuff.

In answer to your question re the lack of UK attendance's at French meetings. I really couldn't tell you. Maybe its the lack of Flocars in the UK, there are only 11 Caravelles recorded by the DVLA and 35 rear engined Renaults including Caravelles registered in the UK.

I myself don't belong to any of the clubs, I tried getting into a conversation with someone on the Renault stand at the NEC in Birmingham last year all he said was there wasn't much interest in Flocars over here, stifled a yawn and went to talk to someone else. Sort of pissed on my bonfire so I didn't bother joining.

I'm hoping to get to Loheac in October for the big auto jumble.

Good to see more photos, for which thanks. Nice car.

Pity about the bonfire. However, the UK Renault Classic Car Club has a Floride/Caravelle Registrar, one Malcolm Roberts. I could send you his phone number by PM if you like. Try Renault Classic Car Club. They have a good quarterly magazine and a few hundred members. Nice people in my experience.

You wouldn't expect very many to have survived your climate, I suppose. Not helped I imagine by a low starting number given the price when new. I can think of five just in Western Australia, one of which was imported from South Africa a couple of years ago, very bodged and being fixed at present.

Do enjoy it!

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

1000+ Posts

Bretagne Floride Caravelle Club

This club in France has a good collection of spare parts particularly rubber bits. The French have some very nice cars and are very friendly given the language difficulties. They also do a lot of great weekend trips that would be easy for you particularly if you are retired and can get a few days off. Their cars are generally much better than ours in Australia on the exterior and interior. Perhaps the weather here effects the paint more than in France. Metalic painted cars are often badly damaged in our sun even modern cars. The French tend not to show off engines etc. In Australia at displays engine covers are always open and the discussion is usually technical in nature. In France if you ask they will open the engine cover but they may not be as mechanically minded as we in Australia. Of course I am generalising. The more you commit to the French scene the better you will be accepted. In Australia we have a very close connection with the French Floride Caravelle Clubs particularly those of us from Queensland, NSW, and Western Australians. Many of us travel there regularly and have made good friends. Some who do speak English and some who don't. Unfortunately very few Australians speak French. I do commend you to their events. I only wish I lived as close as you do. If you need an English speaking French Club contact I could perhaps ask if they would call you. You could always PM me with your details and I will PM him and see if he would contact you. I am a member of two Flocar clubs in France.
    JohnW, mickris and robint like this.

Evidence of French interest....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Floride Caravelle info-67-caravelles-florides-2.jpg   Floride Caravelle info-caravelles-dawn-2.jpg   Floride Caravelle info-caravelle-line-up.jpg  
    Sunroof likes this.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Default 1963 Renault Floride for sale - asking price is $39,000 - Gosford Classic Cars

Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

1000+ Posts

Hmmm appears to be a very good restoration. A few non original things and a terrible hood. No hard top?? Hope they get $39,000 for it. I might bring forward the restoration of my Floride if they get it. They seem to becoming one of the few Renaults that are worth restoring for resale.
    vivid and robint like this.

Hmmm appears to be a very good restoration. A few non original things and a terrible hood. No hard top?? Hope they get $39,000 for it. I might bring forward the restoration of my Floride if they get it. They seem to becoming one of the few Renaults that are worth restoring for resale.
    Well. Just fell off the chair...… No damage to me or anything else.

Collectability is a strange thing and things just run sometimes it seems. Not that I'd knock Florides or Caravelles, which are pretty and functional for what they were always meant to be, it is just that we RER folk aren't used to this sort of thing. DS Citroen values are on the up and up. I'm waiting with no great optimism for the boom in 1950 4CVs and 1964 R1130s, our R8 being Trinidad Red just like the Floride.

It'll be fascinating to see what it fetches. Perhaps we should have brought the rusty Caravelle back from Kenya after all....
    59 Floride and Sunroof like this.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Fellow Frogger!

Hi mickris, I noticed in your engine bay photo that you do not have the engine lower shroud panels on,an essential item to create correct air flow through radiator.As radiator fan draws air through radiator, with out lower panels on, air from under vehicle pushes up against fan flow directed air.with panels on a low pressure area is created at rear open edge of panels completing S type flow of air,in rear engine lid grille through radiator and drawn out rear of lower panels.may no be as evident in cooler temp countries but essentiual here in aus.compliments on a wonderful looking car,gives me incentive to start on my floride.......jim
    Kim Luck, JohnW and Sunroof like this.

To be fair with the Gosford car I would point out that the body looks very straight and all the panels gaps look excellent, so it was either a good example to start with or it has had a lot of work done. Some minor bits of jewellery needs attention and I would have liked to see new door rubbers fitted. I would also opine the soft top looks odd only because the tensioning levers aren't properly done up..

It looks like a really good car and I too will be keen to see the eventual sale price..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Floride Caravelle info-capture.jpgd.jpg  
    Last edited by 59 Floride; 9th September 2018 at 10:21 AM.
    JohnW likes this.

Page 44 of 45 First ... 34404142434445 Last

Thread Information