Floride Caravelle info - Page 41
  • Register
  • Help
Page 41 of 41 First ... 313738394041
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1020
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Floride Caravelle info

Ah Good news! I can stop dreaming of it and move on now

Also, another blue rally weapon. (I really want one now).

Advertisement

Floride Caravelle info-1965-renault-caravelle-rally-car-front.jpg

Works: 1999 Volvo S40 T4, (has Choo Choo's)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16
    Wanted Ye old K4J / K4M Click!

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

Quote Originally Posted by 62Caravelle View Post
    Hi everyone. Just letting you know that I will be picking the Caravelle for sale near Geelong on Sunday. My daughter is buying it and we will work on it together to put it back on the road. So my 1962 Caravelle with have a younger, bigger sister, because my daughter has stated that the 68 Caravelle " She looks great and she will have a female name."
    I've been working interstate for the last month and fly home tomorrow for RR.
    So bugger, I was gunna call over the weekend and have a look at that.
    Well done, two white ones in the family now.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

63-1092. The Geelong Caravelle is now in its new home but did you notice that there is a Floride for sale in Adelaide for $2,500.00 in the For Sale section of Aussiefrogs. You can add another one to your collection.

Hi everyone.Need a little help. Daughter has bought a 68 Caravelle and need a copy of the owners manual to give her some idea of how all the dash lights work and mean. Please let me know if you can help her. Thank you in advance.

Hi everyone.Need a little help. Daughter has bought a 68 Caravelle and need a copy of the owners manual to give her some idea of how all the dash lights work and mean. Please let me know if you can help her. Thank you in advance.
    With documentation, it is best to ask by the Renault type number. As in Australia, especially the earlier cars, the actual build/model year and first registration year may be different. The type number is in the front boot on the oval plate – I’m guessing your daughter's car is likely an R1133.

There are also a couple of Caravelles. The earlier type with the combination cluster and strip speedometer, then the later type with separate speedometer and tachometer, and a separate fuel gauge.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Hi everyone. It is an 1133 Caravelle with the late model dash with the tacho and separate fuel gauge. I have a 1962, 1131 Caravelle with the original owners handbook that has the information about the dash but because the 1133 has different gauges and warning lights, it would be good to have a copy of the hand book showing dash and what all the lights mean.
    Thank you.

Late Caravelle control layout.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Floride Caravelle info-dsc09372.jpg  
    Kenfuego likes this.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Simon, that is very useful info for my project too and saves me a little research time. I was looking at my dashboard layout yesterday and those three switches beside the fuel gauge.
    Last edited by Bustamif; 4th December 2017 at 09:50 PM.

Simon. That information is perfect. Now I can start to work out the wiring to the lights and check. Thank you.

63-1092. The Geelong Caravelle is now in its new home but did you notice that there is a Floride for sale in Adelaide for $2,500.00 in the For Sale section of Aussiefrogs. You can add another one to your collection.
    Oops I missed that one, anyone know anything about that cars condition.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Quote Originally Posted by 63-1092 View Post
    Oops I missed that one, anyone know anything about that cars condition.
    I went had a look yesterday while in Adelaide, anyway, Good luck to the seller at $2500.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Tadpole

Hello,I have not been on the forum for a while, but I have a 1133 Caravelle which I have had since the 1980s, and have it on historic plates. Mine was built oct65 and sold in paris to its first owner Jan1966. It was brought to australia in the1970s when she emigrated and was converted to RHD in about 1980. My car is an S version and has the flashier steering wheel and twin circular speedo/tacho . Why I mention this is that the dash lites or telltales are a bit confusing. The red central ignition light and the orange blinker light between the instruments are clear enough. But then there is a blue high beam lite and a green light, which I have always assumed was a coolant temperature light. That light flickers when the engine runs under 1000 revs but goes out after that, so I assumed is powered by the generator. Simons diagram of the dashboard shows the green light as oil pressure light. I have both engine senders ,oil and coolant. years ago I had the green light come on for a couple of minitues on a 40 c day.which I assumed was coolant temp. Are the 3 things inter related somehow ? . Also I really did not think there were many caravelles sold after about 1966 in australia. Thank you , I merely offer my thoughts. Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pink panther View Post
    Are the 3 things inter related somehow ?

That’s a good point. On earlier Renaults where there is no temperature gauge, the oil pressure and coolant temperature lights can be combined. So the Caravelle would be the same as the equivalent era R4/10/10 in having the combined oil pressure and coolant temp warning light run through the same wiring with the two senders.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    That’s a good point. On earlier Renaults where there is no temperature gauge, the oil pressure and coolant temperature lights can be combined. So the Caravelle would be the same as the equivalent era R4/10/10 in having the combined oil pressure and coolant temp warning light run through the same wiring with the two senders.
    That's right Simon - common red warming lamp for oil pressure and temperature. Some of them kept the temperature light on until it warmed up too, if I recall? But green on the earlier cars like Caravelles and older is almost always the generator charge lamp, and they can flicker a bit as revs rise with an old generator and old regulator.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

There are also differences between versions. "Home" spec (100) is green, export RHD spec (700/800) is red.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4

Tadpole

Hi. Thank you for your thoughts , My car has country code 30 which I believe relates to german/swizterland build , which would also confirm with the lady I bought it from going to uni in Vienna before she emigrated. In which simons comment about green light in home country sounds correct. The wires are so old it is hard to pick colors to trace and as we know the french change the color at each connector. It sounds as though the green light is activated by either sensor, earthing and also picking up power from the regulator,. my wiring is original from conversion, Silly thought but would the oil pressure light , if inadequate come on as the red ignition light? Much appreciate your comments . Regards paul

You can just ground the wire to the oil pressure sensor, to the cylinder head for example, and see which light comes on. That will answer the question. Similarly, there will be a wire to the water temperature sensor, probably bolted directly to the cylinder head, and if you ground (that is "earth") it, by touching it against the head, you can see which light comes on. I expect the same red light for both, but you can check easily and then tell us what happens. Both of those warning light switches complete a circuit that connects the positive wire that is fastened to the switch, to earth, that is to the engine, and the light comes on.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

There's been a few Caravelles and Florides pop up for sale this year or even just lately.
    Vic rego FLORID is for sale on ebay at auction and ends in under an hour.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Tadpole

Thank you John W , I did as you said with sender wires. Both the temp and oil pressure leads when earthed caused the red ignition light between the gauges to come on brightly. Therefore the green light [bottom outside gauges] is a generator charge light only. We are never to old to learn. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pink panther View Post
    Thank you John W , I did as you said with sender wires. Both the temp and oil pressure leads when earthed caused the red ignition light between the gauges to come on brightly. Therefore the green light [bottom outside gauges] is a generator charge light only. We are never to old to learn. Thanks
    Always a pleasure! Have you joined the Register?
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Page 41 of 41 First ... 313738394041

Thread Information