• Register
  • Help
Page 40 of 41 First ... 30363738394041 Last
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1020
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Floride Caravelle info

Quote Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
    Who the hell is Charlotte Rampling?
    Starred in Georgy Girl, The Verdict and many TV series, The Night Porter (on SBS) is where I last saw her.

I'm sure you will recognize her face.

Advertisement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Rampling
    Mutual Respect is Contagious

Tadpole

When I was chasing a steering wheel for Caravelle Tim Renkens from Old Timers had just sold a batch to someone who was renovating/building boats, so it is quite good to see one fitted to one a good number of years ago and it’s not just a new “fad" consuming “our” parts. Yes Charlotte was quite pleasant visually as no doubt the boat was.

1000+ Posts

Was it the Night Porter movie of 1974 or the recent mini series the Night Porter which I did see? However I prefer Bridgitte B on/in a Floride.

There yer go.

Tadpole

Default New Owner

I've just become the proud owner of a 1965 Caravelle R1133 and thought I'd say hello.

The old lass had been off the road since 1988 living in a heated garage but is now just about renovated and ready to roll again after a strip down and respray.

Considering the length of time she'd been off the road surprisingly little tin worm either.

Oh by the way I'm a Pom hope it doesn't count against me, someone has to live here

Floride Caravelle info-s-l1600.jpg
    Sunroof, J-man, Shoji and 1 others like this.

1000+ Posts

Welcome, always like to find another Flocar owner even a Pommie. The car looks very nice. Is that an original colour? Is it an original 4 seater and kept as such? I love these cars and have several. Currently slowly respraying my Floride S. We have been to two rallys in France with the Floride Caravelle Club of France. They were great. We are due to go again in 2018. 32 Australians went to the last big event in 2012. The French found 16 cars for us to drive. A remarkable effort. The largest number of these cars I have seen in one place was 103 ( from memrory ) in France in 2009. There was only one car from the UK. Do you find many at events in UK? Cheers and welcome. Rob
    Shoji likes this.

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

Welcome our pommie mate.
    I didn't think there was any poms left there, and it depends on which football team you follow.
    Is the photo before or after your restoration?
    Lets hope you get a summer next year and you can unbolt that hardtop, take it for a spin and enjoy.
    JohnW likes this.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Yes, and a big welcome from me too. They are nice cars, to say the least.

Do you belong to the Renault Classic club in England? I've contact details if you need them - nice bunch.

Nice looking car, especially if that is paint over metal not paint over bog! You can't look too closely.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Tadpole

Welcome, always like to find another Flocar owner even a Pommie. The car looks very nice. Is that an original colour? Is it an original 4 seater and kept as such? I love these cars and have several. Currently slowly respraying my Floride S. We have been to two rallys in France with the Floride Caravelle Club of France. They were great. We are due to go again in 2018. 32 Australians went to the last big event in 2012. The French found 16 cars for us to drive. A remarkable effort. The largest number of these cars I have seen in one place was 103 ( from memrory ) in France in 2009. There was only one car from the UK. Do you find many at events in UK? Cheers and welcome. Rob
    Thanks for the welcome Rob,
    Its not the cars original colour which was Finlandia Blue, it's Triumph Powder Blue. I'm thinking of spraying the hardtop black just to break the colour up. I saw one on a brochure and it worked well.

I've never seen a Caravelle or floride in the wild at any car shows I've attended in the UK but according to the DVLA there are only 36 licensed Caravelles and 15 unlicensed in the UK so not a large number and pretty rare.

Its a UK (70) 3 owner car with matching numbers, 1100cc engine ( Number 18461) first registered 1/4/1965 and everything is completely original ( even got its original cigarette lighter which still works) and its kept as a 4 seater.

With our summers it would be better to leave the hardtop on permanently or carry a big golf umbrella.

As for football you can keep it I'm a Super League fan (Hull FC)

Cheers Mick

Quote Originally Posted by mickris View Post
    Thanks for the welcome Rob, Cheers Mick
    Keep its rarity in mind when those super-common Porsches, Ferrari and Lambos roar past. You have something quite special. I'm pondering offhand how many of them there are in Western Australia, and guess there are 6-10 combined Floride+Caravelle. We'll have three coming I think on Saturday at the French Car Day in Perth - I'd better post a photo afterwards for you!

We owned one in Kenya, 38 years ago and I doubt it is still around..... The front cross member was rusted through in 1979.

I can't imagine you'd ever pull the top off yours in England except to check for rust. I can say that September is the driest month, statistically.

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Floride Caravelle info-caravelle-2.jpg  
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

I say, is that rear Michelan getting a bit threadbare or what..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Floride Caravelle info-b51234ee2dc79543bad74bc86f719b52-african-american-art-pin-up-art.jpg  

1000+ Posts

G you can have the blonde I have the one with the black hair, ok?

You can take both of em for a walk in the park and I'll steal the car. The car would be less trouble.

& cheaper
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

1000+ Posts

Too true G, too true.

...and if you need any proof of that check this out. Watch it right through to the end and see what happens to poor Mario.

https://youtu.be/Zh39Eoyy4O8

1000+ Posts

Yep thats Alains car. We drove it in 2009 rally and Graeme W in the 2012 rally. It also stared in a film about a car. Bruces Floride also stared in a music video.

Tadpole

Thanks one and all for the warm welcome

Tadpole

Came across this if its of use to anyone.

http://www.renaultownersclub.com/ima...lleHistory.pdf
    Sunroof and JohnW like this.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    By golly, is that a Floride steering wheel I see there.

Hello everybody.

If you were not so much much impressed by these ( beautiful ) legs , you would have recognized the flat steering wheel of a Dauphine
    JohnW likes this.

1000+ Posts

Dauphine Gordini was coloured the same as a Floride but is 1 cm flater. It is what I have on my Floride S which is black and black as it should be but 1 cm flater. Of my three cars none came to me with the correct steering wheels. Two had small after market wheels and the Floride S had an R10 wheel that has so much dish it required blocks to be added to the pedals. But then with the seat back further there was more space to get in and out of the car.

I feel like I need to mention there is a white one for sale at the moment south of Geelong (got an email from the Vic club).

They look great with a roll bar.

Just sayin'
    Sunroof and 59 Floride like this.

Works: 1999 Volvo S40 T4, (has Choo Choo's)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16
    Wanted Ye old K4J / K4M Click!

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

1000+ Posts

I do have to say it does look good, very business like. Needs at least a 1.4 and preferably more. Oversteer can be a problem. I have seen a few done up to look like competition cars and they always look wrong but this looks right. Good find Bowie.

I do have to say it does look good, very business like. Needs at least a 1.4 and preferably more. Oversteer can be a problem. I have seen a few done up to look like competition cars and they always look wrong but this looks right. Good find Bowie.
    Strengthened, I presume? Does look good!
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Hi everyone. Just letting you know that I will be picking the Caravelle for sale near Geelong on Sunday. My daughter is buying it and we will work on it together to put it back on the road. So my 1962 Caravelle with have a younger, bigger sister, because my daughter has stated that the 68 Caravelle " She looks great and she will have a female name."
    bowie likes this.

Page 40 of 41 First ... 30363738394041 Last

Thread Information