Floride Caravelle info - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 38 First 12345612 ... Last
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Floride Caravelle info

Default 50 years

This pic is from somewhere in France and is an exquisite example of these beautiful cars all fully restored, note the different roof shapes and styles...the cars to the right are all Caravelles, the Florides have two soft top versions and it can be confusing which one is which when dealing with online rag top sellers...gotta make sure you get the correct one.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Floride Caravelle info-944c8e7d3c.jpg  
    Last edited by 59 Floride; 2nd March 2011 at 01:11 PM.

Maintainance guide
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Floride Caravelle info-plan_graissasge800x600.jpg  

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

An interactive colour chart for all models, just click a colour and see a photo example.

http://fccdf.free.fr/article.php3?id_article=17
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Default I'll show you mine....

For those interested in these old Renaults, here is a recent pic of my Floride.

I have been fixing her up for 5 odd years but only the last year in earnest as I have discovered where and how to get parts.

She would never be a concourse winner as the original motor and gearbox are long gone so she is hardly original, but that suites me as I want a car that I can drive in modern traffic not a museum piece.

I have fitted a 1.4L R12 motor and a sweet R10 gearbox, R10 disc brakes all round as well.

She is complete except for a few bits missing from the Hardtop which I am finding from all corners of the civilized world.

The next step is a full body rebuild and repaint as some of the leading has shifted and needs reworking.

Happy New Year to all.

Graham
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Floride Caravelle info-lease-003.jpg  

Default Can't show you mine

Graham, been trying to post photo's of my two Florides but can't upload from my computer to AF but can to other sites, even copy-paste makes them to big.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Default It can be done , just don't know how......

Images can be resized because I have done it ...once... just requires a bit of fiddling around I guess which is something us old car buffs no how to do well.

I want to put my 6" wheels from my old Floride onto my other one, I just want to know if i can just bolt them on or do i need to have something adjusted to run with the wider wheels or is there any other changes or mods i should consider. Also do you think 6" are to wide, if so what max size do you think i should go, as i'd like to possibly order some new wheels from france and get them chromed with some of it's other parts.
    Last edited by 63-1092; 22nd February 2011 at 04:02 PM.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Quote Originally Posted by 63-1092 View Post
    Also do you think 15" are to wide, if so what max size do you think i should go, as i'd like to possibly order some new wheels from france and get them chromed with some of it's other parts.
    A rim is a rim and their design has not really change much over time.
    Tyres on the other hand are a period thing and as time moves on some sizes drop off the market as others come onto it.
    The trend over time to go bigger and bigger has brought us to a point where little jap/korean cars that once came out in 13 inch are now coming out with 15inch rims as standard.
    For this reason it might be prudent to look at what skinny tyres are available NOW and design a setup that reflects the current market or you may end up with orphan tyres on your car.
    One good thing about going with the market flow or at least considering it, is you end up with a great range of tyres to choose from in the given size, and the competition keeps the price way down.
    For an example pulled out of the air, if you chose a tyre size the same as a Hyundai excel, you know at tyre change time life is going to be easy.
    Alternatively read the pages of grief the guys who drive DS's write up when they need new tyres.

There may not be a modern easy-to-buy tyre that fits your renault, but if its just a mm here or there difference between a weido tyre and a common one, go the common one in the easy to get size.

Oh, and renault experience tells me to go as narrow a tyre as possible.

Good luck,
    Jo

1000+ Posts

Default The 6 wheeler ??

Hi
    Sorry to break into the technical discussion. What was the point of that 6 wheel version in the photo. Where did it come from?? More information please Sorry to disturb the purists.
    Jaahn

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi
    Sorry to break into the technical discussion. What was the point of that 6 wheel version in the photo. Where did it come from?? More information please Sorry to disturb the purists.
    Jaahn

It's not a real car, but computer inhanced. So the only point is i suppose is to show someones computer skills.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Put my 6" wheels on the floride today, drove out the driveway and scrap, scrap, went down the street abit and thought this aint good, so tried to do a u-turn and couldn't.
    Had to reverse all the way home and then change the front wheels out on the street. Left the 6" on the back but had to leave the skinny R10 wheels on the front.

Has anyone ever put wider wheels on a Floride or Caravelle and if so, what size would you need to have to be able to still steer the bloody thing?
    Last edited by 63-1092; 22nd February 2011 at 04:01 PM.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Default Fat tyres fat chance Sundance........

I had a set of rims widned to 6inch (any good wheel shop can widen them for you) and had the same result as you.

There just isn't enough room at the front for anything except the original 135 SR 15's, but for me I quite like the old school skinny pizza cutters.

Cheers

Butch

Default Chassis stamp

This is the location of the chassis stamp on a Caravelle, it is said that it is also the same for Florides. It's not the passenger seat but the drivers seat or right side of the car for us.

John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Default After market accessories

a-teintes-p1.jpg

a-teintes-p2.jpg

Blanc Kilimandjaro-cabrio.jpg

bleu Hoggar-cabrio.jpg

Bleu Hoggar-coupé.jpg

bleu Narvik-cabrio.jpg

bleu Narvik-coupé.jpg

Jaune Bahama-cabrio.jpg

Jaune Bahama.jpg

Rouge Trinidad.-cabriojpg.jpg

Rouge Trinidad.jpg

Vert Borneo-cabrio.jpg

Thanks should go to Rob for these, they are for a 1092 floride.
    Looking into why the two Floride coupes had different cloth interiors at the Renault roundup, and it turns out both are original, i knew the red interior cloth was correct but i wasn't sure of my cream and brown one. Your cabriolet came out with leather, but the coupe or (bolt on hard top) in cloth.
    Last edited by 63-1092; 22nd February 2011 at 04:21 PM.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    For those interested in these old Renaults, here is a recent pic of my Floride.

I have been fixing her up for 5 odd years but only the last year in earnest as I have discovered where and how to get parts.

She would never be a concourse winner as the original motor and gearbox are long gone so she is hardly original, but that suites me as I want a car that I can drive in modern traffic not a museum piece.

I have fitted a 1.4L R12 motor and a sweet R10 gearbox, R10 disc brakes all round as well.

She is complete except for a few bits missing from the Hardtop which I am finding from all corners of the civilized world.
    I like the colour! Thanks Graham.