clio sport/172
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: clio sport/172

jr

clio sport/172

that petrol topic was getting too long so can anybody tell me if they own a clio and how have they found it? the dealer contacted me ages ago and asked if i wanted the LAST one available in australia..a blue one. yeah right!! i drove by the dealer yesterday and theres one in the showroom. what have others found.

------------------

Advertisement

That's strange, only last week I heard there were two black cars in Qld, and a silver one in Adelaide available for sale.

Also it seems that the car for AUS release in December will be an enhanced S2A, rather than the S2 just released overseas.

Simon
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Hey JR

Ya know the mag Hot4s ? Well the editor of that mag was trying to track one down but didn't succeed. Was chating with him the other night.
    I've been told that they where all gone, ages ago.
    So I'm hanging out till the facelift model arrives, although I'm not real keen on the look. I reckon it could have potential its kind of a wolf in sheeps clothing look apart from the new 16inchers.

I just wanna have a up close and personal look of the new one before I sign anything.

Anyway my two bobs worth
    Ash
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

Hey

Simon whats this S2A model all about ? The model with like a Magna Grill on it?

Also this next model, are they bringing a limited number over ?

Ash
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini

Ash,

The S2 bit is my way of identifying the new version Clio which supersedes the 85 or some say 75 cars just sold in AUS. Some call it Mk 2 or 3.

Word is that there will be further refinements later in the year, things like cruise control, return of the shift light etc on the model that gets to AUS by December.

My guess will be that it will be limited by the number they can sell. The limited edition of 85, being those S1 cars fitted with an AUS compliance plate. Otherwise they are identical to the other thousands sold in other markets.

Simon
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Hey

Simon thanks for clearing that up.

I found a pretty cool Clio site but the only thing is, its in some other language. You can still make out some of the words.
    They have some pretty good pic's of the revised Clio that's set come our way soon. hopefully soon isn't to far away.

Wonder if they'll bring out a turbo kit for it later on.

Would be a good race against Victor Brays Top Door Slammer.

Ash
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini

Sorry lads

Forgot to post the link

http://clio.rs.free.fr/frames.html

1967 1135 R8 Gordini

Theres a good article in this months Wheels magazine, you guys may have seen it.There doing the Clio 172 up against the Honda Integra Type R.

Its not a bad read.

Ash
    1967 1135 R8 Gordini

Ash,

That's a French language website. As you said you can make out many of the words, especially the technical ones. You can translate websites by going to:
    http://world.altavista.com/tr
    and selecting the appropriate language.

The translations are literal so they often read a bit funny, but they make sense if you think laterally (e.g. it translates the french word for spark plug as "candle").

Dave

P.S. Here's its translation for the technical section of that Clio website:

Dimensioned driving, the men of Renault sport took for base modern 2.0 16v " F4R " VVT of 140 CH installed under the cap of Laguna I, Espace and Scenic. The engineers obtained the profit of power by improving the gas flow in the circuit of admission. The goal is to insert in the cylinders the greatest quantity of possible air/essence mixture, in order to increase the fuel rating of the engine. the intake manifold out of aluminium has conduits with length increased in agreement with a plenum whose volume passes from 3 to 4,8 liters, for high modes of this engine. profiles and the section of the conduits in the cylinder head were machined by Mécachrome, the valves in Nomonic (Nickel 75%, Chrome and Titanium), a technique inspired of the competition, preserve same dimensions but resist the high temperatures, the platinum electrode candles allow a better propagation of the flame and a good ignition of the mixture. The longevity of the candles is increased to 120 000 km the camshafts use different laws. The crossing of the valves is accentuated for an addition of power to high mode, the uncrossing obtained by converter (VVT) with low mode privileging the flexibility and the stability of the idle. a tubular specific exhaust manifold 4 in 1 leads to two catalysts assembled in parallel. These solutions facilitate the flow in the line of exhaust and avoid them backpressures on the outlet side of the engine. All the line of exhaust, of the collector to the silencer is made out of stainless steel. Thanks to all these modifications, the power and the couple of this block pass to 172 CH to 6250 tr/min and 200 Nm to 5400 tr/min (against 140 CH with 5500 tr/min and 188 Nm with 3750 tr/min). Compared to engine " F7R " 2.0 16V of old the CLIO Williams, this new motorization propose an increased power and a stall torque of 22 CH and 25 Nm. Consumption as for it is decreased by 0,2 l/100 on a mixed cycle European MVEG. On the RS phase2, the intake system was re-examined in order to optimize the availability with bottom or average mode. In addition to a new air filter of higher volume, the admission of the dual-mode type is controlled with double conduit: Only one conduit is opened with low mode to support the couple. The two conduits are opened with high mode to optimize the filling of the engine and thus the power. The conduits were redrawn for a better acoustic agreement with weak mode and also a reduction of the noise level. The new catalyst allows a profit in filling and satisfied the standards with depollution IF05.
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Thread Information