25 original remote-keys
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

25 original remote-keys

Can anyone advise me where to look for an original infa-red remote for my R25 ?
    Renault dealers are as helpful as T**s on a bull ..

cheers
    James

Advertisement

James when i bought my 19 the remote blipper was missing but after chasing around found that i had to buy the internal receiver and the key section as "a set". It was so ridiculous but got it fixed in the end. Noone knew anything about it.
    EAI imports in Melbourne knew about it though.

Maybe give them a call. Also caravelle imports knew about it too maybe they can help out...

danielsydney:
    James when i bought my 19 the remote blipper was missing but after chasing around found that i had to buy the internal receiver and the key section as "a set". It was so ridiculous but got it fixed in the end. Noone knew anything about it.
    EAI imports in Melbourne knew about it though.

Maybe give them a call. Also caravelle imports knew about it too maybe they can help out...
    Yep, the Plip remote and receiver are a factory matched set. However I seem to remember seeing on this forum or Katriina's pages, or was even told about, that the transmitter (gadget on the key ring) develops dry joints internally similiar to the 25 fuel gauge problems. Touch up the solder joints, bingo, Le Plip was again operative.

Also I seem to remember that BogMaster may have some Plip sets. But again try the usual places, Caravelle/ French Connection etc.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

I'd be interested in the outcome for my R25
    chris

Alas, BogMaster did have some plip sets...none of which was verifiably working and one of which was in a box proclaiming returned from the French Embassy, but he traded them and some other stuff for Luke's old tricoleur 15TS...I don't know if Luke had any joy with them, but he might be worth a try.
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

I have the original Renault keys along with the infra-red remote for my R25. Unfortunately, the system doesn't seem to work. I replaced the batteries in the remote and it appears to work fine (LED is coming on), however, it doesn't seem to be picked up by the receiving unit. Anyone have any ideas on a fix?

Thanks,
    Skip.

Try disassembling the remote, (one screw holds the PC board and the lens should pop out. Watch out for the little springs on the switch!

Clean the lens and casing of the remote with warm water.

Check the PC board - you may find some dry joints which will require resoldering (anyone with an R25 will be familiar with this!) - you should need to just touch the joint with a soldering iron to fix. Do this to any joint that looks "cloudy" or has a "cratered" appearance.

Clean battery contacts (and batteries) with contact cleaner or methalayted spirits. If the battery contacts look oxidised, clean them with a pencil eraser.

Reassemble and test, often this will fix your problem.

Mostly it seems the remote is at fault, the receiver end doesn't seem to suffer these problems...
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

My plip sender on my Fuego was working until the lens fell out of it and lost. Can the sender work without a lens?

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Hi Guys,

for a remote replacement try here, this infra red remote replacement should work on all french cars wink

<a href="http://www.citroen-andre.com/" target="_blank">http://www.citroen-andre.com/</a>

Look under "special offers"

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Forgot to add,

you'll probably find fitting an imobiliser/alarm is MUCH cheaper than fixing/replacing the le plips. You'll also get 2or3keys with the alarm, all of which will probaly have 2year warrantys

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

renaulturbo:
    My plip sender on my Fuego was working until the lens fell out of it and lost. Can the sender work without a lens?
    Yes, it will work, but over time you will probably find the remote will be damaged from all the stuff you get in your pockets then entering the Plip device!
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

DoubleChevron:
    Forgot to add,

you'll probably find fitting an imobiliser/alarm is MUCH cheaper than fixing/replacing the le plips. You'll also get 2or3keys with the alarm, all of which will probaly have 2year warrantys
    Shanes point is a good one, also the advantage of a imobiliser is that the keys emit a radio frequency instead of infrared, which means they will work from further away and well as not needing to be precisely aimed at the car.

For extra range, you can utilise the rear window demister matrix (works beautifully!)

Disadvantage? - Finding a sparky who will install the system properly without leaving a god-awful mess of patched wiring under the dash. Best if you can do it yourself...

Yeah ive got an immobiliser but the only thing ive managed to connect properely is the LED light on the dash . I cant get the doors to open with the remote despite greay efforts....I'll have to get ripped off by a sparkie! At least people THINK ive got an immobiliser with that red LED flashing....

Well,

the imobiliser bit is easy on carby cars, all you can do is run the live to the coil through the alarm (though if I was ever going to pinch a carby car, I'd just snip the wires to the coil, the with two wire alligator clamps on it, hot wire the thing....). Yeah my cars are carby, and they'd all take about 3seconds for anyone that can open a bonnet to pinch.

I think I've mentioned this before, but if you drop the receiver down out of the roof you'll find a couple of light wires running to it. You'll find by touching them to ground or 12volts will cause the car to unlock/lock. Most alarms/immobilisers will have outputs for both '+' and '-' triggering. Once you've found the right wire it's easy.

Just as easy would be to piggy back off the back of the central locking switch inside the car. Though you would be doing exactly the same thing.

I fitted one of these to my brothers fuego, but I'm stuffed if I can remember how we wired it :p

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Thread Information