New Clio Sport
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: New Clio Sport

New Clio Sport

Anyone got one? I want to hear from anyone that has one or has driven one. A mate is looking at buying one, but we are unsure of what they are like over time, rather than a review where they have driven it for 5 mins.

Advertisement

Opinions please.

I went in Craig Bradneys 2000 model clio and I didnt drive it but I was a passenger. It was a fantastic car to ride in and very, very quick.If i could drive a manual id have one.

bob
    1000+ Posts
    Daniel

Manuals are useful ?

Bob

1000+ Posts
    CAR magazine just had its performance car of the year, which is days of testing on windy roads and a racetrack, then a jaunt to France to test in Alpine roads. The Clio Sport 172 got down to the final 6 out of 22, in such company as the Ferrari 360 Spider, TVR Tamora, Porsche 911 GT2, Mitsubishi Evo VII and BMW M3. That's a pretty good result...things like the Porsche Boxster, and Lotus Elise were eliminated over a series of tests. It compared favourably with the M3 and Evo in many ways. They reckon the Evo is the fastest car point to point you can buy, bar none. Oh, the Ferrari won...

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Sounds like a strange comparison to make. Given that if you had the cash to buy one of the other 5, you would, just like if you didnt have enough you would get the Clio. So where does that leave the poor buggers who shell out over 100G only to have a mag write it off to a 30K "girls car"(not really).
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

I don't know about the Clio models out here but my bro works for TWR (on the V6-Clio) He reacons that its a great car as long as you can handle it. I suppose the 172 is a little more subtle in its ways. V6 tends to spin if you push it too hard.(Which isn't hard to do)

Some say that the Sport has taken the reigns of "THE HOT HATCH" to have off the 205 T-16.

But whatever its a hell of a lot of fun. Nice to see some unstable person is still creating over powered, basically useless sports cars that us commoners may one day afford.

Jono
    1989 BX16Valve

"Resting" 1983 505 STi

Yup, i've heard that the mid engined clio v6's are evil spin machines, aka renault 5 turbo

ill go for one of the clio sport 172's tho
    make those guys of performanceforums have a bit of RESPEKT

Thanks guys. Might try and take one for a spin this weekend. Do you reckon it will be much different to our GTi6? (besides it obviously being quicker and only having 5 gears).

Let us know what you think if you take one for a spin (not literally I hope!)

'05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

My mate picked up his Clio Sport yesterday and we went for a quick spin. It only had 68kms on the clock but **** me its quick. Our GTi6 would be left for dead (well thats how it feels).

Once I rode the clutch a bit for a swift takeoff and it literally sprinted to redline in first. I know, I know you shouldn't do it on a new engine, but it caught me off guard.

And, it really has a LOT of oversteer dialled into it. It makes the GTi6 feel like it understeers. Spin City, here we come.

Thread Information