Renault Laguna Speedo
  • Register
  • Help

Renault Laguna Speedo

I just received a Renault brochure today and I noticed something very strange about the Laguna Speedo. It actually runs backwards (ie anti-clockwise). I checked the photo and it was not printed back to front.

Is this common among Renaults (or French cars) or is it something unique to the Laguna?

Advertisement

And is there any logic to it?
    You're not paranoid if everyone hates you.

Yep your right it runs backwards, I've never seen this before on any Renault and I don't know the reasons, theres probably a good one, it must look weid having the speedo and tacho go in opposite directions.
    David.

David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Fellow Frogger!
    Could it have anything to do being able to view the instruments?

I had another look at the picture and realised that the speedo runs backwards so that at idle, instruments are symmetrical. I guess it was designed to satisfy the stylists and grab attention.

Personally, I think it is a silly gimmick like some other features of the car like credit card key and loads of LCD screens. Perhaps these gimmcks are a distraction from its reportedly mediocre dynamics and a desperation to compete with the Ford Mondeo and the VW Passat.

The Laguna is disappointing considering what the French are capable of. There's nothing wrong with the Laguna of course, but the new VW Passat or the Ford Mondeo would make a much better buy.

[This message has been edited by billtran (edited 04 May 2001).]
    You're not paranoid if everyone hates you.

I noticed that as well, but somehow all the Lagunas I've seen have the speedo & tacho the right way round

What do you think of the new Laguna?

Cheers,

Justin

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

I had a look at the new Laguna today (just for fun) at Randwick & it really is a truly fantastic car. For some reason the wagon is a lot cheaper than the Hatch for some reason. It was a really luxurious car to sit in. I also love the rear window blinds.

danielsydney:
    I had a look at the new Laguna today (just for fun) at Randwick & it really is a truly fantastic car. For some reason the wagon is a lot cheaper than the Hatch for some reason. It was a really luxurious car to sit in. I also love the rear window blinds.
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

nJm
    So, in the brouchers it has the speedo reversed, but in real life they are normal?

Maybe they had to have it changed for the Aus Design rules? Thats like BMW had to move the speedo in the new Mini to being infront of the steeringwheel instead of the centre of the dash- so now the Aussie Mini's have the worlds biggest tacho in the centre of their dash...
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

It looks great...but those lttle gimmicks...are they going to cost you big bucks down the track should you be cashed up enough to buy one now?

Will you be able to find a competent aftermarket mechanic who won't charge you and arm and a leg to fix it when it misbehaves....?

I have to say that the current grumblings on the Peugeot list have made me think 38 times about looking at newer cars.

The technical gimmickry is great but only while it lasts. tongue
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

The Estate is cheaper than the hatch? Is this because of discounts?

Not on the basis of RRP though, the wagons cost $4000 more than their hatch counterparts.

Laguna's nice, but I think things like the Renault Card are more gimmicky than useful. It's too fat to put into your wallet and a bit cumbersome to attach to your keychain.

In regards to the picture, the weird speedo's only in the range brochure, not the actual Laguna model brochure.

What does the synthesized voice in the Laguna sound like?

Cheers,

Justin

<small>[ 16 June 2002, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Pug307 ]</small>

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

I agree with all of you. The technical gimmicks are good but if they break down you are looking at big dollars and having to find someone to fix them.

Thread Information