AUS Renault happenings for 2006
  • Register
  • Help

Default AUS Renault happenings for 2006

Ripped from Drive.con

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/ar...?id=10906&vf=1

Renault

A seven-seat version of the Scenic - unimaginatively called the Grand Scenic (why is every big people-mover called Grand?) - is due mid-year. A limited edition of Megane convertible is due this month and it will have different leather seats and a larger rear wind deflector.
    The Laguna sedan and wagon are due for a facelift near the end of the year and may include a diesel version. Renault is also looking at a diesel Megane and Scenic but these models are yet to be approved locally.
    The arrival of the all-new Clio has been pushed out to 2007 because the current car is still being built and gives Renault a price advantage locally. The new model is also likely to be dearer.
    However, if we're lucky, we may see the all-new Clio Sport hot hatch at the end of 2006, to create a boost for the rest of the Clio range due in early 2007.

Anybody know where Renault are sourcing the old model Renault Clio from? It seems strange that the new Clio is delayed until 2007. And no new RSC until late in the year at the earliest, in a year when they would be best placed to capitalise on their F1 success? Sounds like it will be another year of pulling hair out for VDA again, the delayed launch of the Grand Scenic, and mention of a facelifted Laguna at the end of 2006. Would this be after they have finally cleared current stocks of their old model Laguna?

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

I guess they don't want to be bringing in Phase I Grand Scénic IIs although that is a shame, and don't forget, the Clio III RS isnt due in Europe until March/April. I'm not sure where the Clio II is still be produced, surely is somewhere, however there might be a nice backlog to arrive in Oz to be sold. They are still being sold here.
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    2001 Clio Sport 172 (23/85)
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    I guess they don't want to be bringing in Phase I Grand Scénic IIs although that is a shame
    Thing is after being trawled around the motorshows early last year and promoted in the Scenic brochures as being slated for release in late 2005 they will be starting to lose momentum as competitors come onto the market. Although I must admit I've not seen a lot of the new Scenics, a shame really as they look much nicer and classier than the old model.

the Clio III RS isnt due in Europe until March/April.
    It may be less critical in Europe, but in Australia the F1 aspect is something that really must be capitalised on. With no "cheap" halo sports car (apart from RSM 225) it must make things hard in terms of promotion and brand association. Hopefully it does get here for the Sydney Motor Show just when Renault F1 will have won again!

I'm not sure where the Clio II is still be produced, surely is somewhere, however there might be a nice backlog to arrive in Oz to be sold.
    That's what I'm thinking too :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    Anybody know where Renault are sourcing the old model Renault Clio from?
    A big paddock in Dandenong? :-)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Craig
    I guess they don't want to be bringing in Phase I Grand Scénic IIs although that is a shame

Thing is after being trawled around the motorshows early last year and promoted in the Scenic brochures as being slated for release in late 2005 they will be starting to lose momentum as competitors come onto the market. Although I must admit I've not seen a lot of the new Scenics, a shame really as they look much nicer and classier than the old model.
    Where is the Citroen C8? Also the Renault Espace?

Fellow Frogger!

A quick look on www.renault.fr will show the Clio II still being sold in its Clio Campus guise. The UK site has it too and I'm sure they want to allow people to live in 4 star safety with a little less room and less weight while bringing in the bigger 5 star car.
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

Fellow Frogger!

[QUOTE=Simon]Thing is after being trawled around the motorshows early last year and promoted in the Scenic brochures as being slated for release in late 2005 they will be starting to lose momentum as competitors come onto the market. Although I must admit I've not seen a lot of the new Scenics, a shame really as they look much nicer and classier than the old model./QUOTE]

Being in Sydney over Xmas I was pretty happy with the number of new Renaults I did see on the roads actually. Every drive I saw at least one, perhaps more. Sometimes even 10+ different ones which given the small distances I travelled (<50km) I was happy. I even saw a few new Lagunas which was impressive.
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

A quick look on www.renault.fr will show the Clio II still being sold in its Clio Campus guise. The UK site has it too and I'm sure they want to allow people to live in 4 star safety with a little less room and less weight while bringing in the bigger 5 star car.
    I would guess though that there would not be a special run of 2006 build Clio II's for Australia of the Expression/Authentique/Privilege models.

Fellow Frogger!

I'm sure all the range are still being made if they are on sale in France still.
    2013 Grand Kangoo
    2011 Megane 3 RS
    1997 Spider (No. 652)
    1988 5 GT Turbo Phase II
    1968 10

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    .... Would this be after they have finally cleared current stocks of their old model Laguna?
    Interestingly, the Renault AUSTRALIA website now has no mention of the Laguna. I have a non-existant car...

Do you think we will see the facelifted Megane?

Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED
    Do you think we will see the facelifted Megane?

Stalled
    Yes, it is coming.

Good to see that Renault Australia are looking at bringing in diesels. They've been a bit slow off the mark there.
    '02 Renaultsport Clio
    '69 MGB Mk II (Group S race car)

Thread Information