ren 19 auto problem
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger! dave from bendigo's Avatar

Default ren 19 auto problem

Hi folks, possibly have a bad problem with my r19 auto trans, I was driving into town yesterday and pulled up at the intersection, when I went to take off I had no gears, the trans was revving to about 1500-2000 before moving off very slowly and then constantly slipping, reverse still goes but forward is caput. Do people know if this is a simple low fluid or need changing of fluid, or if the trans in as I say Caput. The thing is if it is caput I had no prior warning, it had been fine until that spot, where it just stopped working. I have not driven it since, please help.

Advertisement
    "Some minds are like concrete...all mixed up and permanently set."

First thing that springs to mind is oil level, second thing is that the box has gone into "limp home" mode - electrical failure?
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Hi, in "limp mode" you could drive the car ( it is like going in 3rd gear all the time). Have it check by auto trnsm experts, but it does'nt look good.

Cheers Greg

Mine was in the limp mode when I had it and it was a broken solonoid. Quite expensive.

You might also want to check the fuse for the auto, you'll get a similar effect if it's blown.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Thread Information