R 25 question
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: R 25 question

Default R 25 question

Here's a question for all you Renault 25 types out there. After a lot of searching, I've managed to get hold of a wing-type boot-lid spoiler from a TXI, which I'm hoping to fit to my TXE. The question is, when I take the spoiler off my TXE, will I be able to use the same mounting holes to fit the new wing? I actually doubt it, as there are 4 pairs of mounting bolts on the wing-type, and I doubt there will be for the much smaller TXE spoiler.

Advertisement

Good question, had it been about a Phase I R25, you might find a few more replies - not many Phase II's in Australia (either sold or still running!)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

For a laugh, I'll post some pics of the extra 'spoiler' on the top of the stock one the PO put on.

Not much help tho,

Sorry... David.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

Cant help with your spoiler question (as mentioned, we only really got Phase 1 here), but am interested to know about your TXi parts source. Did you get it from a car in abreakers yard? Am asking because I am very keen to find a source for some rear disc brakes from a TXi to convert my Phase 1 GTX to rear disc.
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon
    Cant help with your spoiler question (as mentioned, we only really got Phase 1 here), but am interested to know about your TXi parts source. Did you get it from a car in abreakers yard? Am asking because I am very keen to find a source for some rear disc brakes from a TXi to convert my Phase 1 GTX to rear disc.
    I'd be interested in the same;

David.

Hi, and thanks for the input- not that it answers the question!! Lol. Strange that the phase 2 wasn't as successful as the phase 1 down there in Aus. I always thought it was a much more visually pleasing design. I've had 2 phase 1s and 3 phase 2s. As for the parts source, I bought a complete TXI on e-bay for eighty pounds!! There's currently at least two more for sale on UK e-bay, and they fetch next to nothing. Even an allegedly mint, relatively low milage example with a brand new MoT is only asking 495 pounds. I'd have it myself if I had the cash spare and anywhere to put it!!!

Thread Information