Avantime & Vel Satis
  • Register
  • Help

Default Avantime & Vel Satis

Hi
    Has anyone privately imported either an Avantime or Vel Satis into Australia or NZ? I correspond with someone from the Avantime club in Germany, and someone else in the UK, but wondered whether anyone has one (or more) locally.
    Paul

Advertisement

Well there was a flat grey Val Satan at the French Car Day a few years back that Renault Aust had here as a evaluation car, who knows where that went, maybe NZ???

Only ever seen a Avantime at the melbourne motor show and in the wilds of germany driving around, good looking car, just missed the public mark

http://www.avantime-gallery.org/

http://fr.cars.yahoo.com/news/renault1.html
    http://images.google.com/images?q=Ve...=Search+Images

http://www.findit.co.uk/cars/renault.php
    Look under Val Satan, gives you a idea of UK prices..... for what it is worth

For Sale Castle Donington* renault velsatis Satis 2.2 dCi Privilege 2003/03 Metallic Grey, 41367 miles, 8499.00
    For Sale Castle Donington* renault velsatis Satis 2.0 T Expression 2002/52 Met Grey, 39566 miles, 7799.00
    Free Ads
    For Sale Eastleigh, Hampshire renault velsatis 2.0 T 16V Expression Auto 2003/53 BLUE, 23000 miles, 9995.00
    For Sale Kings Lynn, Norfolk renault velsatis Privilege 3498cc 2002/02 Blue, 13000 miles, 15995.00
    For Sale SWINDON, Wiltshire renault velsatis 3.0 V6 dCi Privilege /Diesel 2003/03 Beige, 25000 miles, 10995.00
    For Sale Epsom, Surrey renault velsatis 2.0 T 16V Expression 2003/03 BEIGE, 13983 miles, 11999.00
    Last edited by Covert; 13th January 2006 at 11:41 PM.

The Vel Satis is listed in some NZ motoring publications as being on Renault NZs price list, and I did see one at the local Renault dealer in Chch last year. Now they just stick with the Espace. I sat in one a few years ago. Amazing interior, shame about the exterior - it just misses the mark!! Avantime on the other hand is amazing both inside and out - it didn't deserve to fail. I was given a ride in a 2 litre Turbo model last time i was in the UK and I loved it. Definitely a car on my list of must-haves!

The only Vel Satis I saw was the dark metallic blue one at the Sydney motorshow, I think this one went on to NZ.
    I thought the exterior was o.k. and would probably grow on me, but, wow what an interior, I would be very happy cruising in there!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

I have been in both cars as French taxis only 3 weeks ago in France. My friend in France has a the 3.0 diesel vel satis automatic. I drove it and I loved it.
    I WANT ONE!!!!

Default Avantime

I did hear that there were still some varieties sitting (new) not sold in the UK and like any car that is obsolete & doesn't sell, will probably be returned to the factory for "disposal" - Crush-crush.

I have photo's clipped from a magazine some 30-years ago of the last of the unsold DS Citroens sitting up to their sills in water in a yard at the factory waiting to be disposed of in the crusher. Doesn't bear thinking about now, which is why the situation with the Avantimes is so poignant if true.
    Paul

I have photo's clipped from a magazine some 30-years ago of the last of the unsold DS Citroens sitting up to their sills in water in a yard at the factory waiting to be disposed of in the crusher. Doesn't bear thinking about now, which is why the situation with the Avantimes is so poignant if true.
    Paul
    A real tragedy. That sounds awful.

Thread Information