R17 Wheels
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: R17 Wheels

Default R17 Wheels

Hey Guys,

Well i am doing some homework on a few bits to suit a R17 before i buy it.

I have alreay asked about the seats, but now its wheels.

I have seen a few 17's on these wheels, i think they are 15 inch, but have no idea what brand, an if they still can be purchased.

Anyone know?

[IMG][/IMG]

I would love the car thats attached to these wheels but a 17 will have to do

Advertisement

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Dom
    2017 Renault Koleos Intens Pearl white
    2014 RenaultSport Megane 275 Trophy RST 275
    1976 Renault 17 Gordini ... Welcome "Edwin"
    1967 R10 Round Eye ...Aug 16 gone but not forgotten
    1967 R8 Gordini 1135 ... Welcome "Jimmy Gordini"

Those are Performance Supalite wheels and can be ordered through any wheel dealer. I have a set on my 4CV (15 x 6) and Reno17 had a set on his 17 in 15" x6" with 195/50/15 tyres. Around $200 ea. They are actually a 4WD wheel so the 150mm PCD fits on, and as such have extra gusseting to give strength and add about 750 grams.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

Quote Originally Posted by alan moore
    Those are Performance Supalite wheels and can be ordered through any wheel dealer. I have a set on my 4CV (15 x 6) and Reno17 had a set on his 17 in 15" x6" with 195/50/15 tyres. Around $200 ea. They are actually a 4WD wheel so the 150mm PCD fits on, and as such have extra gusseting to give strength and add about 750 grams.

Hey thanks Alan,

Was Reno17 car green? .... if it was ... i was thinking of buying ages ago ... i liked the look of it on that car.

I guess you can buy it with a 3 stud option

I will ring them in the morning, thanks
    Dom

Yeah that was my car Dom.
    Some days wish I still had it.

Superlites really set the car off, but to really put the icing on the cake, I recommend you drop it a couple of inches, just to fill the guards.
    With the big rims, and lowered suspension, it'll be an absolute joy to drive.

I just ordered them as Blank rims, and the guys at the wheel shop drilled them to suit the 3 X 150 stud pattern.

I think the Superlite is your only option with aftermarket rims anyhow, as it has the big base in the centre which will accomadate the wide 3 stud pattern. Great looking rim though.

1967 1135 R8 Gordini
    2012 BMW One Series M Coupe

As current custodian of the green 17, I can vouch for the fun factor

...and makes the car look sharp enough to give you a paper cut.

I reckon superlites would also look superb on a 15...or on the Fuego, when the TRX's finally wear out, although a set of R25 alloys will probably win that contest.

...and can recommend the Fuego seats as well, although have to say the original 15/17 seats are amazingly comfortable, if not quite as spaceage as the Series II/Alpine A310 ones.

Anyone know if the R5 Turbo2 in the picture is the same one that was at the SA FCD in September and/or the one that used to live in Qld? (Car has Vic. numberplate, but looks like a Stobie Pole in the background, so I'm guessing the pic. may have been taken in SA).

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Ghost
    Anyone know if the R5 Turbo2 in the picture is the same one that was at the SA FCD in September and/or the one that used to live in Qld?
    Yes to both questions.

I was drooling over that green 17 when it came up for sale.
    superlights look Ok on a fuego, but wrong.Best part is you dont see the rear drum.I'm running one as my spare at the moment, but they are basicly the wrong era wheel for the fuego.Cortina, mini,triumph and most 60-70's british cars look totally cool with superlights,though.I'd have the same feeling about putting twelve slots, or hotwires or centrelines on a fuego. these wheels are just too iconic to put on just any car, and the fuego can actually look normal with modern wheels on it.
    Jo

1000+ Posts

Is Team Turbo going to have a 17 as a khana car?

how aboot:
    http://www.dot4.net/~GBS/wheel/gotti/eng/a53.html
    (pretty average)

http://www.dot4.net/~GBS/wheel/gotti/eng/x13.html
    (nice, but mite look a little too A110)

[QUOTE=nate]Is Team Turbo going to have a 17 as a khana car?

Hmmmmm never know ..but at the price he is asking for it ... dont think i would want to Khana it .... by the time i put new wheels, tidy up the inside, dont want to then go wrap it around a tree or something

You have seen the way i drive ...could you image it

Just looking at the moment ... i think that Red Feugo that sold on Ebay yesterday for $800 would have been the ideal Khana car ...
    Dom

I'm also looking for the right wheels for a 17. I have some simmons 15x6 wheels with fuego centres, so am toying with the idea of converting to 4 stud and using them. However, I'm not sure whether their offsets would suit.

Does anyone know what the offsets of the superlites are, how well they fill out the wheel arches and whether there are any rubbing problems with the 195x50 tyres mentioned?

Default R25 alloy wheels

I have found R25 alloys to be very soft and they endup buckled or out of round with little impact

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Ghost
    As current custodian of the green 17, I can vouch for the fun factor

...and makes the car look sharp enough to give you a paper cut.

I reckon superlites would also look superb on a 15...or on the Fuego, when the TRX's finally wear out, although a set of R25 alloys will probably win that contest.

...and can recommend the Fuego seats as well, although have to say the original 15/17 seats are amazingly comfortable, if not quite as spaceage as the Series II/Alpine A310 ones.

Anyone know if the R5 Turbo2 in the picture is the same one that was at the SA FCD in September and/or the one that used to live in Qld? (Car has Vic. numberplate, but looks like a Stobie Pole in the background, so I'm guessing the pic. may have been taken in SA).

Fellow Frogger!

Have owned a r25 with alloys for 15+ years.

Yes they are soft, yes they do buckle, but they don't crack!!!!!

I've had them re-rolled twice, done some decent kerb whacks, hit some fantastic potholes........

I've seen rice cars with cracks after glancing up kerbs!

Properly cleaned up they look good, and have the same DNA as the car.
    Don't have to worry bout PCD.

The Belgium rims are better than the French ones in my opinion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R17 Wheels-r25.jpg  

The 25 rims look OK on a Fuego but do not have a centre hole so balancing has to be done at only certain tyre shops that have the necessary gear.
    Yes they are soft, but you are supposed to dodge the holes.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

Fellow Frogger!

Default Wheels on 15 * 5" superlites rubbing

Hi Alby,

I had the guards on my R17 lipped (with a hammer) and I run the same 15 * 6" superlites on my car, it still rubbed a little on big bumps. Bearing in mind that mine has also had the springs retempered and lowered, also running extra 1 degree negative camber on the front too, so that could all be having an effect.

Don't know the offset off by hand- my brother who has a tyre shop organised them for me- Ash (Reno17) would probably know off the top of his head?!

Makes a huge difference to how the car handles- let alone looks, in my opinion no matter what you do to those factory rostyles you can never make it look as good as with the superlites.

It also means you can pick up some good high performance tyres for it more easily too.

I'd probably recommend getting them (the guards) slightly flared if you could affort it...

Regards Ben

Quote Originally Posted by 85Fuego
    Have owned a r25 with alloys for 15+ years.

Yes they are soft, yes they do buckle, but they don't crack!!!!!

I've had them re-rolled twice, done some decent kerb whacks, hit some fantastic potholes........

I've seen rice cars with cracks after glancing up kerbs!

Properly cleaned up they look good, and have the same DNA as the car.
    Don't have to worry bout PCD.

The Belgium rims are better than the French ones in my opinion.
    who worries about PCD .They fit or they dont,No worries.
    Its offset that is my worry.
    Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Renault17
    Hi Alby,

I had the guards on my R17 lipped (with a hammer) and I run the same 15 * 6" superlites on my car, it still rubbed a little on big bumps. Bearing in mind that mine has also had the springs retempered and lowered, also running extra 1 degree negative camber on the front too, so that could all be having an effect.

Don't know the offset off by hand- my brother who has a tyre shop organised them for me- Ash (Reno17) would probably know off the top of his head?!

Makes a huge difference to how the car handles- let alone looks, in my opinion no matter what you do to those factory rostyles you can never make it look as good as with the superlites.

It also means you can pick up some good high performance tyres for it more easily too.

I'd probably recommend getting them (the guards) slightly flared if you could affort it...

Regards Ben
    Thanks Ben,

They sound just right. I love the wheels to be out near the edge of the guards and am quite happy to roll them or have them slightly flared. Thanks for the info. I'll go to a wheel place tommorrow and see if they know of them

Cheers
    Alby

Thread Information