oil filters
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: oil filters

Default oil filters

Anyone know a good source for the z71 oil filters? I will soon need to do the filters and oil in my 10 and 16 and need some of the damn things. My mechanic friend had some lying around last time but not any more. I have been to a few stores without much luck, including one guy who hadnt even heard of renault (I guess the sound of his VN doin ringies in the carpark after work has addled his limited brains, and the smell of burning oil, clutch, tyres has clouded his judgment).

Any ideas and prices for adelaide?

Advertisement

Julian

Fellow Frogger!

Default Z71 Oil filters.

I have had no problem ordering them through suppliers such as repco, or by giving Ken a call at carravell nothjngs a problem for him
    as for R10 air filter try one from a slant 6 valiant they fit in well.
    Cheers Peter

Agree with above, the Purflux filters from Ken at Caravelle Imports in Melbourne via very simple mail order are easy to obtain.

If mail order scares you, they can also be obtained from Volksparts at 375 Main North Rd Enfield, they incorporate the old Jacques Thoridnet Renault/Peugeot parts business.

Thanks guys
    J

bob
    1000+ Posts

there was a thread here a long long long time ago that advised against RYCO filters with their big containers.... Take fractionaly longer to fill than the little froggie ones - said to be not good for bearings. I know that they all are supposed to have anti-flow-back-valves... but it's worth thinking about.
    Cheers
    Bob

Thread Information