Top Gear Monday
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Top Gear Monday

Default Top Gear Monday

Don't know if anyboby else is interested but Top Gear this Monday on SBS 7:30 PM has a segment on Renault People Movers. I think I will try to watch.
    Cheers C-nick

Advertisement

NFG

Don't we all watch Top Gear as a matter of course? I can't tear myself away.

Thats a good episode, if anyone has broadband and can use bittorrent, a visit to http://www.finalgear.com will point you to torrents of most episodes.

SBS is currently showing season 6
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote Originally Posted by c-nick
    Don't know if anyboby else is interested but Top Gear this Monday on SBS 7:30 PM has a segment on Renault People Movers. I think I will try to watch.
    Cheers C-nick
    From memory It's not that complimentory on the people movers - but it's sure funny...

People mover grand prix anyone?
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    Thats a good episode, if anyone has broadband and can use bittorrent, a visit to http://www.finalgear.com will point you to torrents of most episodes.

SBS is currently showing season 6
    Actually only series 5.. and series 7 just ended in the UK, only 6 episodes of it this time around Say does anyone here have series 4 on their computer? Used to have it until a harddrive failure, willing to swap episodes for it

(And its a tribute to renault people movers you won't learn anything useful unless you want to start a historic people mover series as well )
    Last edited by ilek300; 9th January 2006 at 12:47 AM.

Anyone see the Bugatti Veyron episode. Such a nice car and so it should be. I watch them both when I remember they are on but I think I like 5th Gear more. Jeremy Clarkson is funny, anyone see 'Jeremy Clarkson meets the neighbours'? but I like Tiff Needel and Jason Platto on 5th Gear as they both have racing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ilek300
    Actually only series 5.. and series 7 just ended in the UK, only 6 episodes of it this time around Say does anyone here have series 4 on their computer? Used to have it until a harddrive failure, willing to swap episodes for it
    I've got every ep from season 3 onwards - about 14.3 Gb worth if your interested
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchPeugeot
    Anyone see the Bugatti Veyron episode. Such a nice car and so it should be. I watch them both when I remember they are on but I think I like 5th Gear more. Jeremy Clarkson is funny, anyone see 'Jeremy Clarkson meets the neighbours'? but I like Tiff Needel and Jason Platto on 5th Gear as they both have racing experience.
    True - they have racing experience - but all Tiff seems to do is lair about sideways around every corner - last time I checked that wasnt the quickest way around a circuit. Looks good though and no doubt keeps the drifters happy.

FG has been hampered by it's 1/2 format until this season - which was better but for entertainment value it's still well short of what TG churns out. The whole FG office scenes looked a bit too "staged" for my liking. That said if I only had a choice between FG and say DriveTV I'd take FG every time.

Oh - the other positive thing about FG is VBH!

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    I've got every ep from season 3 onwards - about 14.3 Gb worth if your interested
    Yes please I'm interested! I can bring my laptop around if you've got some time free.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Quote Originally Posted by U Turn
    Yes please I'm interested! I can bring my laptop around if you've got some time free.
    If your not hungover and make it to our next drive - that your organising btw I can bring my portable HDD. Either that or give me a buzz and come up I'll copy them over for you in a jiffy. Along with anything else you may want too

Yeah Tiff always likes to keep it sideways around turns. But I spose it is a good way to see how well it handles. Although when they're putting 2 cars against each other it sort of brings doubts of the outcome being relevent. I like Fifth Gear more also because they have more interesting features like when they filmed the process of a guy buying a F1 car. Top Gear also has good features like one recently on purchasing a supercar for under the price of a second hand Ford Mondeo but they seem to waste too much time on them. But not to say that Top Gear isn't one of my favourite shows. I'm glad SBS picked it up because it was too hard to catch it on BBC news on Foxtel. Are these videos you speak of good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchPeugeot
    Are these videos you speak of good quality.
    They are very good quality - I can play them from the laptop (via s-video out) to the tv without any issues at all - Have even got my wife interested in watching them! TG is about 350mb per episode.

I have been underwhelmed by Top Gear really, eg the segment last Monday on caravan conkers was utter crap & deserved to be on Braniac...

I suppose being a couple of years old does not help the interest levels in the news/bs chatter, but even so they should leave the comedy to the comedians. Or better still get a comedian on the show like Trevor Marmalade on the Footy Show.

Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoy watching the Ferrari vs Aston stuff though!

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    Have even got my wife interested in watching them! TG is about 350mb per episode.
    I've been told if my partner ever sees a report on the Pagani Zonda again, she's going to scream hehe
    Last edited by Europa; 9th January 2006 at 02:13 PM.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Quote Originally Posted by johnh875
    I Or better still get a comedian on the show like Trevor Marmalade on the Footy Show.
    ummmm No.

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    ummmm No.
    Damn straight!

Fellow Frogger!

I have been underwhelmed by Top Gear really, eg the segment last Monday on caravan conkers was utter crap & deserved to be on Braniac...

Actually Brainiac stole alot of the TG ideas. I'm not that young, but I found the conkers game pretty funny - and I'd seen it before on Channel BT!

I suppose being a couple of years old does not help the interest levels in the news/bs chatter, but even so they should leave the comedy to the comedians. Or better still get a comedian on the show like Trevor Marmalade on the Footy Show.

Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoy watching the Ferrari vs Aston stuff though!
    I agree... Top Gear sadly bores me... I like the reviews.. But the comedy is lame.
    Clint

Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

Ill be rushing home to see that hopefully ill see the Grand Espace?

Icon14

watching top gear tonight, episode with clarksons' 9:59 at nurburgring. did anyone catch the blue rsc overtaking clarksons' jag on his earlier laps. sabine is certainly a competent driver 9:12 hahaha

hammonds' segment on the inaugural people mover cup, what a laugh. the v6 in his espace, he should have won

e.sport

Quote Originally Posted by e.sport

hammonds' segment on the inaugural people mover cup, what a laugh. the v6 in his espace, he should have won

e.sport
    hey I want a renault sport version of the scenic!!
    1970 R12, stupidly sold in 1983
    1976 504, died 1994 to my disgrace
    Various cheap nasty fridges on wheels I'm not going to confess to and are long gone anyway
    2002 Clio 1.6
    2005 Scenic II

Default www.nurburgring.org.uk - good site

Of course this is a past top gear and not as current as the foxtel ones, but the fact we can watch it on free to air is fantastic, I really like clarkson in the jag and Sabine Schmitz giving him a run for his money, what a driver she is....

The Ring Taxis (there are two) are V10 BMW M5s with modified suspension and brakes, one of them driven by Sabine Schmitz (formerly Sabine Reck). Both come highly recommended, but Sabine is said to be faster. A lap costs €175, but can take three passengers so it's pretty good value split three ways. In fact, it's excellent value as it is reputed that it costs BMW €480 per lap. (Following an accident years ago in which either a wheel or suspension component failed, BMW changes the tyres every 10 laps, the brake-pads every 20 laps and the suspension every 50 laps. The cars are replaced annually.)
    http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/taxi.html

video with sabine
    http://www.jwhubbers.nl/ring/sabine/taxi_vid.php

----------------->
    On Top Gear tonight they had Sabine (the BMW Ring-taxi driver) giving Jeremy Clarkson some help as he tried to go under 10 minutes in a new diesel Jaguar. It was a pretty good episode as they showed him practising for a day and a bit trying to break the time. You could tell he was really trying as well because he nearly stacked it a couple of times! The best bit was at the end when he managed it by 1 second (9.59) and Sabine said "I could do that in a van!". Then she went out and knocked nearly a minute off his time with her first lap in the car!
    ----------------->

Here is a great nurburgring site - links area
    http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/links.html

Quote Originally Posted by e.sport
    the v6 in his espace, he should have won
    But did you see the understeer in the thing though, the original truffle seeking pig! No wonder the four cylinder car beat him!

As for Sabine, it will be good to see her punt the van around the 'ring!

Not completely sure but I think she holds the lap record around the Nurburgring in an M3 whether its one of the taxi-ring ones I dont know. Sounds like it's good value to take your own car around there.

later in the season (i'm not sure if it's next week) Sabine will actually attempt a quick lap in a Ford Transit Van (as she bragged she can beat Clarkson). Sabine driving at the limit in the van overtaking 911s is priceless "Move out of the way little man" -- The way they attempt to improve aerodymamics and saving weight is also quite funny. I cant wait to see it on TV though. I've got a feeling it's in 2 weeks time.
    1994 306 S16 sold but not forgotten
    2004 Clio 182 current

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information