xr25
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: xr25

Tadpole

Default xr25

Has anyone got xr25 test cards upto cartridge no 18 written in english,its hard enough to use without trying to read it in frog.pat.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Sorry, Renault Aus. give us nothing - they are real bastards! Love to get my hands on a XR25 and bits for a reasonabl sum. Don't know what they are thinking as with their current policy they sell a piddly nos of Renaults. Maybe they poromised their dealers that Renaults will be a gold mine?
    After all, how may nutters service their own cars? Beats me.
    Hope you find it, JoBo

You want Renault Australia to give you test equipment?
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Tadpole

Default xr25.diag2000,lexia

got a contact in france at actia,anything is possible exept these cards in english,anyone need help with these tools inc repairs and updates (very tricky they lock out the tools they have lost track of when u update) i can help,although it is a bit slow.pat.

Quote Originally Posted by frogdiag
    Has anyone got xr25 test cards upto cartridge no 18 written in english,its hard enough to use without trying to read it in frog.pat.
    If you have the cards, why not just cut up some blank card and translate them yourself with the aid of a technical minded frog.They just sit there and dont actually do anything but tell you what LED means what.you might even be able to get some translation help from some of our members.
    Jo

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Europa
    You want Renault Australia to give you test equipment?
    Well, not give; i'm prepared to pay a reasonable amount bearing in mind it is not rocket launching one off technology.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frogdiag
    got a contact in france at actia,anything is possible exept these cards in english,anyone need help with these tools inc repairs and updates (very tricky they lock out the tools they have lost track of when u update) i can help,although it is a bit slow.pat.
    Sounds good frogdiag, i work with a (non technical) frog. My sister lives in Paris. Any contacts would be most welcome!
    If you need some translating i can ask my mate at work.
    Locking out XR25 sounds very subversive in a reverse sort of way - is it a fact? and wouldn't/couldn't it make these XR25s more or less useless?
    Cheers

Tadpole

The XR25 isn't updated anymore and i've never heard that they have locked/blocked any XR25 from accepting a newer cassette.

I know of a XR25 for sale with the latest cassette no18 and both 12 and 16 pin cables on it. Price is around 650 GBP
    Give me a hint and i'll put you in contact (UK)
    Tom ---> www.renaultbiler.no
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    PHP Code:
    <? require "Renault Clip tool" ?>
    1980 Alpine A-310 - with 2.5 V6 Turbo
    1983 R30TX - 65000 km
    1993 Espace RT 2.2
    1988 Trafic 2.1D 4x4

Hi,

there is a new alternative: An emulated XR25, called the xr25 PC which runs on every windows computer. The connection is via usb. The software is quite easy to install and with the described testlead it works well on the Renault 25. The only thing that will cost you money is the adapter which has to be soldered (you'll find all the instructions in one of the following links)

http://fr.calameo.com/books/0000223209a77db49a737
    http://fr.calameo.com/books/000022320e8528ab07058
    http://fr.calameo.com/books/0000223207ec9b26c67e0
    http://fr.calameo.com/books/0000223201933311014a5
    http://fr.calameo.com/books/000022320196ee8f460c3

Installing the software is easy if you follow the instructions and start with the base 1.15 Version. When it says copy the xy zip-file into the xz folder do not only copy but also unzip. That is the only difficulty.

Enjoy!

Daniel

Thread Information