Renault Rules!
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Renault Rules!

Default Renault Rules!

just got back from my 6 week honeymoon this week and had an absolute ball.

anyway on my travels i saw some interesting things which proves renault is the best!

was in italy and there is big cafe called "cafe renault"...i took a pic of it but it's downloaded on my portable hard drive (which unfortunately stuffed up on my trip) so will have to get it fixed and hopefully the pics are all still on there...never saw a peugeot or citroen cafe.

and when i was in tahiti on the island of moreea i saw a maroon RSC tearing it up...would be heaps of fun driving that car there as their is only twisty roads...though it would be hard to be going full pelt as there are always people walking the streets, chickens and dogs...no fun driving the RSC off the road and giving it a first hand experience of the magnificent clear water tahiti is known for.

Advertisement

Default In Spain, too!

... not to mention that Spain's top-selling car in 2005 is the Renault Megane - dammit I just did!

Fellow Frogger!

Default Renault in Paradise

On the island of Moreea there is only one road, basically. It is the circumference of the island! The trip up to Belvedere, however, is awesome and infrequently travelled. The views are magnificent.
    We hired a Clio 1.4 and pushed hard. Lots of fun!
    DO NOT import used Clios from Tahiti!

Quote Originally Posted by David M
    On the island of Moreea there is only one road, basically. It is the circumference of the island! The trip up to Belvedere, however, is awesome and infrequently travelled. The views are magnificent.
    We hired a Clio 1.4 and pushed hard. Lots of fun!
    DO NOT import used Clios from Tahiti!
    yep that's right...we hired some atv's (4wd motor bikes) and did the trip through some of the dirt roads towards the mountains, and also headed up to belvedere...will have to post those pics when i get the chance.

also hired out those beach buggies and drove around the island...even though top speed was only about 50km/hr they were pretty fun off the mark and flying round all the twists and turns.

Fellow Frogger!

Default berzerker

Awesome!

What a great place for a good time!

Quote Originally Posted by David M
    Awesome!

What a great place for a good time!
    you bet it was, but it sure is expensive in tahiti...at first i found it hard to understand how the locals could afford living there...then i found out that the french government subsidise their living costs...always saw plenty of locals just sitting around and enjoying themselves instead of working...what a great place to do that...tahitians are some of the friendliest people i have ever met and the crime rate there is very low...

fun and adventure was the name of the game for us in tahit so we also hired out waverunners carving out the waves in the open waters...was very fun but you had to be wary where you're going cause there are alot of big rocks and reefy areas especially where the water was shallow.

also fed wild sting rays...these were very big creatures but they were so placid and friendly...you could pet them and they even jumped on your leg when they thought you had some food...i would never have imagined the locals to feed them and earn their trust to make them so friendly...i always thought they would spear a sting ray the first chance they would sight one.

also had the chance to swim and frolic with dolphins but we ran out of time and it was very exe.

plenty of other outdoor activities available if you have the money.

Default Don't feel so bad :)

Quote Originally Posted by berzerker
    ... was in italy and there is big cafe called "cafe renault"...i took a pic of it but it's downloaded on my portable hard drive (which unfortunately stuffed up on my trip) so will have to get it fixed and hopefully the pics are all still on there...never saw a peugeot or citroen cafe.
    All is not lost, Berzie Boy. How about these pics?

Here and here
    ... or go straight to their "flash"y site - I'll translate if you like.
    Last edited by The Gonz; 6th January 2006 at 01:47 AM.

Icon14

good stuff that's the one!!!

Tadpole

its even renault style lettering !
    1974 Renault 12 GL

Quote Originally Posted by berzerker
    you bet it was, but it sure is expensive in tahiti.
    I'll second that, as a result there isn't much low cost tourism there - eg. youth hostels etc.

Los Angeles-Papeete is actually one of Air New Zealand's most profitable routes I've been told, basically as a result of rich Californians flying Business Class on holiday.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Keithturbo
    its even renault style lettering !
    that's what caught my eye as i was walking by and i was like

Thread Information