Clio Sport
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Clio Sport

Tadpole

Default Clio Sport

Does anybody know what happened to to the Blue (with white stripes) 182 Clio Cup car, with roll cage that went through Pickles ( or was it Fowles) Auction in Sept/Nov for $9,000 ???????
    Boydy

Advertisement

Depending on which one it is, I’ve heard that one is being rebuilt, and another one was purchased to be rebuilt as a track car for those places that do track days.

Tadpole

Default Clio sport at auction

Thanks Simon
    But this was not a damaged car it was a repossesion and sold way way below value!!

Ooo, that’d be a newbie then. The only one I know of with a cage, the two previous ones mentioned not having a cage, was the 2002 metallic red RSC that was the tarmac rally car in Victoria. That sold on Ebay for around the $9K mark as well around September '05, but would have needed a lot of refettling to be suitable for road registration in the form of seat belts, door trims etc etc..

1000+ Posts

That was the red one i think?
    It was in non-registerable condition!

As i think it was heavily modified by the guys down from Rick Damelian, which had some contract to do a some sort of "special series", i *think* they're no longer doing the Clio stuff, as they had a bit of a sell off ages ago.

It went to a place in Melbourne to be used as an R&D car.

Simon --> beat me by minutes

Yes, the red car would have been unregistrable for the road in the format it was sold in. Here are the pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clio Sport-cliors2.jpeg   Clio Sport-cliors5.jpeg   Clio Sport-cliors9.jpeg  

Tadpole

Default Clio sport

Thanks Simon & Nate
    This car was definetly the Blue one with a cage and white stripe. Funny you shold mention the special series there were a couple of nutters who were talking about this one was a guy calling himeself Renault Motorsport Australia in Parramatta Rd Sydney but he went brok owing people money.

If any body sees a cheap buy Clio RS fopr sale, and it doesn't need to be registerable I am looking for one to replace by 2002 Barina race car. I would be grateful for any help.
    Boydy

moosey

What series were you running the Barina in?

Tadpole

Default Clio sport

Victorian and Australain Hillclimb champs.

moosey

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy
    Victorian and Australain Hillclimb champs.
    Nice one.

It may also be worth scanning the OZ Renaultsport forum, http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/ they have the odd cheapy (not $9K cheapy though) RSC on the for sale boards. Alternatively if road rego isn’t an issue, could something be bought in from Japan? Or scope out the nearest friendly Renault dealer for any doggy high miler RSC trade in that they want to push though the back door.

Tadpole

Default Clio for race car

Thanks Simon
    I'm trying everything.
    I had a 2003 V6 coming from Japan water damaged Yen 1,000 800 about $12,000 but agent said it was right hand but it turned out to be left hook so I bailed out.

moosey

... now that would have been nice.

Covert, you really are the Aussiefrogs web-meister!

How on earth do you find SO many links, it must take ages!
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Tadpole

Default clio sport

Thanks Covert.
    Ther are a few there that I haven't seen before. That V6 Lutecia club has 85 registered members in japan.

Default Places I like to go to get asian mags

Hey boydy I find that V6 club amazing, it's like the japanese spider club, as there are so many japanese imports coming into australia I don't see why people don't look north to japan for some good renaults... And i am sure as soon as these renault freaks are onto the next V6 model, there will be some cheaper V6 Lutecia's for sale.... or like the water damaged one you were looking at....

As for the asian links europa, I just search the net surfing the links on the japanese sites, late at night, for a few hours, you find some great stuff, or I buy japanese or chinese magazines on renaults, have found some great ones in Japanese bookstores.... There was a great japanese mag with lotus europas in it, but it were around 30 bucks.... special japanese one...

I used to go to kinokuniya in either singapore, san francisco, or new york to see the magazines there but of course this was very rare, only on holidays... but they have a great store in sydney, I was just there yesterday and picked up some great mags, like a taiwanese magazine on renault... they have a few copies still, so NSW aussiefrogs should check them out, got a cool magazine, japanese called Garage Style, all about car owners and there garages in japan, great stuff...

I have uploaded a PDF file to my website, so click on the link to see some small photo's of the pages and front cover of the taiwanese mag.
    http://www.volkerschubert.com/asian_renault_mags_01.pdf

http://www.kinokuniya.com/
    list of addresses
    http://www.kinokuniya.co.jp/english/...network04.html

Level 2
    The Galeries Victoria
    500 George Street,Sydney, NSW 2000
    Australia ph. 02-9262-7996

Mon 10am - 7pm
    Tue 10am - 7pm
    Wed 10am - 7pm
    Thurs 10am - 9pm
    Fri 10am - 7pm
    Sat 10am - 7pm
    Sun 10am - 6pm

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy
    Thanks Covert.
    Ther are a few there that I haven't seen before. That V6 Lutecia club has 85 registered members in japan.
    Last edited by Covert; 6th January 2006 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Covert

http://www.kinokuniya.com/
    list of addresses
    http://www.kinokuniya.co.jp/english/...network04.html

Level 2
    The Galeries Victoria
    500 George Street,Sydney, NSW 2000
    Australia ph. 02-9262-7996
    I often eat near this shop, might have to check it out . Aslong as i can push the nerds bloking the entry asside...jokes. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Keep up the good work Covert, I rarely get to travel interstate these days (and never to the USA) so it's great to see some of this stuff :-)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Tadpole

Default V6 links

Thanks Covert
    You are brill!
    When I get one you'll be first for a ride.

Thread Information