Feugo A/C
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Feugo A/C

Default Feugo A/C

Can anyone out there point me in the direction of a repairer in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne who can fix my Feugo A/C preferably using the old type gas?

Many thanks,

Advertisement
    JYD

2003 VW Bora 4 Motion
    2004 VW Golf

I believe the old gas is both unobtainable and outlawed, Due to stupid ozone issue or some inconvnient enviromental problem...

1000+ Posts

Default PM Jobo

Quote Originally Posted by minigordini
    I believe the old gas is both unobtainable and outlawed, Due to stupid ozone issue or some inconvnient enviromental problem...

Send a PM to Jobo and have a talk with him, he may have some practical solutions you can utilise as a result of his research into this subject.

Ken

Any decent radiator/ac shop can do it. Fuego AC is pretty standard stuff with a japanese Sanden compressor.

Mr Radiator in Ringwood gassed my last Fuego, and also did my R21.

But first you need to know why the gas leaked out to start with. If it all looks ok visually, they will gas it up with a special dye added to the gas. When it leaks out, it shows up with a UV light and they can see where the leak is.

Also, the old R12 gas is no longer about, but these systems will take the current R134A gas with no problems - they just have to put new fittings on where the gas is added. The AC will be a little less efficient with this gas though.

If the AC has been out of action for a while, it may be a good idea to get the oil inthe compressor changed. You may also be up for new O rings at all the hose connections. Other things that may be worng is a leaking compressor or condensor. Compressor can be overhauled for a couple of hundred, or you may be lucky and get a good compressor or condensor s/h.
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Default Thanks

Many thanks for the information. Will follow up and let people know what the outcome may be.

Then, of course, with the various things around the house to do (keep the treasurer happy) winter may be here before I actually get anything done!!
    JYD

2003 VW Bora 4 Motion
    2004 VW Golf

Thread Information