It's official I have gone completely mad
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default It's official I have gone completely mad

After mulling over how I was going to use the the spare Fuego I purchased a couple of months ago to enhance my current 85 registered Fuego, ie engine and power steering swap, I came across another sad looking Fuego on the side of the road on the way to work.

Apparantely, it had only just been purchased by a young kid and unfortunately he ran up the back of another car.

It was left on the side of the road and after a few days the local vandals had got to work on it breaking the windscreen and scratching the paintwork. Feeling sorry for it, I left a note under the wipers for the owner to contact me, which he did. A small very sum was paid and I had it towed to my place.

I now have 3 Fuegos in the drive:

1 going red Fuego;

1 silver fuego with minor body damage; and

the latest aquisition another red one.

I have just about stripped the latest one for parts which I can now use to restore the silver one.

Is this some kind of mental illness and is there a cure?

Advertisement

Begs the question, 65 year old vandals in Tasmania?

Isn't everyone a pensioner down there?
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Hey Phewgo,

Sit back and enjoy your illness, it's keeping you alive.

Naturally the answer is obvious, strip the sad red one (remains to froggies or tip), do up the best of the next two and keep one hidden for rainy days or spares and drive the good one.

cheers ed ge

ps. there is no known cure for your affliction.

Only one cure - when the world runs out of Fuegos! But theres a few years yet I think :-)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

The jo proffi unofficial fuego register would make this the 4th cheap fuego to be bought up by in less month,by long standing fuego owners.
    At this rate of consumption, that time you speak of Europa,may be closer than I once thought.It now apears that there are more sydney fuego buyers than just me,which is good for the longevity of the model.
    Jo

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

The cure is simple .... drive an old for a few days ... You'll never go back to Renaults ... However the Cit's are bigger and take up even more space ... hmmmmmmm.... possibly not such a great idea

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Mate,

You have really got the bug....I saw that crashed one I think where was it again?

Cheers

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    1990 Peugeot 505 GTD Turbo Wagon
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

1000+ Posts

Default Wife Acceptance Factor, but honey its cheap parts!

PhewGo

Now its just a matter of time till you save heaps of money by taking a needed part from the wreck and fitting it to the other. Mind you one more in the back yard will PROBABLY strain the W.A.F.

Now if you can afford an additional nice pristine Fuego for your wife to drive and enjoy for herself you've all but won her over.

Ken

Tadpole

Hi Ben

The crashed Fuego was parked just opposite the Polish Club on main road New Town.

The car started straight away when I tried it despite the front end smack.

Apart from no water left in the punctured radiator, it was left on the side of the road because the impact pushed the engine back a few inches and broke the alloy bracket holding the clutch cable.

Apart from the front bumber, radiator and lights, most parts are salvageable.

Ken, I like the idea about getting one for the missus, however her tastes are more expensive than mine and would rather a Clio.

Cheers

Damien

Icon10

Damn! I didn't get down to hobbie in time!!!

Aus
    P.s I concur...there is no known cure
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

Only 3??? That isn't mad, that is only the initial stages! I would have to do a bit of thinking to work out the precise number of Imps I have...

Quote Originally Posted by PhewGo
    Is this some kind of mental illness and is there a cure?crazy:
    It's an addiction, more than an illness, but it's cheaper than drugs or booze and it's better for your health too! Yes there is a cure! The missus, once she says enough, it'll be time to go cold turkey!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

In all seriousness, the disease seems to be one that single(ish) blokes in their thirties suffer from.There is a cure,that some might say is a disease in itself, and its in the shape of a two year old baby. I've bought 2 good ones of blokes with babies, who just could not be bothered fuegoing any longer.
    So I'm enjoying my fuego time untill the inevitable happens,and i'll trade it in on a nomad.
    jo

1000+ Posts

Icon6 John - beware of travelling imps!

Quote Originally Posted by johnh875
    Only 3??? That isn't mad, that is only the initial stages! I would have to do a bit of thinking to work out the precise number of Imps I have...

John are those imps the ones that people put in their front garden and then one day one goes AWOL and you start getting photos of it in exotic travel locations around the world

Its true I saw it on cable recently so it must be true

LOL I'm @ 7 but I havn't seen one in a while. I think I own them all now. Good thing to becuase the colection would of kept growing.
    1984 Renault Fuego 2.2L Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    There is a cure,that some might say is a disease in itself, and its in the shape of a two year old baby. I've bought 2 good ones of blokes with babies, who just could not be bothered fuegoing any longer.
    Yeh, I know exactly what they're going through (15 month old here), and it's not so much that you can't be bothered, more that there simply isn't enough hours in the day to fiddle around with 1980's Renaults AND keep the family from going crazy!

..but having seen this before with others, I'm going to try to push through the barrier and keep the old stuff around :-)
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Ken one of the Imp guys in Sydney has this web page on that very topic! Unfortunately it seems the site is down so I can't give you a link. Luckily only 3 of mine are outside, the rest are in a shed - trouble is that is at the end of a 2.5hr drive from home...

Thread Information